The Student Room Group

New To UK ,Need a Crash Course on UK Politics and History

Hi guys, if there will not be any problems, I will be a freshman at Uni of Bristol this year. I personally believe that if I am going to be staying in a country for some time, I should have at least a slight idea of what is going on. I do have historical information but of course it is not enough. So I thought of asking you guys for a crash course on UK politics and history. Any help would be appreciated, including youtube videos and links and stuff.
(edited 7 years ago)
At the moment there is a Conservative party that isn't really that conservative and in Scotland there's a Nationalist party that isn't really that nationalist. We voted to leave the EU recently and we're seeing how that goes.

That's about it at the moment.
Original post by TheAtaKhan
Hi guys, if there will not be any problems, I will be a freshman at Uni of Bristol this year. I personally believe that if I am going to be staying in a country for some time, I should have at least a slight idea of what is going on. I do have historical information but of course it is not enough. So I thought of asking you guys for a crash course on UK politics and history. Any help would be appreciated, including youtube videos and links and stuff.

All you need to know is that right now, UK politics is one massive b*tch fight
Reply 3
Original post by Davij038
At the moment there is a Conservative party that isn't really that conservative and in Scotland there's a Nationalist party that isn't really that nationalist. We voted to leave the EU recently and we're seeing how that goes.

That's about it at the moment.

Well...Could you be more specific?
Original post by TheAtaKhan
Well...Could you be more specific?

What in particular do you want me to be more specific about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending