The Student Room Group

M2, S2 or FP2?? WJEC Maths

Looking to do Further Maths as an AS level next year with WJEC. The school are very flexible on the modules that I could take. I've done C1, C2, M1 this year and I was just wondering what modules are easier out of FP2, FP3, S1, S2, S3, M2 and M3? (I would obviously need to use M2 or S1 for my A2 Maths). If you've done even just a few of these could you please put them in order from easiest to hardest, just so I can get an idea of what to take next year. Thanks!!
Original post by lukethomas1999
Looking to do Further Maths as an AS level next year with WJEC. The school are very flexible on the modules that I could take. I've done C1, C2, M1 this year and I was just wondering what modules are easier out of FP2, FP3, S1, S2, S3, M2 and M3? (I would obviously need to use M2 or S1 for my A2 Maths). If you've done even just a few of these could you please put them in order from easiest to hardest, just so I can get an idea of what to take next year. Thanks!!

I'm with edexcel not WJEC but I imagine the content is still very similar for separate courses. If I had to rank them out of the ones I've done I'd say:s-smilie:2
M2
S1
FP2

I think M2 is of identical difficulty to M1 so I think you should use how you found it to decide whether to do further mechanics modules. I think S2 is easier than S1 however I suspect there's a rule that means you can't do S2 without S1 (although content wise I think you probably could as I didn't experience much overlap myself)
Original post by smartalan73
I'm with edexcel not WJEC but I imagine the content is still very similar for separate courses. If I had to rank them out of the ones I've done I'd say:s-smilie:2
M2
S1
FP2

I think M2 is of identical difficulty to M1 so I think you should use how you found it to decide whether to do further mechanics modules. I think S2 is easier than S1 however I suspect there's a rule that means you can't do S2 without S1 (although content wise I think you probably could as I didn't experience much overlap myself)

Yeah you have to do S1 to do S2. I found M1 really easy but that was because there was a huge overlap with wjec physics. Thanks! Thats a big help!

Quick Reply

Latest