The Student Room Group

Talking to her after a year

I really liked a girl in school, but we didn't speak that much (when we did it was a laugh or a flirt though, enjoyed them). I suppose I got strong feelings too early cause of her personality and looks, but they're still there even though I haven't spoken to her for a year since the start of college cause of different lessons/friends. I'm sure she remembers me but I can't just let those feelings disappear without at least asking her out, it's just initiating contact again after all this time. I can either do it naturally through actual spoken words in college in 2 months time (much more confident than I used to be and I'd like to show her that, would help me out I think) or I can make an FB and contact her on it and try and arrange something there with no conversation starter at this time. Any help appreciated, it's mad to think she lives like 10 minutes away yet it feels so farrrr and I feel so stupid, but whatever that's me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I really liked a girl in school, but we didn't speak that much (when we did it was a laugh or a flirt though, enjoyed them). I suppose I got strong feelings too early cause of her personality and looks, but they're still there even though I haven't spoken to her for a year since the start of college cause of different lessons/friends. I'm sure she remembers me but I can't just let those feelings disappear without at least asking her out, it's just initiating contact again after all this time. I can either do it naturally through actual spoken words in college in 2 months time (much more confident than I used to be and I'd like to show her that, would help me out I think) or I can make an FB and contact her on it and try and arrange something there with no conversation starter at this time. Any help appreciated, it's mad to think she lives like 10 minutes away yet it feels so farrrr and I feel so stupid, but whatever that's me.

It sounds like you have very strong feelings for her so you should definitely ask her out (better face to face than on FB). 1 year is not a very long time, so you should not have too much of a problem initiating contact. Better you talk to her after 1 year than let it turn into 2 years, or 3 years... you get the idea!
Best of luck!x:smile:
I'd do it now whilst you have the time rather than leaving it till college.
Reply 3
Original post by sunshine774
It sounds like you have very strong feelings for her so you should definitely ask her out (better face to face than on FB). 1 year is not a very long time, so you should not have too much of a problem initiating contact. Better you talk to her after 1 year than let it turn into 2 years, or 3 years... you get the idea!
Best of luck!x:smile:

Thank you! I think doing it in person will just give me a better chance, I'm constantly thinking about asking her and just need to do it.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
I'd do it now whilst you have the time rather than leaving it till college.

Think I'll just go out more, maybe I'll bump into her, who knows? I'm really not into the Facebook idea now I don't think. Just seems like I could do that with any girl.
Think I'll just go out more, maybe I'll bump into her, who knows? I'm really not into the Facebook idea now I don't think. Just seems like I could do that with any girl.

In a way you are making excuses for not doing anything.
If FV isnt for you, then call her uo or send her an e-mail moving it to a meet up or phone chat sooner rather than later.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
In a way you are making excuses for not doing anything.
If FV isnt for you, then call her uo or send her an e-mail moving it to a meet up or phone chat sooner rather than later.

Think about it... A shy guy you kinda used to know comes back into your life and chats with you randomly on Facebook about how you are and asks for your number.

Or a shy guy you kinda used to know sees you on the street, exudes confidence now, asks for your number and if you want to meet up.

Which one's better?
The best thing to do is to JUST DO IT!
If you do get her number take her to watch a scary movie it always works :wink:
Reply 9
If you do get her number take her to watch a scary movie it always works :wink:

Loool I'll be more scared than her :biggrin:
Does she have FB? you can try that if it leads to that but face to face is always best
Good Luck
Does she have FB? you can try that if it leads to that but face to face is always best
Good Luck

She does, I don't. But I can change that. I'd rather be face to face but as a last resort it's fine.
In fact I could just use Facebook to get her number, then call her (not text) and then meet up in person if it all goes to plan. Once I'm past the point of initial contact I'd be ok.
It is that initial contact I need actually, I just don't wanna seem weird cause a year to me seems like a long time and I've walked past her a few times when she's been with friends or if I'm walking upstairs and I just have never said a thing, but I can see us working out if I actually speak to her lmao, all about confidence and changing any perception she may have. Killing my brain.
Original post by Foo.mp3
A secure and in demand male won't bother with her especially :colonhash:

A secure male will hit her up on facebook, without delay :danceboy:

Otherwise, you'll wait till college, and prove yourself to her :colondollar:

Well I'm definitely not in demand lmao, and it's closure anyway. I can't let things go, never mind girls who are the specific exact type I have created in my brain and live like a 15 minute walk away. I'm not interested in relationships right now unless it's someone I really want to chill with, it's not me to just settle or lead someone on.

And of course, but I'm not secure with her right now. There is a sense of proving myself but it's a couple of minutes of confidence, it's just showing myself in the best light which is more likely to get me one and then I can show her I'm a great guy she should be around and I'll live with zero regret no matter what happens from then on cause I did it myyyyyy waaaayyyyy.
I think even if it does lead to you having to wait until college starts, its fine just know its okay to take things slowly the most important thing is that you have to gain your confidence cos confidence if key even if you have to fake it to make it did you ever have lessons with her? also do you know that she's single because it could be crappy not knowing if shes taken?
How do you know she lives 15 mins away ??? LOOOOOL
Jesus seems like an intense crush you've got there wow you've been through a whole year without talking .. anyway LOOL Don't worry all that matters now is that you do whatever it takes to initiate a conversation with her, what makes you like her that much Looks Personality, both?
How do you know she lives 15 mins away ??? LOOOOOL

Gets on the bus a few stops after me
Jesus seems like an intense crush you've got there wow you've been through a whole year without talking .. anyway LOOL Don't worry all that matters now is that you do whatever it takes to initiate a conversation with her, what makes you like her that much Looks Personality, both?

Both, she's good looking but that wouldn't be enough for me to still like her after all this time lmao. She just gives off a good vibe, confident, funny, intelligent. I've talked to like 50 girls since the start of college in lessons and just out and about and none are even close to comparing even though some are quite attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending