The Student Room Group

Academic/hard working women less prone to promiscuity/early copulations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
So, being promiscuous and charitable is mutually exclusive according to you?

Very often. As sex tends to fuel all the other debased ideals like MTV style consumerism
Original post by JoPearson89
Maybe instead of spending all that time worshipping a deity, when there is no evidence that they even exist, you could instead do something productive like build roads and expand the country's broadband network.

Spoiler

The Quran has the entire social and moral framework covered pretty succinctly. Following Ramadan for a month ideally would be compulsory for the UK youth. It is difficult to become overweight, promiscuous, greedy and financially insolvent if one observes the festival properly. Dawah (public giving) is particularly important during Ramadan.
Original post by MoralInversion
Very often. As sex tends to fuel all the other debased ideals like MTV style consumerism

No, consumerism fuels consumerism. It's its own thing.
I don't know about sexual activity per se, but there has often been said to be a link between low incomes and teenage pregnancies. *It may be that those on higher incomes have more access to contraception or a greater willingness to use it.
No, consumerism fuels consumerism. It's its own thing.

Marketeers do use the lure of the filth to promote their pointless stuff. Many so called musicians do so to sell their dubious music too. There is no doubt that sexuality outside of reproduction is evil and immoral.
The Quran has the entire social and moral framework covered pretty succinctly. Following Ramadan for a month ideally would be compulsory for the UK youth. It is difficult to become overweight, promiscuous, greedy and financially insolvent if one observes the festival properly. Dawah (public giving) is particularly important during Ramadan.

I'm aware of Dawah. The larger point is that responsibility for the homeless should fall on the government, who can organise things centrally and comprehensively, rather than haphazardly on the community.

The middle east region is also home to some of the world's highest obesity (and diabetes) rates, despite being an islamic heartland.

Plus, if being "morally pure" was all their was to society, as you seem to reduce everything to, then why is Saudi Arabia et al. not ascendent? By your own logic they should be dominating the world. Yet at the minute the state is struggling to rapidly transition from an oil-based economy to a service-based one, and the good money is on them failing spectacularly.
I'm aware of Dawah. The larger point is that responsibility for the homeless should fall on the government, who can organise things centrally and comprehensively, rather than haphazardly on the community.

The middle east region is also home to some of the world's highest obesity (and diabetes) rates, despite being an islamic heartland.

Plus, if being "morally pure" was all their was to society, as you seem to reduce everything to, then why is Saudi Arabia et al. not ascendent? By your own logic they should be dominating the world. Yet at the minute the state is struggling to rapidly transition from an oil-based economy to a service-based one, and the good money is on them failing spectacularly.

I differ from you then as I feel government should take much less of a role; society should be run from the bottom up rather than by the central state. Ideally the community should morally police everything and the state shouldnt intervene every time there is unwanted pregnancy or a women gets knocked about.

As I said to some other chap just now, Saudi has a higher standard of living than here probably. The woman and the children are doted on heavily and they are separated and protected in public malls for example. Much more civilised than northern england on a weekend.
I differ from you then as I feel government should take much less of a role; society should be run from the bottom up rather than by the central state. Ideally the community should morally police everything and the state shouldnt intervene every time there is unwanted pregnancy or a women gets knocked about.

As I said to some other chap just now, Saudi has a higher standard of living than here probably. The woman and the children are doted on heavily and they are separated and protected in public malls for example. Much more civilised than northern england on a weekend.

They have a high standard of living because they have a tonne of oil money and can subsidise their citizens. More than 70% of Saudi government revenue comes from oil.

No use pretending it's because they're morally righteous or whatever. It's oil. OIL.
They have a high standard of living because they have a tonne of oil money and can subsidise their citizens. More than 70% of Saudi government revenue comes from oil.

No use pretending it's because they're morally righteous or whatever. It's oil. OIL.

suppose a lot of our wealth came from the colonies un all
suppose a lot of our wealth came from the colonies un all

Yep. Britain sure was a colonial power, and we sure did take a lot of resources from the rest of the world.

Doesn't make what I'm saying about Saudi Arabia any less true, mind.

If all it took was some version of morality to make a successful society, then Saudi Arabia should be bossing things and not instead be hideously reliant on rapidly declining oil revenues.
I take it you're a collectivist then.

Also, why do you expect more from moral behaviour (for lack of a better term) from people with money as opposed to people without it?

I suppose they are at greater liberty to uphold "moral" behaviour.
Lmao
Have you been to uni... There's loads of academic girls lavishing in the freedom of being away from their parents and ****ging it up
Original post by Little Popcorns
Have you been to uni... There's loads of academic girls lavishing in the freedom of being away from their parents and ****ging it up

That probably diminishes in the more respected red brick unis though.
Hard working girls can still have sex
I know a "male feminist" guy whose dad is a liberal and top Philosophy professor. He has a degree and Masters, he ****ed the girl he was renting a flat from at uni, some girl in the middle of a festival crowd at 15, his childhood BFF.. hes rly annoying as hits on everyone
Original post by JeremyHunt
I know a "male feminist" guy whose dad is a liberal and top Philosophy professor. He has a degree and Masters, he ****ed the girl he was renting a flat from at uni, some girl in the middle of a festival crowd at 15, his childhood BFF.. hes rly annoying as hits on everyone

1) Why is male feminist in quotes? Sex/gender and feminism are not remotely exclusive.

2) As long as the guy respects peoples wishes and boundaries if they're not interested in him, what's wrong with him having consensual sex? (or is there some detail missing from this story?).

3) Are you seriously basing your opinion on feminists in general on one person you don't like who happens to be one? a) That's attribution error. b) One person is a hilariously small and unreliable sample size.
1) Why is male feminist in quotes? Sex/gender and feminism are not remotely exclusive.

2) As long as the guy respects peoples wishes and boundaries if they're not interested in him, what's wrong with him having consensual sex? (or is there some detail missing from this story?).

3) Are you seriously basing your opinion on feminists in general on one person you don't like who happens to be one? a) That's attribution error. b) One person is a hilariously small and unreliable sample size.

never go full SJW :lol:
never go full -insert pejorative here- :blah:
That probably diminishes in the more respected red brick unis though.

No quite the opposite imo freshers up to second year at all unis are at it. Then 3rd year they stop and get good grades...

Lol.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending