The Student Room Group

thread for a2 psych notes?

Hi!

I'm teaching myself A Level Psychology (the new AQA specification) & was wondering if people on here could please share some study notes with me? I need notes for: abnormality; gender; cognition and development; biopsychology; schizophrenia; eating; aggression; memory; conformity.

If anyone could help me out that would be fab! xo
Good luck.
We (teachers) haven't even started teaching Year 2 yet! We teach Year 2 for the first time in September.

It seems you've chosen 5 optional topics instead of 3.

You should have:
Y1 - compulsory
Social Influence (conformity)
Memory
Attachment

Approaches (covered over both years)
Psychopathology
Research Methods (covered over both years)

Y2 - compulsory
Issues and Debates
Biopsychology

One from each row below:
Relationships, Gender or cognition and development
Schizophrenia, Eating behaviour or Stress.
Aggression, forensic Psychology or Addiction

You can follow my psychblr - It's relevant to the new spec. http://iteachpsych.tumblr.com/
Reply 2
Thanks for that, I know the 2nd year of the new spec hasnt been taught yet but I know the subjects have mostly been covered from the previous specification :smile:
Original post by Fern1997
Thanks for that, I know the 2nd year of the new spec hasnt been taught yet but I know the subjects have mostly been covered from the previous specification :smile:

There's a lot of new content. But updated books, don't just rely on old resources.
And decide which optional topics you'll do, or you'll struggle with your exams.
Reply 4
Original post by Findlay6
Good luck.
We (teachers) haven't even started teaching Year 2 yet! We teach Year 2 for the first time in September.

It seems you've chosen 5 optional topics instead of 3.

You should have:
Y1 - compulsory
Social Influence (conformity)
Memory
Attachment

Approaches (covered over both years)
Psychopathology
Research Methods (covered over both years)

Y2 - compulsory
Issues and Debates
Biopsychology

One from each row below:
Relationships, Gender or cognition and development
Schizophrenia, Eating behaviour or Stress.
Aggression, forensic Psychology or Addiction

You can follow my psychblr - It's relevant to the new spec. http://iteachpsych.tumblr.com/

Ive just finished my A2 and i self taught (not by choice, due to an awful sixform). My biggest issue was structure so spend some time nailing that. I cant really remember my As topics now, but A2 i did relationships, schizophrenia, aggression, media and sleep.

I remember doing stress at As and it was the burden of my year. Relationships is an easy topic as is aggression and schizophrenia is interesting! Have a look through the syllabus and see what you like. I still have my notes but i doubt they would be much help as its the old spec.

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Abbey15
Ive just finished my A2 and i self taught (not by choice, due to an awful sixform). My biggest issue was structure so spend some time nailing that. I cant really remember my As topics now, but A2 i did relationships, schizophrenia, aggression, media and sleep.

I remember doing stress at As and it was the burden of my year. Relationships is an easy topic as is aggression and schizophrenia is interesting! Have a look through the syllabus and see what you like. I still have my notes but i doubt they would be much help as its the old spec.

Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for replying. Would it be possible for you to send me over your notes on relationships, schizophrenia & aggression please? Could be quite helpful as I'm trying to get as much info on the topics as possible. X
Reply 6
Original post by Findlay6
There's a lot of new content. But updated books, don't just rely on old resources.
And decide which optional topics you'll do, or you'll struggle with your exams.

Are there any particular books you'd recommend? Or websites for additional help.
Reply 7
Hey,

These are the powerpoints I used to get me through the AQA A2 psychology exams.

The PSYA3 powerpoint includes aggression, cognition and development, and eating behaviour and covers all the essay questions in immense detail.

@Fern1997 @Findlay6
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Eating Behaviour, Aggression, and cognition/development all on this powerpoint suitable for AQA A2 psychology
Reply 9
Original post by fefssdf
Hey,

These are the powerpoints I used to get me through the AQA A2 psychology exams.

The PSYA3 powerpoint includes aggression, cognition and development, and eating behaviour and covers all the essay questions in immense detail.

@Fern1997 @Findlay6

Thanks so much! I dont suppose you have any for AS? :smile:
Thanks so much! I dont suppose you have any for AS? :smile:

yh I do have one somewhere - I just need to find it
Are there any particular books you'd recommend? Or websites for additional help.

The Green Haired Girl/Pink Haired Girl.
CPG revision guide.
Heyy :smile: I just finished psychology a2, I put my notes online here --> http://alevelstudy.weebly.com I know it's the old spec but much of the information is the same. Also I'm studying psychology at uni and am currently reading through my text book so if you need any more information or anything just give me a DM on here, even if it's throughout the year, I'm happy to help :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by charlie2466
Heyy :smile: I just finished psychology a2, I put my notes online here --> http://alevelstudy.weebly.com I know it's the old spec but much of the information is the same. Also I'm studying psychology at uni and am currently reading through my text book so if you need any more information or anything just give me a DM on here, even if it's throughout the year, I'm happy to help :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending