The Student Room Group

Any computer scientist/computational neurosciences/open source enthusiast about?

I'm a noob, but my interests are open source, neuroscience, computational neuroscience etc. Might get a blog running if anyone shows up.
Reply 1
That sounds cool. I have started studying those topics in my spare time but I'm just a middle school noob so can't really help. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by _Tech2
That sounds cool. I have started studying those topics in my spare time but I'm just a middle school noob so can't really help. :frown:

we're all noobs my friend. i'm doing an undergraduate degree.
Reply 3
Original post by mrahim
we're all noobs my friend. i'm doing an undergraduate degree.

Congrats. You're where I want to be in a few years :biggrin:

If you want to start a blog you should definitely do it. It would be great for your CV. I could see if I recommend it to people I know but there aren't many :/.

You might have better luck if you try programming stack exchange, if you haven't already.
Reply 4
Original post by _Tech2
Congrats. You're where I want to be in a few years :biggrin:

If you want to start a blog you should definitely do it. It would be great for your CV. I could see if I recommend it to people I know but there aren't many :/.

You might have better luck if you try programming stack exchange, if you haven't already.

Have you programmed anything? I want to participate in google summer of code, hence why I want to keep a blog related to that.
Reply 5
I am :smile: I plan on doing an undergraduate degree in computer science, and then perhaps going into a field involving computational neuroscience or artificial intelligence, as I find both fields really interesting and often find myself reading books about them in my spare time.

I'm also currently doing my EPQ on artificial intelligence! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mrahim
Have you programmed anything? I want to participate in google summer of code, hence why I want to keep a blog related to that.

I've just been using some books on Java, Python, Html, etc.
Reply 7
Original post by AmarRPM
I am :smile: I plan on doing an undergraduate degree in computer science, and then perhaps going into a field involving computational neuroscience or artificial intelligence, as I find both fields really interesting and often find myself reading books about them in my spare time.

I'm also currently doing my EPQ on artificial intelligence! :smile:

Cool, Computer Science is the best! :biggrin: Can you suggest a few books you thought were really interesting?
Reply 8
Original post by _Tech2
I've just been using some books on Java, Python, Html, etc.

You can do projects, build a game and things like that (using say html5, javascript). That way you learn a lot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by mrahim
Cool, Computer Science is the best! :biggrin: Can you suggest a few books you thought were really interesting?

"The Cambridge Handbook of Artificial Intelligence" is the book I am currently reading for my EPQ and it is excellent; generally a really interesting read. "Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain" has been great so far, although I have only read the chapters on the brain and behaviour as that is what interests me the most (I will definitely get around to reading the entire book in due time).

Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by mrahim
You can do projects, build a game and things like that (using say html5, javascript). That way you learn a lot.

Thanks for the advice. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
starting a comp sci degree this september. Cant wait :woo:
Reply 12
Original post by Tai Ga
starting a comp sci degree this september. Cant wait :woo:

Cool, computer science is the best! Have you programmed before?

Quick Reply

Latest