The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Al-farhan
May Allah have mercy on your dead and our dead and the dead of muslims.
these past couple weeks the whole world is in a mess.

Original post by IdeasForLife
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. May accept accept them as martyrs.

Jzk. Ameen.

Original post by Enginerd.
Agreed. Not even a day since the last atrocity and now a coup in Turkey. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not surprised.

Original post by Zamestaneh
Sadly it's because of these several reasons:
(1) Proximity
(2) Frequency of attacks
(3) How prominent the country is

I think some people generally don't care when Muslims die. So might you want to add in a 4. It was quite evident when I used to read news and current affairs alot. Of course some Muslims unfortunately do the same back and don't care when non-Muslims die etc...

Honestly, I could have mentioned this as I found out but this is not a new thing and I have learned to accept it. But do I go around blaming people and asking people for explanations who are miles away?? How pathetic is this???

Frequent attacks have been happening for years in some countries, to the extent now no one cares. And then we talk about human rights, democracy etc. REALLY? I have even heard a person saying oh the attacks were in the middle east, forget it, happens everyday. When the same person is shocked and upset about attacks in Europe. How disgusting. How would the world feel when it comes a day they say that about eg France?

I actually feel awful hearing about France and any other country, may the victims be Muslim or non-Muslim. My bro was right the aim is to divide people by religion, race and what seems easy for them so we start looking at the world as sections.

I am sorry for this rant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

Honestly, I could have mentioned this as I found out but this is not a new thing and I have learned to accept it. But do I go around blaming people and asking people for explanations who are miles away. How pathetic is this???

Frequent attacks have been happening for years in some countries, to the extent now no one cares. And then we talk about human rights, democracy etc. REALLY? I have even heard a person saying oh the attacks was in the middle east, forget it happens everyday. When the same person is shocked and upset about attacks in Europe. How disgusting. How would the world feel when it comes a day they say that about eg France?

I actually feel awful hearing about France and any other country Muslim or non-Muslim. My bro was right the aim is to divide people by religion, race and what seems easy for them so we start looking at the world as sections.

It's OK I understand where you are coming from. Rant away.
Reply 122
Original post by Al-farhan
May Allah have mercy on your dead and our dead and the dead of muslims.
these past couple weeks the whole world is in a mess.

Ameen
Original post by h333

I actually feel awful hearing about France and any other country Muslim or non-Muslim. My bro was right the aim is to divide people by religion, race and what seems easy for them so we start looking at the world as sections.

I forgot what film or drama it was, but someone said "sometimes the only way you can understand yourself is through the people that hate you" - and it has a bearing of truth. The only way for Westerners to know their place in the world is to know who their enemy is, who they are against, and therefore it makes them feel secure in themsevles that they are the 'good' people who want to spread 'prosperity'; in reality they create their own enemies and do what they can to serve themselves, and this narrative of good vs bad, civilised vs uncivilised is the perpeutual cause of this divide in race, religion, class, or whatever that you see.
Reply 124
It's OK I understand where you are coming from. Rant away.

I could go on for days and not finish. :redface:
I actually let it out to my bro. He says its all the greed for power (so corruption) but obtained with the help of mentioning religion and certain labels as it triggers the majority. Great tactics.

Original post by Zamestaneh
I forgot what film or drama it was, but someone said "sometimes the only way you can understand yourself is through the people that hate you" - and it has a bearing of truth. The only way for Westerners to know their place in the world is to know who their enemy is, who they are against, and therefore it makes them feel secure in themsevles that they are the 'good' people who want to spread 'prosperity'; in reality they create their own enemies and do what they can to serve themselves, and this narrative of good vs bad, civilised vs uncivilised is the perpeutual cause of this divide in race, religion, class, or whatever that you see.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Original post by h333
I am actually upset with the attacks around the world but less people seems to care about the those who get attacked outside Europe probably everyday.

For example, just last week in Afghanistan small but several attacks happened that were unknown to everyone as there were no media footage etc. Most probably because it is a war zone and no one actually cares anymore. Tbh no mention whatsoever by non-Muslims so why does then everyone expect us Muslims to know everything and actually highlight everything. Btw in one of the attacks my relatives were also the victims and none of them attacks had anything to do with religion. Politics plays a big role in all of this. I am actually really upset by the attitude of the world today.

I'm sorry to hear that x

I remember Mufti Menk saying 'If the world was free of problems, paradise would lose its value.'
What a beautiful quote.

Just something to ponder on-

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,*“The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever.”

(Sahih Muslim)

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Whoever remembered Allaah whilst being alive and in good health, will remember Him at the time of death."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
"If a person is sincere towards Allah in all his affairs, Allah will give him more than He gives to others, and this sincerity results from true love of Allah and true trust in Him.

So the most sincere of people is the one who loves Allah most and puts most trust in Him.

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
Original post by The Epicurean
To show the societies commitment to this goal, would you be able to make an edit to the OP to emphasise that sectarian comments will not be tolerated, making special emphasis on anti-Shia and anti-Ahmadi comments which have marred previous editions of this society?

or anti 'unbeliever' comments ? ( though this may limit the copy and paste text quoters somewhat)
Original post by Enginerd.
This. Military coups almost always lead to instability within the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is the islamic opinion on whether western style democratic government should be in place over a military dictatorship?
As i have not seen (or perhaps missed) seeing a statement on the massacre in France, let me condemn, without any reservation, the brutal killings in Nice, France.

Even though i am a muslim, i do not look at non-muslims, with a smug and superior aura, declaring them to be 'inferior' , and 'Kuffar'. When i look at a human being , the first thing i think of is, they have a beating heart like i do. They feel pain as i do, love, hate, cry, experience loss, experience joy. It is up to God to judge us all, at the end of the day, and i am not fit to be my own judge, let alone anyone elses, on such a scale.

The actions commited stem from a very violent ideology, that transcends Daesh/ISIS. Muslims, not only non-muslims, are victims to this ideaology. Indeed, Daesh/ISIS, consider swathes of muslims as apostates, and their number one target has been muslims. I implore every individual, be they an atheist, deist, a university lecturer or someone not affiliated in this field, to research this area for themselves.

And lastly, i end with the following saying attributed to Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, a man raised and adopted from infancy by the Prophet Muhammed s.a.w, raised in his arms, climbed onto his shoulder, and was a rock for Islam.

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance [Nahjul Balagha]
Original post by Tawheed
As i have not seen (or perhaps missed) seeing a statement on the massacre in France, let me condemn, without any reservation, the brutal killings in Nice, France.

Even though i am a muslim, i do not look at non-muslims, with a smug and superior aura, declaring them to be 'inferior' , and 'Kuffar'. When i look at a human being , the first thing i think of is, they have a beating heart like i do. They feel pain as i do, love, hate, cry, experience loss, experience joy. It is up to God to judge us all, at the end of the day, and i am not fit to be my own judge, let alone anyone elses, on such a scale.

The actions commited stem from a very violent ideology, that transcends Daesh/ISIS. Muslims, not only non-muslims, are victims to this ideaology. Indeed, Daesh/ISIS, consider swathes of muslims as apostates, and their number one target has been muslims. I implore every individual, be they an atheist, deist, a university lecturer or someone not affiliated in this field, to research this area for themselves.

And lastly, i end with the following saying attributed to Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, a man raised and adopted from infancy by the Prophet Muhammed s.a.w, raised in his arms, climbed onto his shoulder, and was a rock for Islam.

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance [Nahjul Balagha]
whose responsibilty do you think is it to stop Islamic State?
I pray for the ones who stand up for one who is not their own, by virtue of the principles of justice, fairness, and humanity, who, when they have a chance to remain silent , bravely speaks up for the rights of the oppressed minority.

Standing up for justice, and the principles of fairness and equality, when it is right.

Noble Quran: "
O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reformed
whose responsibilty do you think is it to stop Islamic State?

The responsibility of every able human being, each using appropriate means.
Original post by Tawheed
The responsibility of every able human being, each using appropriate means.

even if IS has nothing to do with the rest of the (non islamic) world?
Salam, according to twitter in Burma mosques have been burned and muslims attacked by radical buddhists :frown: (tweets about this were like 10hours ago so this may have been posted here beforw.)

Yet major news outlets like the BBC are silent, legit could barely find any info besides tweets and the twitter hashtag.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Salam, according to twitter in Burma mosques have been burned and muslims attacked by radical buddhists :frown: (tweets about this were like 10hours ago so this may have been posted here beforw.)

Yet major news outlets like the BBC are silent, legit could barely find any info besides tweets and the twitter hashtag.

Wa'alaykumasalaam
JazakAllahu Khayr for raising awareness.

May Allah ease their suffering.
Original post by BasharAssad
With Erdo-gone (GET IT) Bashar Al Assad will be victorious in Syria!:smile:

quite interesting the attempted coup in turkey reminiscent of the tom cruise movie Valkerie, where von staufenburg and small group of german army try to overthrow hitler
x

I don't think it is a victory for erdogan.
It is a victory for the Turkish people, they all came out. Regardless of their differences and beliefs.
Their chant through the night:
Yaa Allah, bismillah, Allahu Akbar

Never knew this was a popular chant in Turkey.
Reply 139
Original post by HAnwar
I'm sorry to hear that x

I remember Mufti Menk saying 'If the world was free of problems, paradise would lose its value.'
What a beautiful quote.

Just something to ponder on-

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,*“The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever.”

(Sahih Muslim)

Posted from TSR Mobile

JZK sis, wise words. Xx

Original post by SuperHuman98

Wa'alaikum Assalam. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Don't expect to care, I think we know by now how the pattern goes.

I am sure it has been happening for ages, I don't see anyone calling Bhuddists to be terrorists or anything similar out loud. I still will not because it is the humans themselves and their own evil. But unfortunately, we can't really expect the same for Islam/Muslims as it will always make a bigger news. So they can't let that slip out of their hands.

Wa'alaykumasalaam
JazakAllahu Khayr for raising awareness.

May Allah ease their suffering.

Ameen.

Original post by Reformed
if members here have been calling you the names that come from islamic extremists (ie as they do toward non-muslims), i suggest you report them - tsr has an obligation to report suspected islamist extremists that create hatred or intimidation

There is no such thing as an islamic extremist, either you are practicing Muslim or not. Also even that changes from time to time for every Muslim. This has been put into your head successfully by media etc. Again, all labels to isolate certain people and create fear in the hearts towards one another.

Latest

Trending

Trending