The Student Room Group

Military going nuts in turkey, Bridges closed?

Scroll to see replies

There is one report that Erdogan's plane had to take off again, but others claim he has exited the plane.

The coup faction is putting more and more soldiers onto the streets. An F-16 loyal to the coup faction did a sonic boom over Taksim Square to try to clear it, while police shot at it with handguns
yeah and apparently 104 soldiers involved in the coup, 30 of which have surrendered
Original post by AlexanderHam
LiveUAMap

There are pics too

Cool. Thanks.
Yawn 4am time for sleep

This will still be going in a few hours
Original post by cBay
According to the telegraph, there had been abnormally high police presence in Istanbul all day as if they were anticipating something. Some conspiracies going around that it's a false flag operation by Erdogan as an excuse for him to consolidate power in his own hands.

I heard that. I wouldn't put it past him if he felt it was in his interests, but it would be far too risky. It would make it look like he's lost control
Original post by neal95
yeah and apparently 104 soldiers involved in the coup, 30 of which have surrendered

There are runescape clans which are bigger. :tongue:
Original post by neal95

:lol: 104 soldiers involved in total? What a silly comment
Original post by IdeasForLife
There are runescape clans who are bigger. :tongue:

You believe there are only 104 involved? How naive are you?
:lol: 104 soldiers involved in total? What a silly comment

this has come from bbc news pal
Reply 429
Apparently a MP died in the parliament.
You believe there are only 104 involved? How naive are you?

I don't. I just wanted to make a joke lol.
Original post by neal95
this has come from bbc news pal

Where has the BBC reported there are only 105 soldiers involved in total? If you genuinely believe that then you clearly have very little common sense

If there were only 105 involved it would have been over in about 5 minutes
lets not get to excited. I know this is tsr but sit tight
Where has the BBC reported there are only 105 soldiers involved in total? If you genuinely believe that then you clearly have very little common sense

the 1:43 am update on their website.
Reply 434
104 people? Lol who do they think they're fooling..

Came from the Istanbul Police Chief.
Original post by neal95
the 1:43 am update on their website.

They were quoting the police chief making that claim. They were simply reporting his claim, not saying that was how many were involved.

The idea there were only 100 involved is ludicrous
Original post by MrDystopia
Came from the Istanbul Police Chief.

Which tells you exactly how credible that figure is
They were quoting the police chief making that claim. They were simply reporting his claim, not saying that was how many were involved.

The idea there were only 100 involved is ludicrous

fair enough lets see what happens. and I did say apparently in my first post, don't take it as gospel :L
Original post by cBay
104 people? Lol who do they think they're fooling..

The BBC for one. Until about 15 minutes ago the BBC was still reporting that the coup was winding down, when in fact things are only starting to really heat up now

Quick Reply