The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Valour is hated because they are noobs and lesser evolved lifeforms.

Valour has all the gyms in my town. Mystic and Instinct may take them over for an hour or so but Valour is dominating.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Valour is hated because they are noobs and lesser evolved lifeforms.

Spoiler

Team Valor all the way!
Yh im team valour too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got shown a very rude picture earlier of a pokemon being found in between a girls legs. -_- This is when you know the craze has gone a little too far. :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I got shown a very rude picture earlier of a pokemon being found in between a girls legs. -_- This is when you know the craze has gone a little too far. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Mine keeps crashing as I catch a Pokemon, I have to close and open the app again hoping its been saved in my list of Pokemons :colonhash:
The entirety of my sixth form is team instinct, didn't really have a choice which team I picked although if I'd chosen myself I would have gone mystic.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Welcome to the Pokemon Go official thread.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!
:pika:***Updates***

POKEMON GO IS RELEASED IN THE UK :YAY:

[*]

A modified version of the APK infected with malware has been found. So if you've downloaded from outside an official app store, it's worth double checking your version just to be safe :smile: Although word is APKmirror is likely secure.

Share your favourite images from the game & your own screenshots :excited:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon?!
What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?
What team have you chosen?

First question of help! I downloaded PokeRadar, and accidentally submitted CHARIZARD to my home address! I want to get it pulled, a my house is isolated, and I don't want local trainers flocking to my door!
Original post by Impressive

:five:
just got an eevee too!

Spoiler

Is it weird I keep getting Rattatas in my house?
Original post by Lord Samosa
Mine keeps crashing as I catch a Pokemon, I have to close and open the app again hoping its been saved in my list of Pokemons :colonhash:

Mine too, it just freezes and my pokeball is just there and i don't know if it's going to do anything. It always has them in my file when I reload the app again.
Has anyone caught any Epics!?

The closest I got was a Gengar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jay_Cartwright
Is it weird I keep getting Rattatas in my house?

Nope, Rattatas and Pidgeys are really common and turn up everywhere.
I was going around my area with my phone in front of my face and some guy in house knocked at his window at me because I was facing his house with my phone in front of my face.

Another kid on his bike (I think) kissed his teeth at me as I went past him twice.

But then again, what's more important to me, some thugs or my Pokemon.
I caught a wild squirtle last night :biggrin:
Best catch so far was a Magmar, it's pretty weak though as I caught it around Level 5 and i'm now Level 13, and I don't have the candy to strengthen it.

My strongest Pokemon are all evolutions. Flareon and Hypno are my top 2.
Just caught a level 684 Vaporeon in morrisons car park*:colone:
Wheres the best place in london to catch pokemon
How many of those enjoying the game right now have experience of the "core" of the franchise (i.e. X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire being the current generation)? Do you guys wish the other 570 species from Chikorita onwards were available to catch?
I've caught 99% of my pokemon while sat in my house, I've only seen 2 pokemon outside. I think the biggest reason for this is the lack of internet/GPS signal. I walked along my main road to visit the pokestops and then the gym, upon reaching the gym I had no signal so couldn't train the pokemon there (I joined the same team as them). So today I took a walk to the next village (virtually no signal all the way there), visited the gym there and went to train there but found I had no idea how combat worked, there were no instructions, the signal was poor, the sun stopped me seeing the screen and I got defeated twice by a pokemon with half the CP.

On top of this its becoming obvious (at only level 6) that there are not enough pokeballs. Those who live/work in or near pokestops will be fine, but going out constantly for a handfull of balls is not practical for me. This is the first sign, for me, that they neither care about gameplay or what fans want from a pokemon game. The fact that you don't level your pokemon up in the same way shows that the whole game is designed around a pure money grab. For those that don't know, every single pokemon you catch right now is kind of pointless, as you as a player level up, the CP of the Pokemon you catch increases, therefore spending stardust on them now is a complete waste as you'll end up catching pokemon with much higher starting CP. So there is no 'training' element, no reason to become attached to particular pokemon - you're literally catching every single one you see to get resources to eventually power up and evolve an ultimate version of that pokemon sometime in the future. Of course, their plan is you spend all the resources now and have to give them real money for more.

So after 2 days, I uninstalled it and walked home - at least the sun is out.

My prediction is that as people level up and no longer get free stuff as regularly and realise they either need to farm pokestops or pay money, they will stop playing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JMEisjames
Wheres the best place in london to catch pokemon

In parks.....like burgess park, southark park, or busy places like leicester square

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest