The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxbridge postgrad entry? 2:2 BA Hons current MSc bus economics at brookes and

Hi, I got 2:2 in BA Hons Business Management London South Bank UniStarting MSc business economics at Oxford brookes sept 16 - 17Can anyone advise me on how I can get into Oxford or Cambridge please??? Onto a postgrad course or other course at camb or oxf ??Don't take the Micky out of meThanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Mannsurname
Hi, I got 2:2 in BA Hons Business Management London South Bank UniStarting MSc business economics at Oxford brookes sept 16 - 17Can anyone advise me on how I can get into Oxford or Cambridge please??? Onto a postgrad course or other course at camb or oxf ??Don't take the Micky out of meThanks in advance

Any kind of Oxbridge business-related curse will be heavily over-subscribed,so a 2:2 certainly won't cut it. Even if you ace a Masters at Oxford Brookes, that's still not going to make you competitive for Oxbridge entry on its own.

Your best bet is to get into a professional role as soon s possible after completing your first Masters and get a few years of serious business experience behind you, working into management. At that point, you can look at another Masters - maybe an MBA. You may even find an employer willing to sponsor you.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
It sounds like you're only wanting to go there because of the name, which is a bad idea. As above, go get a job after the MSc and think about an MBA once you've got a few years' experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending