The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme or all the questions from the paper? I desperately need it! I would be extremely grateful! Thank you so much!!!!
MCQ Mark Scheme:
A
A
C
B
B
C
A
C
B
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme or the questions from the paper? I desperately need it! I would be extremely grateful! Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 723
Anyone got 2016 actual paper and markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2016 paper / mark scheme would be fantastic right about now...
Reply 725
Anybody got a copy of the second paper? Would be immensely useful?
Hey does anyone know where I can find a copy of the papers we sat? or the unoffical mark schemes? I can't seem to find anything and I still want to compare my answers lol
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be? Keep in mind that it's a new spec, there was a mistake on paper 2 and we don't have ISA coursework like the previous years did.. As well as that the 2016 papers seemed much harder than previous years
Original post by Amar Chana
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be? Keep in mind that it's a new spec, there was a mistake on paper 2 and we don't have ISA coursework like the previous years did.. As well as that the 2016 papers seemed much harder than previous years

Paper 1- standard to high. It was a nice paper tbh. I messed up a little in the materials and electricity but it was ok.Paper 2- I did **** in it so I hope the boundaries are lenient for that but I doubt it.
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Paper 1- standard to high. It was a nice paper tbh. I messed up a little in the materials and electricity but it was ok.Paper 2- I did **** in it so I hope the boundaries are lenient for that but I doubt it.

Yeah I agree paper 1 was decent I still messed up on it somehow, paper 2 was god awful however don't get too upset I feel as if they're bound to reduce grade boundaries significantly as we don't have ISAs anymore which in previous years was 25% of the final AS grade.

Someone on here previously mentioned that the Physics B grade boundaries last year were really low : 43/70 for an A, and 33/70 for an A. I guess this shows how low AQA can go. Best of luck though
Yeah I agree paper 1 was decent I still messed up on it somehow, paper 2 was god awful however don't get too upset I feel as if they're bound to reduce grade boundaries significantly as we don't have ISAs anymore which in previous years was 25% of the final AS grade.

Someone on here previously mentioned that the Physics B grade boundaries last year were really low : 43/70 for an A, and 33/70 for an A. I guess this shows how low AQA can go. Best of luck though

Good luck to you too.

BS show me a link that the boundaries were that low, 33/70 ? no WAYYY!
Original post by jbman690
BS show me a link that the boundaries were that low, 33/70 ? no WAYYY!

fa8f09069ab09a7879e352cab70b9d66.pngBottom of this page
fa8f09069ab09a7879e352cab70b9d66.pngBottom of this
page

That is Physics B which is very different to Physics A which many used as their 'past papers'
oh god, this years' grade boundaries are higher than expected...
Original post by 123chem
oh god, this years' grade boundaries are higher than expected...

much higher 45 out of 69 , should be 41 42 max
Reply 736
AQA is having a laugh with that paper 2 grade boundary!
Omg...is aqa dumb !?!??!!!?!!??!!?!?!? 45 on paper 2, are you mad ?!?!?!?!!?
I think they might give us a grace mark, as on grade boundaries it said it was out of 70. But oh well, still way higher than last years', and seeing how difficult the paper was, RIP Physics.
What did you all get ?

Quick Reply

Latest