The Student Room Group

Help. I can't find a prom dress and its in 2 days time!!

Always dreamed of prom!! Now I cant find a dress!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I wish I could give you a hug right now :frown:
What I think you need to do is choose a dress that you really love the look of, regardless of how you think it looks on you (unless it doesn't fit), as this sounds like your inner critic tearing you down and saying you'll look terrible rather than the beautiful person in a beautiful dress that the rest of the world will see. If you pick a dress that you think looks really beautiful instead of focusing on the negatives that you may see when it's on you it'll mean that you'll look amazing to prom to everyone else because I'm sure you've got amazing taste. Also, taking someone with you when shopping could help massively as they could encourage you to try something you're not so sure on and raise your self esteem in general :smile:
Hope this helps (and made sense), sending lots of virtual love xx
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! It helped loads. I guess we will have to wait and see- I'm going shopping tomorrow. I've texted my friends but they are doing NCS so they can't help atm.
Virtual love x2
(edited 7 years ago)
Glad to help :smile:
I getcha with the low esteem, there's so much about myself that I would change if I could, but I suppose we're lumped with our lot and have to suck it :biggrin:. I'm sure you're much prettier than you believe (to use the cliche: you're your own worst critic), and you seem like a lovely person regardless :kiss:
How did your prom go (I assume it was last night)? Did you manage to find a dress?
Reply 5
Original post by meemily
How did your prom go (I assume it was last night)? Did you manage to find a dress?

Sorry for butting in here meemily but wanted to say you seem like such a sweetheart!

OP, how did it go?! Hope you had a lovely time :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by meemily

Original post by celloel
Sorry for butting in here meemily but wanted to say you seem like such a sweetheart!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It went great!!! I had so much fun! Everybody liked my dress (so I was literally stressing over nothing!) :biggrin:
Thanks for all your help- I couldn't have done it I without your kinds words. I danced like nobody was watching and I had a blast. :smile:
Xx
Original post by Hanah_2000
Posted from TSR Mobile

It went great!!! I had so much fun! Everybody liked my dress (so I was literally stressing over nothing!) :biggrin:
Thanks for all your help- I couldn't have done it I without your kinds words. I danced like nobody was watching and I had a blast. :smile:
Xx

Yayyy!! I'm over the moon now :biggrin:! I had my prom on friday as well, so I know how fun they can be, and I'm so happy you had a good time as well :h:
What was your dress like?
Original post by celloel

Aw thank you! You sound lovely too :h:
Reply 9
It was pink- and no one can go wrong wearing pink :tongue:
It was long at the back and short at the front.
What about yours?
Original post by Hanah_2000
It was pink- and no one can go wrong wearing pink :tongue:
It was long at the back and short at the front.
What about yours?

Oooh that sounds pretty :love:

Mine was long and navy blue, with lace over the top part and lacy three quarter length sleeves (because everyone loves lace :biggrin:)
Reply 11
Ooooh that's sounds amazing!!! I bet you looked absolutely beautiful!
Everyone said that I looked really different- because I don't usually have my hair out and it was a really nice, fun time with all my friends.
Now we've got the rest of the summer to do whatever we want!!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply