The Student Room Group

Best cleanser for Dry skin?

Looking for something mild, but that can take sunscreen off because I have to slap SPF on or I go pink :colondollar:
Skia Renaissance Cleansing Gel
Original post by JeremyHunt
Looking for something mild, but that can take sunscreen off because I have to slap SPF on or I go pink :colondollar:

Hi

I would actually recommend adjusting your routine slightly and doing a “double cleanse”. This is because a cleansing gel will not remove all of your sunscreen effectively due to the slightly greasy nature of the sunscreen.The first cleanse would using a "pre-cleanser" to remove makeup and sunscreen etc. The second cleanse involves a thorough massage of a cleansing gel, cleansing milk or cleansing lotion into the skin and then rinsing with fresh water.

Cleansers which have a high PH (i.e. they are very alkaline) tend to be very drying on the skin. Many foaming cleansers tend to have a high pH. This can lead to a build up of bacteria on the skin and therefore result in spots. So, in summary you should use a PH balanced cleanser.

Cleansing is by far the most important step of your routine as it can influence the performance of other products that are subsequently applied to the skin.

There are some pH balanced cleansers e.g. Johnson and Johnsons available in your average high street chemists. Alternatively I can make a specific product recommendation.

Happy to clarify anything further.

Liz

Quick Reply

Latest