The Student Room Group

Dumped out of the blue, help

My boyfriend and I had our ups and downs like any relationship, recently we fell out and he got quite mad and decided to end things. The same night he apologised for being mad and said he's coming to get me because he loves me and he can't let me feel this way. I stayed round and he reassured me his feelings for me haven't changed and that I am everything to him.

Two days after I asked him whether he definitely wants a relationship with me or if he'd rather be a single lad going out and being able to meet girls. He said he didn't know, by the end of the night he decided he did want that.

I feel a bit mugged off that he hasn't brought that up himself and it seems like he was stringing me along. He's said that's it for him and that he's done with the relationship and went to visit his friend at uni. He deleted me everywhere and said he needs space to move on and that he's done. He's going out loads and making it clear that he's taking an interest in other girls to rub it in my face.

I still want him so badly and I'm hoping that he'll realise he made the wrong choice and he'll come back. We were completely fine and he was making endless plans to propose next year and we were meant to be living together from September. Now the sudden change and I feel so lost as to what to do.

He's done it before where he said how he's certain he's dumping me but ended up coming back, but this feels real and I feel so silly that it took him a day to forget all his feelings and to cut me off so easily :/
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I had our ups and downs like any relationship, recently we fell out and he got quite mad and decided to end things. The same night he apologised for being mad and said he's coming to get me because he loves me and he can't let me feel this way. I stayed round and he reassured me his feelings for me haven't changed and that I am everything to him.

Two days after I asked him whether he definitely wants a relationship with me or if he'd rather be a single lad going out and being able to meet girls. He said he didn't know, by the end of the night he decided he did want that.

I feel a bit mugged off that he hasn't brought that up himself and it seems like he was stringing me along. He's said that's it for him and that he's done with the relationship and went to visit his friend at uni. He deleted me everywhere and said he needs space to move on and that he's done. He's going out loads and making it clear that he's taking an interest in other girls to rub it in my face.

I still want him so badly and I'm hoping that he'll realise he made the wrong choice and he'll come back. We were completely fine and he was making endless plans to propose next year and we were meant to be living together from September. Now the sudden change and I feel so lost as to what to do.

He's done it before where he said how he's certain he's dumping me but ended up coming back, but this feels real and I feel so silly that it took him a day to forget all his feelings and to cut me off so easily :/

I know the feeling, my last girl pretty much dumped me out of the blue on boxing day by text. The best thing to do is block him out and live your life, one day he will probably realise what he has lost but hopefully by then you would have found someone better which is what you deserve.
Sometimes people have U turns and causes random surprises...
Reply 3
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sucks. How can we help?

Do I keep fighting for it? He messaged me saying he loves me but he's done (I've heard it before endless times) I love him beyond words despite what happened and I feel like I can't allow it to just end like that. I'm stuck whether he meant what he said to me about marrying me and moving in with me etc or if it was all a load of crap. I'm stuck whether I should give him some space and see if he comes back, or if I should be persistent and fight for it back:frown: I just don't want to think that it could end for good
Just do that you feel. When you will feel like break away from this cycle you will get out of it. Until then please do not be too hard on yourself..
what was his reason for coming back when he first dumped you?

and did he ask/beg fr you back or was it you who tried to get him back then?
Reply 6
Original post by abcde3237
what was his reason for coming back when he first dumped you?

and did he ask/beg fr you back or was it you who tried to get him back then?

No he came back and he said he loved me and wanted me more than anything.. But since then he's just been going out, following girls on every social media and telling me not to wait for him cos he's done. I've stopped replying to him for now and I can't do anything without breaking down and crying :/
Girl .. 'the message is on the wall'
Let it go .. call up some friends ... go out.. and move on ~
Completely upgrade your life, like a make-over.

-Join the gym, go regularly and get that fat ass
-Get good with make up, seriously good like +3 from what your looks already were
-Eliminate any skin blemishes through eating clean, getting fresh air
-Git gud at promoting yourself, like marketing with social media accounts, picks of you doing cool stuff, getting attention from top guys

It is up to you to ensure you end up with a man who is richer, more handsome, more fun and has a bigger dick than the kid who dumped you. You have to not just win, but trash the **** out of him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

-Get good with make up, seriously good like +3 from what your looks already were
-Git gud at promoting yourself, like marketing with social media accounts, picks of you doing cool stuff, getting attention from top guys

It is up to you to ensure you end up with a man who is richer, more handsome, more fun and has a bigger dick than the kid who dumped you. You have to not just win, but trash the **** out of him.

Please say this is a troll. Not even talking about the last bit but the first 4 words.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

That seems quite sad lol. Improve for yourself...Not to spite an ex. Lame af.
Immature. Just leave it and enjoy your life.
Original post by High Stakes
That seems quite sad lol. Improve for yourself...Not to spite an ex. Lame af.

The usual hand-wringing and lamentations of how he wasn't worth it, does absolutely nothing to help her

OP is in pain and pain is good because it provides you with energy to do stuff
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending