The Student Room Group

Help me decide which AS to continue

I've done Computer Science and Chemistry, each for a year. I am unsure which to carry on to the Full ALevel. I Know Computer Science gives me better job opportunities and I'd say I find it more interesting, but I'm not great at Programming, and Next year is 100% programming. Chemistry I can probably get a OK grade in, but I find it boring. Any opinions would be great! Thanks
Are you planning to go to university? Do you take any other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adesola15
Are you planning to go to university? Do you take any other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i take Maths and Further Maths, both of which i am good at. Just really unsure on this as i love to get into a good uni but a bad decision could really impact on my chances.
Do you know what university course you want to study yet? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Do you know what university course you want to study yet? :smile:

Either Pure or Applied Mathematics. Both of the options are fairly helpful. So kind of just aiming for the best grade i can get which is probably chemistry
Chemistry is much more useful.
Original post by isaacmstephens
Either Pure or Applied Mathematics. Both of the options are fairly helpful. So kind of just aiming for the best grade i can get which is probably chemistry

Chemistry would probably be better then if you feel you could get a higher grade in it :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Chemistry would probably be better then if you feel you could get a higher grade in it :smile:

Thanks for the advice. Think i will go with chemistry 😀
Original post by isaacmstephens
Thanks for the advice. Think i will go with chemistry 😀

No problem! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest