The Student Room Group

How do I recover from being manupulated?😭

I liked this girl for 2 and half years, until at prom one of my so called friends stole her from me and told me sorry .The next day he told me he told me he didn't ask her out and suggested I ask her best friend .So I did she said they are and there cute together .I told him what her best friend said and he said he didn't remember anything from prom. Yesterday he said this, I was gonna ask her out the day after prom .You ruined the surprise 😄. Everything happens for a reason. I feel awful I put you through this but maybe it happened for a reason. I feel so manipulated and broken help me 😭💔😞 . How can I recover from this? This was all through Facebook. Now he want to add me and snapchat and instragram
Original post by Anonymous
I liked this girl for 2 and half years, until at prom one of my so called friends stole her from me and told me sorry .The next day he told me he told me he didn't ask her out and suggested I ask her best friend .So I did she said they are and there cute together .I told him what her best friend said and he said he didn't remember anything from prom. Yesterday he said this, I was gonna ask her out the day after prom .You ruined the surprise 😄. Everything happens for a reason. I feel awful I put you through this but maybe it happened for a reason. I feel so manipulated and broken help me 😭💔😞 . How can I recover from this? This was all through Facebook. Now he want to add me and snapchat and instragram

It's only a girl and remember you waited 2 and a half years so it's your own fault.
Your friend could not control himself but he only did what any man /boy would do
But he got there first because you waited too long. Just wait and see how long it lasts, maybe they will split up then you can have a go but you would need to tell him first so it does not ruin your friendship
If 2 friends like the same person they should have a discussion about it so they don't end up falling out about it but nobody should ever wait as long as you have or even worse not ask someone else out just because another friend liked them too because then your both missing out.
You should try to forgive him because it's only human nature what he did and it's not the same as going behind your back and dating a girl you were actually going out with and you were not in a relationship with her when he did it
I'm sure It feels like a betrayal but eventually you will get over it.
Ask your friend if she has a sister, no i'm joking but are'nt there any other girls you like ? If so don't wait so long to ask them out and you don't have to wait til prom to do it. Just pluck up the courage and ask them out straight away
Let him add you on snapchat & instagram
Reply 2
These situation certainly put a strain and even break friendships. I don't think it's reasonable to block him if you're not making a move. And I suspect most guys would go for the girl in this situation. If you feel it's betrayal then end the friendship and look for a plan B.
Reply 3
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks, I agree with you. However I've decided to end the friendship because me and him have had bad history seen year 7 to year 10 mostly fights and arguements. This type the way he used and lied to me was not very nice .Plus he wasn't one of close. My plan b is to move on from this is by enjoying my holidays by going out often, football training, hanging out with my real friends, preparing for uni, part time job and the gym. And yeah I accept the blame . I got to stop being shy with girls .This is sixth time I've been rejected since year 7.
I can understand how you're feeling. Im a girl, in year 11 so presumably same age as you if you've just had prom. Rejection hurts, especially if it's done again and again and if you make improvements to make each time better and decrease chances of rejection, like talking to the girl more, asking out differently etc. It feels like all efforts gone to waste right. Especially as you've waited so long for this particular girl only to have her taken by another guy.

You have to remember that at 16, you don't have to have someone. Society teaches us that falling in love is a means to an end, like love is the final destination in our lives. The disappointment comes from the thought that because these girls have said no, you won't get that final resolution ever. You will. At 16 you haven't fully developed mentally. You might feel old and like you have to have everything perfected but we're all still children. There's 20 year olds, 30 year olds who don't have their lives sorted. You can still be single and function happily.

I went through year 10 feeling terrible because nobody seemed to want to love me. I fixed this by telling myself just how young I am and just how I don't have to have this all sorted now. Once I relaxed and settled into life accepting no guy loves me, I suddenly came out having two of the bestest guy friends I could have because I had accepted that nobody at 16 is ready to date, and so I had begun to see the bigger picture. And so what if they don't want to kiss me? They love me for who I am, and that's all I ever wanted.
Reply 5
you lost your chance. move on.
Reply 6
Original post by xEmilyxx
I can understand how you're feeling. Im a girl, in year 11 so presumably same age as you if you've just had prom. Rejection hurts, especially if it's done again and again and if you make improvements to make each time better and decrease chances of rejection, like talking to the girl more, asking out differently etc. It feels like all efforts gone to waste right. Especially as you've waited so long for this particular girl only to have her taken by another guy.

You have to remember that at 16, you don't have to have someone. Society teaches us that falling in love is a means to an end, like love is the final destination in our lives. The disappointment comes from the thought that because these girls have said no, you won't get that final resolution ever. You will. At 16 you haven't fully developed mentally. You might feel old and like you have to have everything perfected but we're all still children. There's 20 year olds, 30 year olds who don't have their lives sorted. You can still be single and function happily.

I went through year 10 feeling terrible because nobody seemed to want to love me. I fixed this by telling myself just how young I am and just how I don't have to have this all sorted now. Once I relaxed and settled into life accepting no guy loves me, I suddenly came out having two of the bestest guy friends I could have because I had accepted that nobody at 16 is ready to date, and so I had begun to see the bigger picture. And so what if they don't want to kiss me? They love me for who I am, and that's all I ever wanted.

Thanks, actually I finished sixth form and starting uni soon
Reply 7
Original post by mrahim
you lost your chance. move on.

I agree
Thanks, actually I finished sixth form and starting uni soon

Sixth form proms? That's a new concept for me. Not heard of them before. Regardless, hope you can take something from that.
Manipulated? Sounds like you didn't make a move to me.
Tbh if you don't make a move on a girl after a few weeks, you should move on. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that you're really hurting and angry about this situation and that is very understandable. Where you might not have future with this girl you will find another girl - really!
My cousin had a very similar scenario. He didn't date much in high school but went to uni and in his third finally got his first girlfriend. They dated about 6 months and she unexpectedly broke up with him.......to date his roommate and best friend!! He didn't date anyone for about 3 years after that - tbh, but, he met a great, and much prettier, girl at his work! Long story, they're married and their son is about to turn 2. Guess he's glad that first girl didn't work out (now). His wife is so great and they have a precious son together and he's really happy. Just give it time and you'll get past this....it just sucks now.
tell your so called friend to **** off
Original post by xEmilyxx
Sixth form proms? That's a new concept for me. Not heard of them before. Regardless, hope you can take something from that.

Yeah I got something from it. Thanks again
Original post by Hopefully1
I know that you're really hurting and angry about this situation and that is very understandable. Where you might not have future with this girl you will find another girl - really!
My cousin had a very similar scenario. He didn't date much in high school but went to uni and in his third finally got his first girlfriend. They dated about 6 months and she unexpectedly broke up with him.......to date his roommate and best friend!! He didn't date anyone for about 3 years after that - tbh, but, he met a great, and much prettier, girl at his work! Long story, they're married and their son is about to turn 2. Guess he's glad that first girl didn't work out (now). His wife is so great and they have a precious son together and he's really happy. Just give it time and you'll get past this....it just sucks now.

Aww nice story about your cousin 😊. Thanks for the advice. I'm beginning to move on from what happened to me and feel better.
This was 2 years ago but you’re probably over it now you was like 16 get a grip 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending