The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al-farhan
I don't think it is a victory for erdogan.
It is a victory for the Turkish people, they all came out. Regardless of their differences and beliefs.
Their chant through the night:
Yaa Allah, bismillah, Allahu Akbar

Never knew this was a popular chant in Turkey.

:yy:
Original post by The Epicurean

We have not denied access to the ISOC to any Muslim just because we did not expand the already lengthy OP. Get over yourself and stop trying to hijack the ISOC - it operates fine as it is.

--

(18:54) And We have certainly diversified in this Qur'an for the people from every [kind of] example; but man has ever been, most of anything, [prone to] dispute.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
.... Get over yourself and stop trying to hijack the ISOC - it operates fine as it is...

Although I am not really too fussed about this OP argument, I must however say, this isn't the manner in which one should speak with others.

The irony being, an Islamic thread is meant to benefiting all (spiritually); it certainly shouldn't contain such comments.

My advice to remember when God ordered Prophet Musa to speak gently even with Firawn:
"And speak to him with gentle speech that perhaps he may be reminded or fear [ Allah ]."Quran 20:44
Original post by Zamestaneh
JazakAllahu Khairan for the naseeha; "O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination" (66:9) - I am soft in speech when I need to be, and I am firm when I need to be - and a user trying to sow discord in the Islamic community (and in other posts on TSR corrupting Islam itself) is not someone I will respond softly too. Respectfully, the fitnah of Fira'un faced by Musa (AS) is different to the fitnah faced from the hypocrites and disbelievers of Muhammad (SAW), therefore I justify my approach to Epicurean.

I can see your point, however in my opinion, there's a difference between being firm and being rude, the latter is my issue.

I'm sure you would agree here, none of the hypocrites of the Prophet's time claimed to be God himself ,like Firawn did (thus Firawn was worse)

My contention is, even with Firawn (an enemy of God), Allah still ordered Prophet Musa to speak gently to him, even though Firawn committed the worst possible sin.

It's almost impossible to find someone worse than Firawn in today's society; and thus this is reminder to speak gently to all.

My Allah guide us all.
Original post by mil88
I can see your point, however in my opinion, there's a difference between being firm and being rude, the latter is my issue.

I'm sure you would agree here, none of the hypocrites of the Prophet's time claimed to be God himself ,like Firawn did (thus Firawn was worse)

My contention is, even with Firawn (an enemy of God), Allah still ordered Prophet Musa to speak gently to him, even though Firawn committed the worst possible sin.

It's almost impossible to find someone worse than Firawn in today's society; and thus this is reminder to speak gently to all.

My Allah guide us all.

I take your advice with consideration, but still Islamically there are times when it is permissible to be rude to people for things even lesser than Shirk -

It was narrated from Ubayy (RA) that a man boasted of his tribal lineage, and Ubayy told him to bite his father’s male member, and they said: You were never given to obscene speech! He said: We were instructed to do that. (Al-Albani: Sahih)

In this hadith, one was guilty of arrogance and thus ascribed himself to the people of Jahiliyyah, and therefore harsh tongue was permissible against him as a reproach.
Although I will not be as crude, I will, when necessary, not be shy to rudely redress a person transgressing in ways like the user in question.

Again, BarakAllahu feek for your naseeha, and Ameen.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Nice sunny day today.

It was too hot today in Bham, not nice. :nope:
Original post by Leukocyte
It was too hot today in Bham, not nice. :nope:

I preferred it today. It's been quite cloudy in the past month or so but today I got the clear blue sky that I need and want.

Inna lillahi wa inna alayhi raijoon
"One of the signs of weak Īmān, or its absence, is not feeling the pain of the ‪‎Muslims‬. Just like a person not feeling the pain of his own kind (human beings) is a weakness in his humanity, similarly the believer not feeling the pain of his own kind is a weakness in his Īmān."

من علامة ضعف الإيمان أو زواله عدم التألم لآلام المسلمين، فكما أن عدم تألم الإنسان لجنسه ضعف في إنسانيته فعدم تألم المؤمن لجنسه ضعف في إيمانه

- Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Tarafe
Reply 149

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. :frown:
Reply 150
حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ بْنُ أَبِي إِيَاسٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدٌ الْمَقْبُرِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ مَنْ كَانَتْ لَهُ مَظْلَمَةٌ لأَحَدٍ مِنْ عِرْضِهِ أَوْ شَىْءٍ فَلْيَتَحَلَّلْهُ مِنْهُ الْيَوْمَ، قَبْلَ أَنْ لاَ يَكُونَ دِينَارٌ وَلاَ دِرْهَمٌ، إِنْ كَانَ لَهُ عَمَلٌ صَالِحٌ أُخِذَ مِنْهُ بِقَدْرِ مَظْلَمَتِهِ، وَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ لَهُ حَسَنَاتٌ أُخِذَ مِنْ سَيِّئَاتِ صَاحِبِهِ فَحُمِلَ عَلَيْهِ ‏"
‏‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ قَالَ إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ أَبِي أُوَيْسٍ إِنَّمَا سُمِّيَ الْمَقْبُرِيَّ لأَنَّهُ كَانَ نَزَلَ نَاحِيَةَ الْمَقَابِرِ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ وَسَعِيدٌ الْمَقْبُرِيُّ هُوَ مَوْلَى بَنِي لَيْثٍ، وَهُوَ سَعِيدُ بْنُ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ، وَاسْمُ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ كَيْسَانُ‏.‏

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever has oppressed another person concerning his reputation or anything else, he should beg him to forgive him before the Day of Resurrection when there will be no money (to compensate for wrong deeds), but if he has good deeds, those good deeds will be taken from him according to his oppression which he has done, and if he has no good deeds, the sins of the oppressed person will be loaded on him."

Sahih Bukhari
(Oppressions)
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2449
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 10
Reply 151
حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا هَمَّامٌ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي قَتَادَةُ، عَنْ صَفْوَانَ بْنِ مُحْرِزٍ الْمَازِنِيِّ، قَالَ بَيْنَمَا أَنَا أَمْشِي، مَعَ ابْنِ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ آخِذٌ بِيَدِهِ إِذْ عَرَضَ رَجُلٌ، فَقَالَ كَيْفَ سَمِعْتَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي النَّجْوَى فَقَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏"‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُدْنِي الْمُؤْمِنَ فَيَضَعُ عَلَيْهِ كَنَفَهُ، وَيَسْتُرُهُ فَيَقُولُ أَتَعْرِفُ ذَنْبَ كَذَا أَتَعْرِفُ ذَنْبَ كَذَا فَيَقُولُ نَعَمْ أَىْ رَبِّ‏.‏ حَتَّى إِذَا قَرَّرَهُ بِذُنُوبِهِ وَرَأَى فِي نَفْسِهِ أَنَّهُ هَلَكَ قَالَ سَتَرْتُهَا عَلَيْكَ فِي الدُّنْيَا، وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُهَا لَكَ الْيَوْمَ‏.‏ فَيُعْطَى كِتَابَ حَسَنَاتِهِ، وَأَمَّا الْكَافِرُ وَالْمُنَافِقُونَ فَيَقُولُ الأَشْهَادُ هَؤُلاَءِ الَّذِينَ كَذَبُوا عَلَى رَبِّهِمْ، أَلاَ لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ ‏"
‏‏.‏
Narrated Safwan bin Muhriz Al-Mazini: While I was walking with Ibn `Umar holding his hand, a man came in front of us and asked, "What have you heard from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) about An-Najwa?" Ibn `Umar said, "I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, 'Allah will bring a believer near Him and shelter him with His Screen and ask him: Did you commit such-and-such sins? He will say: Yes, my Lord. Allah will keep on asking him till he will confess all his sins and will think that he is ruined. Allah will say: 'I did screen your sins in the world and I forgive them for you today', and then he will be given the book of his good deeds. Regarding infidels and hypocrites (their evil acts will be exposed publicly) and the witnesses will say: These are the people who lied against their Lord. Behold! The Curse of Allah is upon the wrongdoers." (11.18)

Sahih Bukhari
(Oppressions)
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2441
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 2
Reply 152
I am happy for Turkey. May Allah protect it from any upcoming evil. Ameen.
Original post by h333

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually worried for the perpetrators,that Erdogan might execute them and use this opportunity to solidify his grip on the country.
I don't support the coup but I'm not a big fan of Erdogan.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually worried for the perpetrators,that Erdogan might execute them and use this opportunity to solidify his grip on the country.
I don't support the coup but I'm not a big fan of Erdogan.

I hope he uses this as an opportunity to unite the people and not create an even bigger internal strife.
Original post by h333

Ameen.

There seem to be many hypocrites and anti-Islam people that are disappointed online.
'Umar bin Al-Khattab narrated that the Prophet said:

"Shall I not inform you of the best of your leaders and the worst of them: The best of them are those whom you love and they love you, you supplicate for them, and they supplicate for you.

And the evilest of your leaders are those who hate you, and you hate them, and they curse you and you curse them."

Jami at Tirmidhi (2264)
I need to work on a few of these.

[video="youtube;oWhKls0QPUY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhKls0QPUY[/video]
[video="youtube;xyPPTUPpFWw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPPTUPpFWw[/video]
K13br0zn50Q

Beautiful recitation :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending