The Student Room Group

Best AQA A-Level Biology Textbook

Hi guys.. I am starting my first year studies for the AQA Biology A level course in September- I was wondering what the most detailed/best textbook for year 1 would be for someone aiming for a high grade.
Reply 1
Original post by scarlotta1134
Hi guys.. I am starting my first year studies for the AQA Biology A level course in September- I was wondering what the most detailed/best textbook for year 1 would be for someone aiming for a high grade.

All of them are equally the same, however you should get the official one (get the new one for the new syllabus) as well as a revision guide (which contains simplified notes for EVERY single topic for each AS unit).

I hardly ever used my textbook throughout A-levels (I didn't even bother with the A2 one), since it either has way too much unnecessary info; lacks depth and detail; too confusing. So I pretty much had stuck to online notes and powerpoints.

Save these website, as they will be EXTREMELY useful when it comes to revision:
Physics and Maths Tutor (despite the name, it contains many materials for a wide range of subjects)
A Level Biology
Also type in on google 'AQA AS Level Biology Unit 1 notes.pdf' (or unit 2-5) and the first few results are summarised detailed notes (I had used them and they are much better than textbook in my opinion).

Quick Reply

Latest