The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

I downloaded it just now and it won't work! :frown: I really wanted to try it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 601
Original post by GothicShield
Before i go look for pokemon, I force stop all the running apps i dont need running like youtube, chrome, maps, tsr lol and other apps i wont be using

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i do that too. i'm permanently on power saving mode and the minimum brightness i can handle. my battery life is just terrible lol
I didn't even walk outside and I caught charmander !
I'm back online, but its awful slow and rubbish at the moment lol!

My poor character can't seem to locate me and is walking off down my road :colonhash:, I would worry but yaknow, I've got eggs that her confusion is helping me to hatch. She's done over 300m of walking so far while I've been sat on my sofa :tongue:
Original post by saraxh
I didn't even walk outside and I caught charmander !

They give you a starter pokemon to catch...
Original post by 34908seikj
They give you a starter pokemon to catch...

:facepalm::vroam:

Spoiler

Servers are BACK up.
They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.
Original post by CyberJake
Servers are BACK up.
They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.

Not workin for me, im using my trainer account, it keeps saying unable to authenticate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CyberJake
Servers are BACK up.They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.

Still not showing in Google Play... :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
So annoyed they were down while I was in London today. I would have gotten lots of stuff from the Pokestops!

I'm back up north at my parents' house now, and there's nothing in a 10 minute radius. :frown:

Apparently it's not compatible with my device, and a quick Google search reveals that it is indeed not compatible with the S5 Mini - it seems that it doesn't have enough RAM (Pokemon Go needs 2GB; the S5 Mini has 1.5GB).

How frustrating! :angry:
Original post by rayquaza17
So annoyed they were down while I was in London today. I would have gotten lots of stuff from the Pokestops!

I'm back up north at my parents' house now, and there's nothing in a 10 minute radius. :frown:

I live pretty close to a uni a accommodation and campus and there's like 5 pokestops in there. I'm too scared to wonder in though :biggrin:

:frown: still can't get on
It won't log my pokemon trainer account on
:frown:
:frown:
I live pretty close to a uni a accommodation and campus and there's like 5 pokestops in there. I'm too scared to wonder in though :biggrin:

Haha I would just go for it! Most Pokestops I've been to this week have had other people walking around on their phones obviously playing too!
Original post by rayquaza17
Haha I would just go for it! Most Pokestops I've been to this week have had other people walking around on their phones obviously playing too!

I have quite a few other Pokestops near me, I've been hitting them at around 11pm when nobody is around. Easy. I can't do that with the Pokestops in the university since apparently students don't sleep... :frown:
I have quite a few other Pokestops near me, I've been hitting them at around 11pm when nobody is around. Easy. I can't do that with the Pokestops in the university since apparently students don't sleep... :frown:

So why do you have to do it when there is nobody else around, I sense shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
So why do you have to do it when there is nobody else around, I sense shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shame? No. Anxiety? Yes.
Original post by GothicShield
Yay its working!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, how'd you get ones with such high CP. The highest I've seen at a gym was 1000+ and my highest is 236... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest