The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
Love it when I'm left when I need people the most.

Original post by Spock's Socks
Another night, another nightmare :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can totally relate :redface:
Hope you both feel better soon x

--------
Feel like everything is going wrong atm tbh :redface:

~Anon 1
Saw my therapist for the first time today in a while as she's been off sick. I don't feel comfortable talking to her and don't feel like she 'gets' me if that makes sense. I get myself so worked up because I'm anxious about the sessions and don't really feel like it's going to help me at all. How do i say I don't want to see you anymore without being rude/making her feel like she's doing a bad job?
Original post by Anon #2
Saw my therapist for the first time today in a while as she's been off sick. I don't feel comfortable talking to her and don't feel like she 'gets' me if that makes sense. I get myself so worked up because I'm anxious about the sessions and don't really feel like it's going to help me at all. How do i say I don't want to see you anymore without being rude/making her feel like she's doing a bad job?

I'm sure this sort of thing is quite common. I'd say you should just be honest that you're anxious and not sure if it's helping, and see how she reacts to that first, and IF nothing changes/ she still doesn't seem to 'get' you then it will seem less abrupt to ask for someone else ... after another session or two? :smile: At least you would be on the same page that way
Passed my first year at uni! :biggrin:

Thank you to everyone on here who has supported and helped me when I have needed it most, I couldn't have done it without you.

There was a time when I never thought I would go back to uni and succeed but I have managed it so thank you guys! :lovehug:
Hate my head rn.
Hate the dreams and the thoughts and i'm still so dizzy and spaced out even though i've been taking all the medication for it so idk what to do if it doesn't go away lol.

~Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hate my head rn.
Hate the dreams and the thoughts and i'm still so dizzy and spaced out even though i've been taking all the medication for it so idk what to do if it doesn't go away lol.

~Anon 1

Sorry you're feeling bad atm :hugs:
Feel like this too apart from the meds aspect I'm not on any, but me and my head are not friends at all alright now :frown:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Sorry you're feeling bad atm :hugs:
Feel like this too apart from the meds aspect I'm not on any, but me and my head are not friends at all alright now :frown:

Thank you lovely :hugs:
Hope you feel better soon as well x

~Anon 1
Thank you lovely :hugs:
Hope you feel better soon as well x

~Anon 1

Thanks and you :hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
Passed my first year at uni! :biggrin:

Thank you to everyone on here who has supported and helped me when I have needed it most, I couldn't have done it without you.

There was a time when I never thought I would go back to uni and succeed but I have managed it so thank you guys! :lovehug:

Proud of you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its been quite quiet on here for the last wee while, I hope that means most of us have been doing OK :smile:

Hugs to anyone who needs them and sleep well everyone :h: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Its been quite quiet on here for the last wee while, I hope that means most of us have been doing OK :smile:

Hugs to anyone who needs them and sleep well everyone :h: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It generally quietens down in here over holidays cos i think people go back home (the students) and get busy with family or go away and stuff.

Hope your doing ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
have to get in touch with care coordinator for esa evidence. i really dislike having to contact them because i feel like i am wasting their time as they are really busy people. insomnia is bad, voices are intense when i'm close to drifting off then they jolt me awake. plans to meet up with friends this week so will hopefullly help a bit
Feel really angry today. I've been feeling down all week as my contract in work is ending early and I'm worrying that'll never get something else. I've hardly seen my boyfriend as I'd been working evenings and he works days so only really get to see each other for an hour or so before bed (he's normally playing on his phone/tablet then so don't really get the chance to speak to him properly). He went to his hometown this weekend for his friend's birthday and he was going to return this afternoon; I was looking forward to spending some quality time with him and was planning to cook a meal. He rung me not long ago to tell me he got stupidly drunk last night and won't be coming home til tomorrow as he feels too hungover to travel (which means I won't see him again til tomorrow night). I''m not happy about it but at the same time I feel a bit silly for feeling that way. Sometimes I feel that he doesn't put the effort in anymore.
Yesterday was meant to have been a good day. Indeed I had an amazing time out and about for most of the day. But late in the evening I may have fallen for a scam. Really don't want to talk about it at all. My mood is better than I expected, even though it is sort of at the back of my mind. But it has convinced me that I need to change. I completely need to change my behaviour and improve my life.
Original post by Anon #2

It is rather normal to change therapist, because it is normal, that not everyone can work with anyone or that - even more common - the form of therapy isn't the right for you. Just talk about all your concerns, give honest feedback and it should be okay.

Hi everyone, I am new here and I need your help.
I am now 20 and having dropped school 4 years ago due to physical illness, I have been home-schooled for these years.
I think I may have a social anxiety disorder, and I am scared of meeting new classmates, having group discussions or presentations, so much so, that I gave up all my offers to universities (I am not in the UK), and I am going to the Open University / UOL International programme, just to avoid any kinds of contacts with others. (Just for an example: If I knew that I would have a presentation in 3 months (end of the term), I would start worrying about it as soon as I know it. I even start worrying now, since I know I will have a lot if I were to enter a "traditional" university.)
Psychologist's support/treatment is expensive in my country and I can't afford to spend almost 100 pounds for a 30 to 45-minute session. I don't know what I can do..., and I desperately need some advice.
Thank you everyone for reading this. I am sorry for my poor English as English is not my first language. Thank you...

Practise, practise, practise ... just do something you like, which has no consequences in case you fail and use that for practise. Of course not everything can be tackled by yourself, but that should help not becoming more anxiousness and show you over time in a steady pace, that you actually can feel comfortable around others, because one can get used to it and e.g. adapt patterns helping to get through. I just thought, maybe that helps, because you mentioned, that is also a bit, because you have been at home so much.
Hating my life.
i feel really alone.
Original post by Ezme39
Hating my life.

:jumphug:

Original post by Pathway
i feel really alone.

Check your WhatsApp :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So so tired and blahhh

Moved into my own place and its nice and all but i just feel lonely.
Still not registered at the drs mostly cos i cba to walk or get the bus but partly cos im working or going to work when im awake.

Im mistly enjoying work but just so bloody tired! Need to find a proper job :s-smilie: but dunno what i could do or want to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw my new psychiatrist last Monday. She immediately sectioned me. When I was in hospital I saw what she had used as justification; it was lies. I'm out now, but so scared that they've bugged my apartment while I was away. I do not feel at all safe here. :frown:

Latest