The Student Room Group

Conspiracy Club: 1st Edition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CorpusLuteum
Well yes. I guess theorists make links seeing as proof can be hard to gain in a political situation.

No, they just make **** up.
Original post by Drewski
No, they just make **** up.

Mkay.
Reply 22
This thread reminded me of one of my favourite quotes from Mad Men:

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent." - Don Draper
If you look at the world I struggle to comprehend how anyone can assume there's some all powerful group of elites pulling strings & controlling everything. The world & human nature is far to unpredictable & chaotic.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if governments kept discovery of extra-terrestrial life covered up as it'd cause panic even if they turned out to be friendly or non-threatening.
Original post by Tempest II
That said, it wouldn't surprise me if governments kept discovery of extra-terrestrial life covered up as it'd cause panic even if they turned out to be friendly or non-threatening.

Yeh I agree with this. It seems every now and then there'll be a "Traces of extra-terrestrial life found on Mars" and it'll just be some tiny bacteria or something like that. If NASA (or anyone else, like North Korea :lol:) actually had found intelligent life, it would probably be on a distant planet that would be impossible to get to.

Original post by Craig1998
Yeh I agree with this. It seems every now and then there'll be a "Traces of extra-terrestrial life found on Mars" and it'll just be some tiny bacteria or something like that. If NASA (or anyone else, like North Korea :lol:) actually had found intelligent life, it would probably be on a distant planet that would be impossible to get to.

Disagree, secrets on that scale are basically impossible to keep. The more people who know it, the vastly more likely it is for it to have leaked.

If it had happened, we'd know about it.
In on this. Can we please have skeptics kept OUT of this thread, and just let us tin-foil hat wearers talk in peace?

Yesterday, the 28 pages from the official 9/11 report that were originally hidden were released. These pages STRONGLY link Saudi Arabian government to funds that helped with the 9/11 attacks. Yet at the same time, the failed Turkish coup happened so that dominated the news. And guess what, the guy who supposedly fired up the coup is also linked to Saudi Arabia
Original post by richpanda
In on this. Can we please have skeptics kept OUT of this thread, and just let us tin-foil hat wearers talk in peace?

Yesterday, the 28 pages from the official 9/11 report that were originally hidden were released. These pages STRONGLY link Saudi Arabian government to funds that helped with the 9/11 attacks. Yet at the same time, the failed Turkish coup happened so that dominated the news. And guess what, the guy who supposedly fired up the coup is also linked to Saudi Arabia

Real eased but have they been leaked online?
Saudis Arabia are a bunch of terrotists.
I suspect this, however I don't have full proof, hence its a theory.

What do you mean by theory? I hope it is just some kind of paranoia and nothing to do with science.
Original post by Drewski
Disagree, secrets on that scale are basically impossible to keep. The more people who know it, the vastly more likely it is for it to have leaked.

If it had happened, we'd know about it.

Agreed which is why with extra-terrestrials there are individuals like a former Canadian Defence Minister who has says aliens are already here. I've got no idea if him & others who say this are correct but, as I mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't buy into the vast majority of conspiracy theories though.
Agreed which is why with extra-terrestrials there are individuals like a former Canadian Defence Minister who has says aliens are already here. I've got no idea if him & others who say this are correct but, as I mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't buy into the vast majority of conspiracy theories though.

I believe aliens are already here. There are some really convincing alien stories, from good, honest people.

Real eased but have they been leaked online?
Saudis Arabia are a bunch of terrotists.

Released. You can go and find them if you want.

Quick Reply

Latest