The Student Room Group

What are you studying for AS/ A levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TSRMatt
Hey, i'm in year 12 and will be applying for architecture this year! I study art, maths, history and product design (DT)! Depending on the university you want to go to, there will be specific subject requirements for A level. Some universities require maths for architecture whilst others require art/DT (Art is usually preferred over DT). Having said that, what you choose is up to you, however, I recommend you taking art because you will be able to gather parts of your portfolio in your art lessons and stuff.

Of course it is entirely up to you what you choose but above are just suggestions :smile:

I want to go UCL and I've checked out their courses. They don't require anything specific apart from A's as expected. I also checked out other universities including bath which said that math and physics was desirable hence the choice.

As for art....well i don't exactly want to spend years looking at why certain artists decided to use dots and circle :smile:

How is math and DT? Any fun and whats the difficulty?
bio, chem, maths and fm :h:
For AS:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths
Reply 23
Eng Lit
Psychology
Sociology
Eng Lang (Maybe)

I'm not sure what I want to do.
im 22 i dont do A levels its for kids
Reply 25
Original post by dcstudent999
For AS:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths

So basically science and maths :smile: What do you wanna become , or are u just leaving your options open for something in the science field?
Original post by Stormz1
So basically science and maths :smile: What do you wanna become , or are u just leaving your options open for something in the science field?

I would like to do chemical engineering or civil engineering
Original post by Stormz1
I want to go UCL and I've checked out their courses. They don't require anything specific apart from A's as expected. I also checked out other universities including bath which said that math and physics was desirable hence the choice.

As for art....well i don't exactly want to spend years looking at why certain artists decided to use dots and circle :smile:

How is math and DT? Any fun and whats the difficulty?

Hahaha, fair enough! Maths is fun! DT content isn't so much but the coursework is fun because you get to make your own product and stuff.

The average offer for UCL is AAB (Architecture) so not all A's.
I want to study Biology, Chemistry, French and Psychology at AS. I'm hoping to be a vet when I'm older - I've got a long road ahead but I'm determined to get there :smile:
I want to study Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology at AS. :h::h:
Reply 30
Original post by TSRMatt
Hahaha, fair enough! Maths is fun! DT content isn't so much but the coursework is fun because you get to make your own product and stuff..

Maths is fun, that's a good joke. Everyone i know that took maths said they suffered in college XD, including a cousin of mine who got a 1st class in UCL this year- honestly don't know why he continued maths, probably the only thing he was good at.

As for graphics and art, i guess i'll take them both up for my AS
(edited 6 years ago)
Chemistry, biology, history and philosophy and ethics.

Wanting to study Law at a top uni and eventually work at a "Magic Circle" or US law firm in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest