The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO AND FIND A BLOODY HOBBY AND STOP PLAYING A MEANINGLESS GAME.

Scroll to see replies

What makes people want to ruin other peoples fun?
Original post by Inexorably
Lmao someone's made a massive generalisation from 2 lines of text, you needa calm your knickers sweetie.

I don't read the daily mail and you have not even remotely challenged my comment. There have been so many people saying "omg thx to pokemon go i can now go out of the house and enjoy things xDD!" as if it was somehow impossible beforehand to do that. Requirng a game to get you outside the house is a ****ing disgrace on your lifestyle.

I didn't say you read the daily mail, I merely compared you to the usual people who comment on there. And it's ok, sweetie, most of them don't bother to read the articles either.

You do realise that many people who went outside before now spend even more time outside? I'm not sure where you live but some people live in places that are incredibly boring. At least the game is giving them more reason to stay outside than go inside to fix the boredom.

End of the day, you're not playing. You're not effected. if you're upset that people wouldn't come out with you before for play time but now everyone is roaming the streets, then it's probably your fault that nobody even considers spending time with you.
Original post by richpanda
yes but they're still staring at a screen

Meh, they're speaking to new people.
Lmao someone's made a massive generalisation from 2 lines of text, you needa calm your knickers sweetie.

I don't read the daily mail and you have not even remotely challenged my comment. There have been so many people saying "omg thx to pokemon go i can now go out of the house and enjoy things xDD!" as if it was somehow impossible beforehand to do that. Requirng a game to get you outside the house is a ****ing disgrace on your lifestyle.

Hey, if it's getting people out and about and active does the why matter if the result is the same?
Original post by wildleaves

It makes them feel better because they are about as interesting to spend time with as a magikarp.

Not having enough going on in their own lives. Even though I don't play the game, someone else playing it is affecting me in no way, shape or form so I couldn't give a ****, play it to your hearts content.
Original post by GreenHorseRoad
I didn't say you read the daily mail, I merely compared you to the usual people who comment on there. And it's ok, sweetie, most of them don't bother to read the articles either.

Awh it's cute to see your argument stoop so low as to arguing over technicalities, adorable :')

You do realise that many people who went outside before now spend even more time outside? I'm not sure where you live but some people live in places that are incredibly boring. At least the game is giving them more reason to stay outside than go inside to fix the boredom.

Yes I do realise as I live in a tiny village which is incredibly boring, but I don't need a ****ing game to get me out of the house. I already said in my first post that it's people choice and I'm not saying people going outside is a bad thing which is entirely how you're interpreting my post. I'm saying it's stupid that it takes a game to do that.

End of the day, you're not playing. You're not effected.

1) affected*
2) well done how observant.

if you're upset that people wouldn't come out with you before for play time but now everyone is roaming the streets, then it's probably your fault that nobody even considers spending time with you.

Omg look someone's still got their knickers in a twist again :'). Nice to see your assumptions keep on coming through.

Write back when you've actually got some decent line of argument as opposed to petty insults you dumbass.
Awh it's cute to see your argument stoop so low as to arguing over technicalities, adorable :':wink:

Yes I do realise as I live in a tiny village which is incredibly boring, but I don't need a ****ing game to get me out of the house. I already said in my first post that it's people choice and I'm not saying people going outside is a bad thing which is entirely how you're interpreting my post. I'm saying it's stupid that it takes a game to do that.

1) affected*

Omg look someone's still got their knickers in a twist again :':wink:. Nice to see your assumptions keep on coming through.

Write back when you've actually got some decent line of argument as opposed to petty insults you dumbass.

I think you're the only person in this thread getting their "knickers in a twist" .
Awh it's cute to see your argument stoop so low as to arguing over technicalities, adorable :':wink:

1) affected*

Omg look someone's still got their knickers in a twist again :':wink:. Nice to see your assumptions keep on coming through.

I'm glad you think I'm adorable. I can't say the same about you.

It doesn't take a game to do that. Most people who play Pokemon Go already went outside. The ones that emerged from the burrow for the first time are the ones who will go back inside when they get bored.

Anyway, what is the problem exactly. If people don't actually want to go outside but do want to go outside to play a game, you have a problem with them?
Original post by 99_Problems
Hey, if it's getting people out and about and active does the why matter if the result is the same?

Once again (lmao), I've not even said that I'm against the game, just that it's laughable that people needed a game to get outside the house. Moreover it doesn't achieve the same effect; you just stare at a ****ing screen which is definitely really good for you and the whole purpose of going outside -nod-
I think you're the only person in this thread getting their "knickers in a twist" .

Let's face it, nobody invited her to go find Pokemon with them. It's like the people who get angry when all their 'mates' organise to do things and 'forget' to invite them :wink:
[video="youtube;MLdWbwQJWI0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdWbwQJWI0[/video]

A load of people wanted a vaporeon.

Sweetie I'm not the one throwing shady comments or petty insults, so thanks for your input but next time why don't you think before you post? :smile:

I'm glad you think I'm adorable. I can't say the same about you.

Oh good golly how will my life continue :s-smilie:.

It doesn't take a game to do that. Most people who play Pokemon Go already went outside. The ones that emerged from the burrow for the first time are the ones who will go back inside when they get bored.

It takes a game to get people outside /more often/ which is just as bad, and moreover it just takes up time that people normally spent outside doing other activities with time spent staring at a screen. What great progress!

Anyway, what is the problem exactly. If people don't actually want to go outside but do want to go outside to play a game, you have a problem with them?

If people don't want to go outside then that's just being lazy as hell. Especially as the majority of people doing that will be ''couch potatoes'', but yes what's wrong with lazing around indoors all day? And once again, the fact is that it's a disgrace to your lifestyle if it takes a game to get your ass outside - seeing people not able to find any joy in the outside world except from a game is quite evidently depressing af.
Let's face it, nobody invited her to go find Pokemon with them. It's like the people who get angry when all their 'mates' organise to do things and 'forget' to invite them :wink:

1) him*
2) these shady comments of yours are so cute, unfortunately for you sweetheart I don't need to get behind a screen and play on a game to meet up with friends :smile:

Once again, come back when you've got something worthwhile to argue.
Sweetie I'm not the one throwing shady comments or petty insults, so thanks for your input but next time why don't you think before you post? :smile:

It takes a game to get people outside /more often/ which is just as bad, and moreover it just takes up time that people normally spent outside doing other activities with time spent staring at a screen. What great progress!

If people don't want to go outside then that's just being lazy as hell. Especially as the majority of people doing that will be ''couch potatoes'', but yes what's wrong with lazing around indoors all day? And once again, the fact is that it's a disgrace to your lifestyle if it takes a game to get your ass outside - seeing people not able to find any joy in the outside world except from a game is quite evidently depressing af.

You sound like a rather angry individual maybe some Pokemon Go will light up your day?

1) You've insulted me in your replies. You are equally as bad regardless of the pokeball you clearly have had shoved up your rectum.

2) Ah so you're not happy with progress. You won't be happy if there isn't progress. So either way, all those people staring at the screens are probably going to be happier than you will ever be. Now I get ya.

3) So everyone should spend there whole life outside? Even if they don't want to be there? Great, we can have more miserable people complaining in the streets.
The world isn't nice, unless you haven't noticed. Slightly unrelated but I heard someone say that they don't want children any more because the world has become too ****ed up.

In this day and age, who are you to tell people how they should have fun? Who are you to judge anyone on the 'beauty' the find in the outside world? Why aren't you living out in the wilderness somewhere with no technology enjoying the world? Oh right, you can't, because you are another brainwashed robot who relies on technology for happiness. I don't care if you do. Nobody does. Which is why you shouldn't find offence who would rather be happy in technology that being outside with you. Sorry but you come across as a pretentious **** and yes that is an assumption but you aren't helping yourself at all.

Some people just don't want it to be a big thing. Since they don't enjoy it they feel left out that everyone else is doing it.
so this game is more popular than Twitter eh? I've been sensible and stayed at home for the past week trying to figure my way around Spring MVC, Hibernate, JSPs and Wildfly.
You sound like a rather angry individual maybe some Pokemon Go will light up your day?

Unfortunately for you I don't need a virtual game or a screen to be happen, sorry to burst your bubble :frown:!

There's more to life than playing with virtual creatures. Hope this doesn't shock you!
Reply 39
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I fail to see the fascination with this game.

nobody's forcing you to play it dude

Quick Reply

Latest