The Student Room Group

How do I leave?

I am in a sticky dilemma.

Man wants to break up from my relationship, without hurting her and breaking her heart.

But I don't know how to go about this.

She's too clingy, too insecure, has anger issues and I feel like she is getting under my skin. Literally!

So I know if I break up with her she'll get really depressed

But how do I break up with her, without potentially hurting her?
Reply 1
Original post by truly unruly
I am in a sticky dilemma.

Man wants to break up from my relationship, without hurting her and breaking her heart.

But I don't know how to go about this.

She's too clingy, too insecure, has anger issues and I feel like she is getting under my skin. Literally!

So I know if I break up with her she'll get really depressed

But how do I break up with her, without potentially hurting her?

Whatever you do I don't think you can avoid hurting her. Sorry, but sometimes life is like that. What you can do is try to minimise the pain you will cause her in the long run. To do this I'd recommend a few things. Firstly, be honest. Lying or omitting information can come back to bite you, and it'll be easier for her to understand why you're breaking up with her if you give her the full picture. Secondly, if her behaviour is that problematic you should recommend she gets therapy or something. It's not your job to solve her insecurities and anger issues, but you can advise she see someone whose job it is. Thirdly, always be the bigger person. Even if she winds you up on purpose try to rise above it, otherwise you'll just add fuel to to the fire.
Reply 2
Original post by Darelz
Whatever you do I don't think you can avoid hurting her. Sorry, but sometimes life is like that. What you can do is try to minimise the pain you will cause her in the long run. To do this I'd recommend a few things. Firstly, be honest. Lying or omitting information can come back to bite you, and it'll be easier for her to understand why you're breaking up with her if you give her the full picture. Secondly, if her behaviour is that problematic you should recommend she gets therapy or something. It's not your job to solve her insecurities and anger issues, but you can advise she see someone whose job it is. Thirdly, always be the bigger person. Even if she winds you up on purpose try to rise above it, otherwise you'll just add fuel to to the fire.

Thank you. This is some great advice.
Reply 3
Original post by truly unruly
Thank you. This is some great advice.

Welcome mate!
Reply 4
Man needs to be honest

she will be upset but it's unfair to string her along if man knows he doesn't want to be together. She will get past it. *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending