The Student Room Group

What do Muslims think of Christians?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by biglad2k16

Not Much most avid Christians I know can't stand muslims even the Vicar at my local church doesnt like um
Do you mean as a person or the religion itself?
Original post by biglad2k16

People
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims wanted Christianity to suffer. In Islam's early days, it was completely tolerant of Christianity, but the Christians didn't like them, so because of all the hate Christianity has directed to Islam, it has turned the latter against them. So, really, we should be blaming Christianity for what's going on today.
humans with a faith, what's more to say?
Reply 6
Original post by Adamski191
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims wanted Christianity to suffer. In Islam's early days, it was completely tolerant of Christianity, but the Christians didn't like them, so because of all the hate Christianity has directed to Islam, it has turned the latter against them. So, really, we should be blaming Christianity for what's going on today.

You really will blame anybody for these attacks, as long as it's not the people that are actually at fault (a.k.a. the Islamic extremists).
Original post by celloel
You really will blame anybody for these attacks, as long as it's not the people that are actually at fault (a.k.a. the Islamic extremists).

Yea that's definitely what I said isn't it? I was actually trying to put across that the minority of Muslims that hate other religions is because of how they all treated Islam during its early days. I'm not defending Islam in any way either, but we can't just go ahead and blame them altogether.
Reply 8
Yea that's definitely what I said isn't it? I was actually trying to put across that the minority of Muslims that hate other religions is because of how they all treated Islam during its early days. I'm not defending Islam in any way either, but we can't just go ahead and blame them altogether.

You cannot blame the terrorist's/extremists actions on the persecutions early Muslims had.

Christians have a long history of being persecuted, as to Jewish people (obviously) - and the fact that a majority of Muslims aren't extremists - all shows that there are no excuses as to what these people are doing.

These extremists are 100% to blame. No excuses. No justifications.
Original post by RedDaz
No we blame the muslims, christians do not do terror attacks if you look after 911 28000 terror attacks have been done in the name of Allah Aqbar , look at Paris,Turkey, Tunisia, 7/7 and the madrid train bombing. we havent attacked their nations enough, I applaud Blair and Bush for eradicating nearly a million of the scum. I do not care if we hated them to start with, they have always hated the freedoms of the west

Oh, go away.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
Original post by celloel
You cannot blame the terrorist's/extremists actions on the persecutions early Muslims had.

Christians have a long history of being persecuted, as to Jewish people (obviously) - and the fact that a majority of Muslims aren't extremists - all shows that there are no excuses as to what these people are doing.

These extremists are 100% to blame. No excuses. No justifications.

Ah, but there is no physical or historical evidence of the Christians' persecution. They apparently made it up as some sort of propaganda to garner supporters. Also, I do agree that Jews have been persecuted mercilessly, but some stories of Jews being persecuted, themselves, don't have any historical or physical evidence. It was a simple myth.
Ah, but there is no physical or historical evidence of the Christians' persecution. They apparently made it up as some sort of propaganda to garner supporters. Also, I do agree that Jews have been persecuted mercilessly, but some stories of Jews being persecuted, themselves, don't have any historical or physical evidence. It was a simple myth.

Did you honestly just deny the fact that Christians and Jewish people were persecuted in the past? Are you joking?

Educate yourself, please, you're incredibly ignorant. It's happened for centuries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
Original post by celloel
Did you honestly just deny the fact that Christians and Jewish people were persecuted in the past? Are you joking?

Educate yourself, please, you're incredibly ignorant. It's happened for centuries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

I'm not denying ALL persecution of Jews. There isn't any physical evidence to suggest Christians were persecuted.
Reply 13
Original post by TheAtaKhan
Christian countries are disliked because of meddling with muslim countries internal politics and causing unrest in them, not to mention military interventions. For example, we Turkish people dislike Germany and their media because of their support on PKK which is a terrorist organization. However, most of people in west (including most of the readers here) view PKK as the freedom fighter group and Turkey as the fascist state because of western (therefore christian) propoganda. Another example is Fetullah Gulen, who is seeking asylum in U.S. CNN has been talking about him as a good guy framed by Erdogan, but truth is, they were in this together, he is as guilty as -if not more than- Erdogan. They started framing each other after they could not share the power they had.

And yes, Iraq intervention directly opened way to the rise of ISIS and US supporting Jihadis in Afghanistan led directly to establishment of Al Qaeda.

Long story short, christians have a really bad reputation on political issues in muslim countries.

And because of the fact that western media is really manipulative on middle eastern topics, christians are not trusted on these subjects.

You say others are subject to propaganda yet you recite all that crap (IE propaganda) as if someone briefed you on it.

Perhaps you should stop the victim mentality and reconsider your flawed approach to current affairs. The criticism Turkey receives is well deserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I like Christians just as i would like anyone else... :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Meh... some Christians I like some I don't depends on their personality
They're the same as anyone else.
I'm not denying ALL persecution of Jews. There isn't any physical evidence to suggest Christians were persecuted.

Wrong.

It is reported that 80% of religious discrimination worldwide is directed at Christians.
I see them as Humans
Original post by TelAviv
Wrong.

It is reported that 80% of religious discrimination worldwide is directed at Christians.

Source?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending