The Student Room Group

How to proceed with this girl?

I went out last Thursday with a girl who studies with me. We've been friendly for the past 6 months but only recently have I started seeing her in a more romantic light. The night didn't start off with the intention of being a date. Anyway, I flirted a lot with her over drinks and we made out for several hours in the end. It seemed as though she was really into me.

The next day I was quite direct in saying I'd like to take her out again. She said she hadn't had a chance to think about it properly and would get back to me. So far it's been nearly 2 days and whilst we've exchanged messages, she hasn't yet given me an answer.

My questions are as follows. How long shall I wait for her to answer before bring it up again? Could her delay be a sign she isn't interested? And finally , we are both PhD students and will be working closely together for the next 2 years+. Would this make dating her problematic?
Original post by Anonymous
I went out last Thursday with a girl who studies with me. We've been friendly for the past 6 months but only recently have I started seeing her in a more romantic light. The night didn't start off with the intention of being a date. Anyway, I flirted a lot with her over drinks and we made out for several hours in the end. It seemed as though she was really into me.

The next day I was quite direct in saying I'd like to take her out again. She said she hadn't had a chance to think about it properly and would get back to me. So far it's been nearly 2 days and whilst we've exchanged messages, she hasn't yet given me an answer.

My questions are as follows. How long shall I wait for her to answer before bring it up again? Could her delay be a sign she isn't interested? And finally , we are both PhD students and will be working closely together for the next 2 years+. Would this make dating her problematic?

Ask her again. If she delays replying, she's obviously not interested.
No, you're fully grown adults. I doubt it would be that problematic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by maggie43
Ask her again. If she delays replying, she's obviously not interested.
No, you're fully grown adults. I doubt it would be that problematic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I'll ask her later today. By then she will have had the whole weekend to think about it. Am on holiday atm so won't see her in person again for a week. I agree if she hesitates again or gives me a delayed response, it's a sign I should move on.
Reply 3
She said yes! I'm literally so happy right now
This is awesome, I've seen romcoms less heart-warming than this thread. Congrats OP :five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending