The Student Room Group

What do you use your smartphone for?

I'm thinking about buying a smart phone. How useful are they? What do you use your smartphone for?

Scroll to see replies

I use mine for Google Maps and browsing the internet mostly.
Reply 2

IG, twitter and FB

games such as pokemon and clash of kings

whatsapp

general internet things

the calendar

I use it for everything - the only time I ever need to use a laptop is if I need a bigger screen (say, to look at past papers etc) or if I need to print.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Twitter
Whatsapp, Viber
Browsing internet
Newpaper & magazine apps
Kindle reader
Reminders
Calendar
Notepad
9Gag
Basically, among the best purchases I've ever made. I use it non-stop for both work and play.
Everything more or less. Biggest things for me are whatsapp and mobile banking. I couldn't do without both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Use it for
Internet
Messages/ Phone
Calculator
Alarm
Notes
Camera
Online shopping
Torch

Lots of stuff really
Reply 7
Reply 8
Impressive™ recommends purchasing one of the smartphones. You can use broken TSR app and a torch if you get scared in the middle of the night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Pokemon go
everything. Even writing essays sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pinterest
Forums
Whatsapp
YouTube
Text/ring family members
The odd to do list
Reply 12
Pretty much everything!
Whatsapp
Internet
Kindle
TSR
mobile banking
Reminders
Alarm
To look at or make documents
Torch
Emails
Google maps
Games. I've now downloaded pokemon go too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whatsapp
Notes
To do lists and calendar
YouTube
Snapchat
Google translate
Browsing the Internet
Lots and lots of emails
Camera
(edited 7 years ago)
-calls, texts, whatsapp
-browsing the internet
-playing games

I've also got useful apps for checking bus arrival times (London bus live) and for helping me get around using public transport without getting lost (citymapper).
- calling- texting
- apps such as facebook, instagram, snapchat, whatsapp- games such as pokemon go
- the notepad
- the torch
- internet
- calling
*Calls
*Texts
*Facebook
*News
*Music
*Alarm clock
*Hotspot

That's literally it. I've never really got people doing everything on their phones. It's basically just a less effective and potentially extremely irritating (typing long messages on a phone takes so long that I usually get bored and annoyed half way through and give up) way of doing what you could do on a laptop.
I use it as a phone, camera, MP3 player, satnav, clock - you name it, pretty much :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TimmonaPortella
*Calls
*Texts
*Facebook
*News
*Music
*Alarm clock
*Hotspot

That's literally it. I've never really got people doing everything on their phones. It's basically just a less effective and potentially extremely irritating (typing long messages on a phone takes so long that I usually get bored and annoyed half way through and give up) way of doing what you could do on a laptop.

My phone is much faster (response time wise) than most computers I've used. Albeit yeah, typing up long replies or pieces can suck but the convenience helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Calls
-Texts
-Whatsapp
-Kik
-Games
-Camera
-Calculator
-Google
-Music
-Alarm Clock
-News (Mostly DailyMail) :smile: