The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devify
I go from 100% to 5% in 2-3 hours even with battery saver.

Damn, I feel for you. What phone are you using? I use an iPhone 6s+ and just have the screen on the lowest dim.
Original post by 34908seikj
Damn, I feel for you. What phone are you using? I use an iPhone 6s+ and just have the screen on the lowest dim.

I have an android. That's the problem with playing outside tho, can't see anything with the screen on low. I need to have it at least at 50% but it's okay. 2 hours is more than enough and i already have a tan on my arms cause of being outside so much😃
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Welcome to the Pokemon Go official thread.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!
:pika:***Updates***

•

POKEMON GO IS RELEASED IN THE UK :YAY:

•

[*]

•

A modified version of the APK infected with malware has been found. So if you've downloaded from outside an official app store, it's worth double checking your version just to be safe :smile: Although word is APKmirror is likely secure.

•

Share your favourite images from the game & your own screenshots :excited:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon?!
What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?
What team have you chosen?

My starter Pokemon was bulbasaur. I FOUND A CHARIZARD IN MY LIVING ROOM OMG!
Original post by AlexSharratt01
My starter Pokemon was bulbasaur. I FOUND A CHARIZARD IN MY LIVING ROOM OMG!

I've only seen one at a gym ;( My starter was also Bulbasaur!
i think people are taking it wayyyy to far
Original post by callum_20011
i think people are taking it wayyyy to far

What do you mean? Once you get into it, it's really fun!

Not really if you live in the middle of nowhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

i mean jumping out ****ing cars and crossing the ****ing motorway
Original post by callum_20011
i mean jumping out ****ing cars and crossing the ****ing motorway

meh blame the people with no common sense, not the game.
You know that show called X Factor? It used to be so popular that people downloaded a single to specifically prevent the winner from topping the chart :biggrin:, now the show got boring and ratings decreased to the point that the winner from last year didn't reach top 10 with the winning song. So in a similar manner you just wait a few months and the madness will die down
Original post by shawn_o1
meh blame the people with no common sense, not the game.
You know that show called X Factor? It used to be so popular that people downloaded a single to specifically prevent the winner from topping the chart :biggrin:, now the show got boring and ratings decreased to the point that the winner from last year didn't reach top 10 with the winning song. So in a similar manner you just wait a few months and the madness will die down

good
So want to play it but I have a windows phone.... D=
Why is it no Apps come out on it? Seriously, iphones are WAY to overhyped but they are really the only ones which gets apps...

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!
Friendly reminder that team yellow is for the people that walk into prison receptions and slam the soap onto the floor.

Original post by Scienceisgood
Why is it no Apps come out on it? Seriously, iphones are WAY to overhyped but they are really the only ones which gets apps...

Just get an andriod. They have free apps that you'd normally have to pay for.
Original post by Scienceisgood

And Android has it as well, so no iPhones don't just get the 'apps'. Everyone but windows phones get the app :biggrin:.
Does anybody have their phone randomly lock when playing?

Also does anybody know how to make it so my phone doesn't automatically lock when I close the case short of turning off the security and simply unlocking it when closed? So annoying that it only tracks distance when unlocked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 674
how do you increase the prestige points of a gym your team already owns? And if you have around a 300CP pokemon what would you say is the highest CP Pokemon you could fight at a gym, considering you get 6 pokemon to take with you into battle?
Original post by Verish
how do you increase the prestige points of a gym your team already owns? And if you have around a 300CP pokemon what would you say is the highest CP Pokemon you could fight at a gym, considering you get 6 pokemon to take with you into battle?

I believe you increase the prestige by training in the gym

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going London, hoping to find lots of pokemon today! Sadly there don't seem to be any on the motorway.
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Going London, hoping to find lots of pokemon today! Sadly there don't seem to be any on the motorway.

You wouldn't expect there to be, by the time the server has caught up with you wanting to catch it you will be out if range

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to root an android phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
Does anyone know how to root an android phone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Quick Reply