The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm so scared I won't get in too... I need ABB, doesn't seem high for some, but I've completely screwed up C4 Maths, so I may not get my B (I'm pretty confident in getting an A/A* in Computing and a B in Chemistry). :frown::frown::frown: Unfortunately for me, the majority/if not all CompSci degrees asking for below ABB don't involve much maths (understandably) and focus more on web design/mobile apps, which I don't like as much. :frown::frown::frown:
The stress has started, I need AAB but I messed up my psychology (thanks gender schema) and history so I'll get ABD at best, Most likely ACD
Original post by Absent Agent
As many have requested, here are the AQA Summer 2016 papers. The corresponding Mark Schemes and the Examiners' Reports will not be available until the day before the results day and, since collecting them is hugely time-consuming, I don't promise to upload them on that day. Also, I believe there are some papers missing from the link but please do let me know which ones they are and I will try to upload them by the end of next week.

(Note that these are the AQA materials only-I don't have access to the materials of other exam boards.)

Click here to see the files.

(@SH0405- Perhaps you should add the link to the first post. :tongue:)

Thank you so much
I can't see physics A unit 5 papers - can you add them including option papers, thank you :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
For sure this uncertainly is just making me so on edge ; I want to plan my life and go on shopping trips for uni stuff but nope that's on hold :/

Yeah same here!! I think I am most excited for those uni shopping trips!!
Original post by PlayerBB
Yeah same here!! I think I am most excited for those uni shopping trips!!

I've decided that if I get in then the next day I'm gonna go and splash out and get a laptop ect and if not I will probably just stay indoors
:frown:
Original post by fefssdf
I've decided that if I get in then the next day I'm gonna go and splash out and get a laptop ect and if not I will probably just stay indoors

Well then hope you get in! I think the next day I will be doing a checklist to see what should I take with me and stuff that I need to buy, etc..
Original post by PlayerBB
Well then hope you get in! I think the next day I will be doing a checklist to see what should I take with me and stuff that I need to buy, etc..

Yeh I need to plan everything and I will also research things like societies and stuff so I have an idea of what I wanna do when I get there ; not gonna bother doing it now cause then it's just painful if I don't go there after all. I want to not think about it but it's all I can think about right now and I'm going mad !
time is going so quick... disappointment comes closer. :frown:
Original post by Helloagain1
time is going so quick... disappointment comes closer. :frown:

I just want it to be over and done with even if it is full of disappointment
Original post by fefssdf
I just want it to be over and done with even if it is full of disappointment

i think everyone wants that, but i dont think im ready to face it, it wont only hurt me but it will also be a disappointment for other people too.
If/when you get in there are lots of things to sort in the coming days - confirming accommodation probably online registration etc etc as well as the joy of shopping and packing. Plenty to keep you busy post results day.:biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh I need to plan everything and I will also research things like societies and stuff so I have an idea of what I wanna do when I get there ; not gonna bother doing it now cause then it's just painful if I don't go there after all. I want to not think about it but it's all I can think about right now and I'm going mad !
i think everyone wants that, but i dont think im ready to face it, it wont only hurt me but it will also be a disappointment for other people too.

I know what you mean ; my parents are under the impression that I'm going to get into uni full stop and I told them that I could do year 14 and they just dismissed it and haven't mentioned it since so idk it's weird like they've been so quiet on the whole situation that I don't know how they will react if I were to tell them that I haven't made the offers :frown: this is such a mess
Original post by AmyPilot
If/when you get in there are lots of things to sort in the coming days - confirming accommodation probably online registration etc etc as well as the joy of shopping and packing. Plenty to keep you busy post results day.:biggrin:

This holiday is so boring at the moment but hopefully it will end on a high and ill feel like I'm living my life as now I just feel like I'm passing the time on the internet :/
Original post by fefssdf
I know what you mean ; my parents are under the impression that I'm going to get into uni full stop and I told them that I could do year 14 and they just dismissed it and haven't mentioned it since so idk it's weird like they've been so quiet on the whole situation that I don't know how they will react if I were to tell them that I haven't made the offers :frown: this is such a mess

loool year 14 ahha ur funny, ive told my parents on the other hand that i havent met my offer (A*AA) and they arent ready to accept that i havent theyre claiming i probably have and whenever they bring it up i say stop saying i have coz i know i havent which pisses me off. well im due beatings thats a fact :biggrin:
dont worry even though parents want the best for theur kids and want you to get into uni they will be proud of you and help you along either way

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in denial when I went through A level results - the idea of university terrified me lol. It will all be ok - doubts and nerves are to be expected. Good luck
Original post by fefssdf
This holiday is so boring at the moment but hopefully it will end on a high and ill feel like I'm living my life as now I just feel like I'm passing the time on the internet :/
loool year 14 ahha ur funny, ive told my parents on the other hand that i havent met my offer (A*AA) and they arent ready to accept that i havent theyre claiming i probably have and whenever they bring it up i say stop saying i have coz i know i havent which pisses me off. well im due beatings thats a fact :biggrin:

It's funny cause I could easily do year 14 cause my school allows you to so I think I'm gonna take up the offer if I have the chance and basically help out with the year 12's for maths and then retake some stuff just to pass the time haha . Oh gosh dude I'm so sorry for you . My firm and insurance want A*AB/AAA and I'm expecting AAB but A*AA that is some crazy grades and Yh it annoys me when your parents don't actually listen like they just assume that you're just saying that you didn't to well to cover your back but who is gonna lie about such a thing . Just keep telling your parents that you think you're screwed and hopefully they might start to take you seriously xx
Original post by AmyPilot
I was in denial when I went through A level results - the idea of university terrified me lol. It will all be ok - doubts and nerves are to be expected. Good luck

I'm just so excited to go to a uni like I've watched some many YouTube videos and read so many reviews and stuff like I'm so hyped that te disapaintmejt will hit me hard
Stay positive guys :smile: remember that things always tend to work out. I was so upset when I got a B in A Level Biology, but I've just finished my second year of my degree in Biological Sciences with a First. Anything is possible :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest