The Student Room Group

Muslims do you support the Islamisation of Turkish law?

Such as the apparent attempt by Erdogan to create alcohol-free zones because of his Islamic beliefs?

I'm curious.
Its a rather weighted question, the answer of which is unhelpful. It is a bit like asking people from Britain if they believe in British values... whatever they are.
not sure why this is classed as 'news'
They can do what they like it's their own country as long as it doesn't effect us.
Original post by swiss_cheese
not sure why this is classed as 'news'

It's more active than the religion sub-forum, and I think it's rather topical considering one of the reasons why the coup by the secular military sub-group failed a lot because of the conservative Muslim base who support Erdogan took to the streets (mind I have only glossed over reading about it etc. so feel free to correct me.)

It's also topical because Erdogan has been implementing or has been trying to implement Islamic ideals into law, overturning laws based on secular values which have been in place for a long time. This goes against the principle of law and religion being more distinct and separate nowadays. Do they not mind that?

For example the ban on civil servants wearing the hijab was uplifted in 2013.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/10/131011-hijab-ban-turkey-islamic-headscarf-ataturk/
Original post by WhiteIivesmátter
They can do what they like it's their own country as long as it doesn't effect us.

This^^
Original post by Rorschach II

For example the ban on civil servants wearing the hijab was uplifted in 2013.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/10/131011-hijab-ban-turkey-islamic-headscarf-ataturk/

Would you class the above law as a bad thing?!
Reply 7
Original post by Al-farhan
Would you class the above law as a bad thing?!

Yes
Original post by Ordo
Yes

Reason being?
Lifting a discriminatory law that discriminates based on religion is bad?!
Reply 9
Reason being?
Lifting a discriminatory law that discriminates based on religion is bad?!

Yes
Original post by Ordo
Yes

Are you in danger? Blink 3 times for yes:eek:
Reply 11
Are you in danger? Blink 3 times for yes:eek:

No? xDDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending