The Student Room Group

Chinese Postman problem

I have no idea how to beginn with this...We have a network 8x8 of a big chessboard. The 81 grid points are the crossroads. The crossroads are linked with the neighboring crossroads through edges of 1 m length horizontally and vertically. The horizontal streets can be crossed in both directions. The vertical 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th streets from up to down and the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th from down to up. In this described graph can only the four fields in the centre of the chessboard turn clockwise to 90 degrees including the street orientation. The minimum number of visited edges of the optimal solution of this graph's chinese postman problem's is then: 22 23 24
I bet you wouldn't have a problem if the postman was white but oh no because he's chinese suddenly there is a problem. Racist.
Original post by cliveb2016
I bet you wouldn't have a problem if the postman was white but oh no because he's chinese suddenly there is a problem. Racist.

"Chinese Postman Problem" is the title given to a well-known mathematical problem; the "Chinese" part comes from the fact that it was extensively investigated by the Chinese mathematician Kwan Mei-Ko.
Reply 3
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
"Chinese Postman Problem" is the title given to a well-known mathematical problem; the "Chinese" part comes from the fact that it was extensively investigated by the Chinese mathematician Kwan Mei-Ko.

Shhhhh, he was enjoying his race rant.
Original post by HapaxOromenon3

It is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

With so many stupid SJWs around this days, I had to assume that "cliveb2016" was being serious.
Original post by physicsmaths

yes lad. tbh you are one of the only people on here that has a sense of humour. good luck @ cambridge!

Quick Reply

Latest