The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016 [part 2]

Just started a new thread as the last one reached its post limit !!!

I am still waiting for a call from BT as well after being told in March I was successful at assessment centre but all vacancies have been filled. I was told I would be contacted when a suitable vacancy arises. They just said please be patient but I just want to hear something.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got my paperwork to fill in regarding references and stuff today by the way!

Check your emails y'all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
I've been following your thread and now have my own question.
Surprisingly, it took two weeks from applying to receiving an email
" We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening, and we’ve identified a role that we think is a good match. " So yep, now only waiting for the date.
BUT I checked the page with my application, and the successful one is Advanced Apprentice - Engineering - Wholesale, I applied for IT.What if I'm not actually happy about it? I mean, is there any way to get into IT instead? BTW congrats to those accepted! x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sevenessie
Hi guys,
I've been following your thread and now have my own question.
Surprisingly, it took two weeks from applying to receiving an email
" We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening, and we’ve identified a role that we think is a good match. " So yep, now only waiting for the date.
BUT I checked the page with my application, and the successful one is Advanced Apprentice - Engineering - Wholesale, I applied for IT.What if I'm not actually happy about it? I mean, is there any way to get into IT instead? BTW congrats to those accepted! x

It looks like you've been put forward for engineering as your first choice has not been identified within your geographic area. It depends how much you want to join BT and if you like engineering as to whether you want to proceed. I would say take it while you can and worry about the rest later but ultimately its your decision.
Reply 4
Anyone waiting for an assessment center in Belfast?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey All

I had a hub day in Ipswich on Tuesday 5th July for higher apprentice IT course, then had a phone call on Thursday 7th July in which they said my contract would be emailed to me in a couple of weeks. I received the contract email on Thursday 14th. One week after the phone call, it redirected you to the application page - so keep checking there, however you only get 3 days to respond and accept your offer.

I'm going to be based in Ipswich - my title is Network Associate Designer.

What about everyone else?

Tasha
Reply 6
Original post by NatashaStaffieri
Hey All

I had a hub day in Ipswich on Tuesday 5th July for higher apprentice IT course, then had a phone call on Thursday 7th July in which they said my contract would be emailed to me in a couple of weeks. I received the contract email on Thursday 14th. One week after the phone call, it redirected you to the application page - so keep checking there, however you only get 3 days to respond and accept your offer.

I'm going to be based in Ipswich - my title is Network Associate Designer.

What about everyone else?

Tasha

I was told I was successful at assessment centre but all vacancies had been filled. I am still waiting on a phone call when there is a suitable vacancy available in Ipswich. I had my assessment on 22 March !!!
What sort of IT apprenticeship did you go for? Higher or Advanced? They said at our Hub day that there were 8 Roles available for the 20 of us that had been selected to attend - 3 in Software and 5 in Networking on the higher apprenticeship programmes.

T
Reply 8
What sort of IT apprenticeship did you go for? Higher or Advanced? They said at our Hub day that there were 8 Roles available for the 20 of us that had been selected to attend - 3 in Software and 5 in Networking on the higher apprenticeship programmes.

T

Higher. I presume that 8 people get offered the job from my hub day and I just fell short I reckon I will have to wait until all the assessment centres have taken place and if there is any vacancies available I will be contacted. Still not long to go before September though.
Aww no! That sucks!

Is that how many vacancies from your hub day were available to?

T
Reply 10
Aww no! That sucks!

Is that how many vacancies from your hub day were available to?

T

I'm not sure I only know that 3 out of the 8 in my session in the morning got offered a job
Did they say what area they thought you would be working in if the spaces become available?T
Reply 12
Did they say what area they thought you would be working in if the spaces become available?T

No they just said "any suitable vacancies" I don't mind which area as long as it's IT
Fingers crossed for you!
T
Reply 14
Fingers crossed for you!
T

Thanks hopefully they will be in touch soon !!! all the best in your apprenticeship anyways :smile:
Original post by adampage29
Thanks hopefully they will be in touch soon !!! all the best in your apprenticeship anyways :smile:

Thanksyou! Hopefully see you in september

T
Reply 16
Thanksyou! Hopefully see you in september

T

Would be great if I did !!!
Reply 17
Its been nearly 3 weeks and i still haven't heard anything about the result of my assessment centre.. How long did it take for everyone else to find out whether they got the job or not?
Original post by JackAFC
Its been nearly 3 weeks and i still haven't heard anything about the result of my assessment centre.. How long did it take for everyone else to find out whether they got the job or not?

Make sure to check your voice mail. I was away on holiday after my assessment centre and they left me a couple of messages. Could be the same case for you. If you don't have any just try to email them
Reply 19
Original post by adamcam97
Make sure to check your voice mail. I was away on holiday after my assessment centre and they left me a couple of messages. Could be the same case for you. If you don't have any just try to email them

How long did it take for your call? And did they offer you the job?

Quick Reply

Latest