The Student Room Group

Should i quit my Job at NCS lol

I'll give it a shot here.

This would be very embarrassing posting lol. I'm a Senior Mentor for the NCS North London and **** me i can't do it anymore.

I have done one week so far and i enjoyed working with the young people but i don't get along or probably i don't enjoy working with my colleagues. I am a quiet person (perhaps albeit on an autistic/avoidant personality level) and it has ****ed up my life for years. I often hide when there is free time and i have already done autistic-like mistakes on the programme such as coming late to meetings, missing late duty (which im sure this pissed off my colleague), not going on the right coach (I was put on the job last minute.com). I literally don't talk a lot to colleagues which creates a poor communication atmosphere

The truth is it is a 'very dangerous experiment' with someone with depression to continue with the job. Despite my other colleague, the support worker doesn't want me to leave (because she is not really good at her job), i don't know what to do. I only have now until early morning to tell them i want to quit.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you should just stick at it and be proud of the fact that you have a job and you're getting to work with young people :biggrin: perhaps you could find ways to hide at the social times like go to the toilet for ages or something ; that's what I would do x
Original post by fefssdf
I think you should just stick at it and be proud of the fact that you have a job and you're getting to work with young people :biggrin: perhaps you could find ways to hide at the social times like go to the toilet for ages or something ; that's what I would do x

True, but i don't know how to cope for two more weeks in the job.
Anyone who is seen as quiet or shy help me?
Reply 4
Original post by Quiet Benin
True, but i don't know how to cope for two more weeks in the job.

It's 2 weeks and it will fly bye just try and relax dude :smile:
Reply 5
After seeing several negative posts about them changed my views and not sure if I would recommend people I know to go to NCS.
Original post by Ordo
After seeing several negative posts about them changed my views and not sure if I would recommend people I know to go to NCS.

As a participant or a worker?
Reply 7
As a participant or a worker?

Participant
Original post by Ordo
Participant

Where did you hear the negative views? what are they about (i'm just interested)

I was a participant five years ago and i did like it but because im getting mentally exhausted, i can't cope being a worker there because of poor communication skills im possessing which makes my role very hypocritical to the young people
Reply 9
Where did you hear the negative views? what are they about (i'm just interested)

I was a participant five years ago and i did like it but because im getting mentally exhausted, i can't cope being a worker there because of poor communication skills im possessing which makes my role very hypocritical to the young people

Sorry i dont know. Just search NCS and most of them said they feel uncomfortable and some staff weren't helpful to them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending