The Student Room Group

Islam and the fast-changing environment of 21st century Earth

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D00
I dislike illogical, irrational positions in life. Religion that espouses homophobia and sexism is not a good thing to defend, by the way.

Everyone has right to practice whatever religion they want, regardless if you don't agree with it or not.

There's no need to spread hate. Hatred spreads more hatred it's a endless cycle.
Reply 21
Original post by mr T 999
Everyone has right to practice whatever religion they want, regardless if you don't agree with it or not.

There's no need to spread hate. Hatred spreads more hatred it's a endless cycle.

But Islam spreads hate. It spreads homophobia, sexism and non-Muslim bigotry.

Shall we leave the neo-Nazi's alone too, then?
Original post by D00
Then you're a bit of an idiot then, sorry.

How rich
Original post by Zamestaneh
I wasn't born to Muslim parents but I chose to become one.

What made you choose it
Reply 24
How rich

If you decide to believe in the illogical and irrational through no fault but your own then you're an idiot. Simple as.
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Exactly, the apostate thing is funny cos there's simply no room even for you to leave Islam and then come back, once you've left that's it,

What do you mean by you can't come back?
Original post by D00
But Islam spreads hate. It spreads homophobia, sexism and non-Muslim bigotry.

Shall we leave the neo-Nazi's alone too, then?

If you think Islam spreads hate then why do you spread hate towards Islam.
Don't you see what's going on, the cycle of hate is not going to stop.
It's going to continue you can stop this cycle by not spreading hate.

Let them have their views and you have yours, put your differences to a side and just get along with these people.
Original post by D00
If you decide to believe in the illogical and irrational through no fault but your own then you're an idiot. Simple as.

One could equally say the same to you since you illogically and irrationally believe Islam to be illogical and irrational; then again, my manners aren't as bad as yours to believe that :smile:

May Allah guide you

What made you choose it

Based on my reading and my logic, if ever there was a religion from God, then Islam would be it IMO. I am yet to see any obvious flaw in the religion, with people's only objections to being able to reconcile their actions with free will, if a God exists in the first place, or subjectively moral issues.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by mr T 999
If you think Islam spreads hate then why do you spread hate towards Islam.
Don't you see what's going on, the cycle of hate is not going to stop.
It's going to continue you can stop this cycle by not spreading hate.

Let them have their views and you have yours, put your differences to a side and just get along with these people.

Would you leave the neo-Nazi's and let their views of anti-semitism foster and brew and bubble because you're scared of confronting them views?

Islam spreads hate due to illogical, irrational beliefs. Islam needs to modernise and libealise.

A gay man can't put his differences aside and get along with a Muslim.
Reply 29
One could equally say the same to you since you illogically and irrationally believe Islam to be illogical and irrational; then again, my manners aren't as bad as yours to believe that :smile:

May Allah guide you

Based on my reading and my logic, if ever there was a religion from God, then Islam would be it IMO. I am yet to see any obvious flaw in the religion, with people mostly only objective to being able to reconcile their actions with free will, if a God exists in the first place, or subjectively moral issues.

Allah doesn't exist my friend. Open your eyes, wake up and smell the coffee. Religion was invented by man millenia upon millenia ago to control people, idiots like you, for example.
Original post by IdeasForLife

Think she means that if one apostacises, then either they are completely villified or they could be killed, therefore there is hardly much room for one to turn back, in her opinion...
Original post by IdeasForLife

Disbelieving in Allah is the ultimate sin in Islam and once you commit it you are never forgiven no matter how much you repent etc. So you have no chance of becoming Muslim again once atheist and you'll be doomed eternally to hell
Think she means that if one apostacises, then either they are completely villified or they could be killed, therefore there is hardly much room for one to turn back, in her opinion...

Ok. Thanks.

Edit - No seems you wrong nub.
Reply 33

Based on my reading and my logic, if ever there was a religion from God, then Islam would be it IMO. I am yet to see any obvious flaw in the religion, with people mostly only objective to being able to reconcile their actions with free will, if a God exists in the first place, or subjectively moral issues.

I have a list of flaws:

Rampant homophobia
Rampant sexism
Apostasy laws
The calls for death and destruction
Inequality
A cellestial dictatorship which forbids you from drinking alcohol, eating pork. And tells you to get on your knees and prey.
Original post by D00
Allah doesn't exist my friend.

Prove it

Religion was invented by man millenia upon millenia ago to control people, idiots like you, for example.

Prove it

:smile:
Reply 35
Prove it

Prove it

:smile:

I can't prove it. But I can't also prove the Ginger Bread Man doesn't exist. Or fairies. Or dragons.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

The Qu'ran, and the Bible, were invented millenia ago by backward-thinking desert tribes who wanted to control people by making law and order. It was man's first attempt at philosophy.

Do you believe in fairies too? Santa? They have as much evidence as 'Allah'.
Disbelieving in Allah is the ultimate sin in Islam and once you commit it you are never forgiven no matter how much you repent etc. So you have no chance of becoming Muslim again once atheist and you'll be doomed eternally to hell

Anyone can repent as long as they are alive. But if you die, then you won't be forgiven for this sin on DOJ. I've never seen a scholar say anything other than that. ;p
Original post by D00
I have a list of flaws:

Rampant homophobia
Rampant sexism
Apostasy laws
The calls for death and destruction
Inequality
A cellestial dictatorship which forbids you from drinking alcohol, eating pork. And tells you to get on your knees and prey.

You proved the point of my post, my antagonistic young periwinkle - you just listed a bunch of subjective flaws mostly related to morals :console:
Original post by D00
I can't prove it. But I can't also prove the Ginger Bread Man doesn't exist. Or fairies. Or dragons.

I'm not making the positive claim that they don't exist, rather I say I believe they dont exist :smile:

The Qu'ran, and the Bible, were invented millenia ago by backward-thinking desert tribes who wanted to control people by making law and order. It was man's first attempt at philosophy.

Prove it :smile:
Reply 39
I'm not making the positive claim that they don't exist, rather I say I believe they dont exist :smile:

Prove it :smile:

Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment.

This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance.

They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. Christians and Muslims are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who has single-handedly created the whole universe and has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.

It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it.

Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending