The Student Room Group

Is it possible to change your insurance choice?

I most likely have not gotten into my firm choice university however I don't want to go to my insurance choice. Does anyone know whether I could change my insurance choice to one of the universities which I rejected?
Reply 1
Original post by _Sara_
I most likely have not gotten into my firm choice university however I don't want to go to my insurance choice. Does anyone know whether I could change my insurance choice to one of the universities which I rejected?

Yep. You'd need to get contact both your universities, let them know of your decision and tell them to give UCAS the permission to change your choices. Then you'd phone UCAS and confirm everything. I think you have until the 28th July to do so - but obviously, the earlier, the better.

I did something similar a few weeks ago, actually. The offer I initially rejected is now my insurance.
(edited 7 years ago)
The student room has an article about this here.

Looks like you'll need to go into clearing if you don't get into your firm, though it may be sensible to get your insurance to let you go now so you won't need to try and do that after results. However, you may not get into the other unis that you rejected through clearing.

The article also says if you made your choice within 7 days UCAS will just change it (though I assume that's not the case?).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by monkyvirus
The student room has an article about this here.

Looks like you'll need to go into clearing if you don't get into your firm, though it may be sensible to get your insurance to let you go now so you won't need to try and do that after results. However, you may not get into the other unis that you rejected through clearing.

The article also says if you made your choice within 7 days UCAS will just change it (though I assume that's not the case?).

thanks for this answer, it's very helpful. No unfortunately that's not the case, I made my decision quite a while back when I was naive and ambitious.
I would wait for clearing to be honest, my friends sister got into better universities through clearing than when she applied through UCAS! (Probably because lots of unis drop their grades in clearing to fill places :smile: )

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Sara_

Original post by _howl
Yep. You'd need to get contact both your universities, let them know of your decision and tell them to give UCAS the permission to change your choices. Then you'd phone UCAS and confirm everything. I think you have until the 28th July to do so - but obviously, the earlier, the better.

I did something similar a few weeks ago, actually. The offer I initially rejected is now my insurance.

It's too late to change your insurance choice now. UCAS have locked down the changes universities can make.

What you CAN do now is contact your insurance and explain clearly that if your firm reject you then you would like to go striaght into clearing. Ask if they need anything in writing to confirm this to ensure it happens ASAP and you get placed straight into clearing on the morning of results day if you miss your firm and they don't accept you with lower grades.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
It's too late to change your insurance choice now. UCAS have locked down the changes universities can make.

What you CAN do now is contact your insurance and explain clearly that if your firm reject you then you would like to go striaght into clearing. Ask if they need anything in writing to confirm this to ensure it happens ASAP and you get placed straight into clearing on the morning of results day if you miss your firm and they don't accept you with lower grades.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest