The Student Room Group

How do i stay in touch with a girl I like?

I like a girl but I'm not interested in asking her out atm (I've got other priorities)

She has started her placement year this month whereas I'm gonna start my third year of uni in September. I messaged her last week and we had a good convo (I messaged her asking about how her placement was going then we moved onto other stuff).

How do I continue doing this for say the next 6-8 months? I'm finding it hard to think of ways to start our next conversations?

I know by not doing anything right now I risk losing out on her, but I'm ready to take that risk. I also think she wouldn't be interested in having a relationship atm too. I've talked to her face to face at uni and also think she hasn't been in any previous relationships, like me.

Thank you.
Are you muslim ? I'm in the same position tbh and it's kinda hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by LaaaaddyyS

Posted from TSR Mobile

What Muslim has got to do with this? xDD
Reply 3
Original post by LaaaaddyyS

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, we are both Indian and Hindus
Continue talking as you are and ask a couple of times if she wants to meet up. When your friendship gradually strengthens, then you could possibly ask her out.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Defraction
Continue talking as you are and ask a couple of times if she wants to meet up. When your friendship gradually strengthens, then you could possibly ask her out.

Spoiler

Thank you.
Are u saying every time I message, start with asking about her placement and then move on to other stuff?

How do I get our friendship to gradually strengthen?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you.
Are u saying every time I message, start with asking about her placement and then move on to other stuff?

How do I get our friendship to gradually strengthen?

Yes definitely. Ask her what her interests are, what does she like doing as well as talking about yourself to. There is clearly no point of talking to someone if they don't know how you really are. Your friendship with her strengthens if she enjoys talking to you or not. Hopefully, she will as you seem like a decent chap.

Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
I like a girl but I'm not interested in asking her out atm (I've got other priorities)

She has started her placement year this month whereas I'm gonna start my third year of uni in September. I messaged her last week and we had a good convo (I messaged her asking about how her placement was going then we moved onto other stuff).

How do I continue doing this for say the next 6-8 months? I'm finding it hard to think of ways to start our next conversations?

I know by not doing anything right now I risk losing out on her, but I'm ready to take that risk. I also think she wouldn't be interested in having a relationship atm too. I've talked to her face to face at uni and also think she hasn't been in any previous relationships, like me.

Thank you.

Try and say hi once in a while asking about her placement. Maybe offer to meet up even though you both will be busy. If she likes you will be up for it ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending