The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bezoar
EVERY ****ING TIME I TRAVEL SOMEHWERE EXCITING THE SERVERS DIE. I just want to play Pokemon... I'm stuck on level 6 cos the servers fail when I want to use it and I never get a bloody chance :frown:

Exactly the same here! I thought I was alone
Icebreaker: What's your starter Pokémon?!

Squirtle is mine but I wish I had known about Pikachu :frown:

What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?

A second squirtle appeared two days ago!

I really can't wait to go to London in early August to catch more rare ones though. The problems with living in a rural area hahaha

What team have you chosen?

I've just gotten to level 5 (I live in a rural area so it's harder to level up) and I don't know which team to pick. The gym is in a bit of a dodgy area (read: very dodgy area) so I actually want investigate if I can request another gym opening up in my village because I don't like the idea of children going down there. I don't feel safe myself! There are some questionable characters and it's way out of the public eye so if there was any trouble, there would not be many people onlooking who would be able to help out.

I'm caught between which to pick though! Anyone fancy giving me a hand? :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Earlylifecrisis
Exactly the same here! I thought I was alone

It's let me log in now, but when I open the shop it's just a blank page. I wanted an incense :frown:
Original post by 34908seikj
Thanks!

What about be a high level eve? I have one at 107cp.

Like 200-300
that feeling when you haven't got any pokeballs left because they keep escaping from the ball and then you find a pokemon you haven't got that you need but you dont have any pokeballs
There are no pokestops nearby

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
similar issue
But my nearest is a bit closer
I sometimes get pokemon but theyre always the same and always shite

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm the same. The very few Pokémon I find are either pidgeys or weedles. 😤

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liam0324
Yeah, I'm the same. The very few Pokémon I find are either pidgeys or weedles. 😤
Posted from TSR Mobile

so frustrating :frown:
so frustrating :frown:

Do you guys have a glitch where you try to stand near or around shaking grass/leafy patches but it doesn't seem to register it and no Pokémon come up? :frown:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Do you guys have a glitch where you try to stand near or around shaking grass/leafy patches but it doesn't seem to register it and no Pokémon come up? :frown:

Loads

Posted from TSR Mobile
The game seems to be breaking every 5 minutes for me. I ran out off all my poke-balls ... the nearest poke-stop in my area is 30 minutes away. I walked there twice today and both times the poke-stop didn't appear. It didn't even count the km for my eggs.

Those bits only indicate places were pokemon typically spawn so standing near one doesn't mean a pokemon will automatically appear.
Original post by Earlylifecrisis
Those bits only indicate places were pokemon typically spawn so standing near one doesn't mean a pokemon will automatically appear.

Is that the case? I thought it was like the games where there's a Pokémon in shaking grass, but that's fair enough, and it makes more sense.

sometimes yeah
not often tho
I get the one where I catch a pokemon and the ball stays there and it freezes, i do not receive said pokemon
:emo:
sometimes yeah
not often tho
I get the one where I catch a pokemon and the ball stays there and it freezes, i do not receive said pokemon
:emo:

I have that all the time and I hate it so much!

Sometimes, though, it just kind of freezes after it has shaken 3 times, so when I do restart the game, I do get it, but it's frustrating nonetheless...
Original post by Gogregg

Sometimes, though, it just kind of freezes after it has shaken 3 times, so when I do restart the game, I do get it, but it's frustrating nonetheless...

Oh, I have a trick for that! It happened to me when I was trying to catch a Seel today, and as I live in a rural pidgey-populated area, a Seel was a pretty big deal.

Here is what I do -

Turn on airplane mode
Close the app completely (on iPhone, swipe the screen up as to make sure it’s all closed down)
Go back to the app keeping airplane mode off
Now, when you’re on the loading screen, log back in (it’ll say ‘sign’)
The Pokémon you were trying to catch as the app froze should be in your Pokedex etc
Original post by Gogregg

:frown:
well im glad im not alone but at the same time :frown:
:cry2:
Original post by Fleming1928
The game seems to be breaking every 5 minutes for me. I ran out off all my poke-balls ... the nearest poke-stop in my area is 30 minutes away. I walked there twice today and both times the poke-stop didn't appear. It didn't even count the km for my eggs.

At least you did exercise
:biggrin:
Oh, I have a trick for that! It happened to me when I was trying to catch a Seel today, and as I live in a rural pidgey-populated area, a Seel was a pretty big deal.

Here is what I do -

Turn on airplane mode
Close the app completely (on iPhone, swipe the screen up as to make sure it’s all closed down)
Go back to the app keeping airplane mode off
Now, when you’re on the loading screen, log back in (it’ll say ‘sign’)
The Pokémon you were trying to catch as the app froze should be in your Pokedex etc

I''ll try that next time it happens, thank you so much!
Haven't been able to get into the game for a couple of hours. Just walked 3km home from work, unable to log in, with a 10km egg only 1.4km away from hatching :sad: Walking without the app open feels like torture.
(edited 7 years ago)
What team is best in you guys's opinion and why?

I pick team Mystic. Good thing too as there is literally a Mystic gym across my road and a pokestop.
Also I found pikachu outside my gates.

Man, I love where I live.

Those who live in the middle of nowhere, you have my deepest condolences.

I'm having issues with the game also, I logged in once today In about 30 attempts or so :frown:.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest