The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gcse English Litrature - I thought I got an A but ended up getting a D, my friend sitting next to me got a D too with exactly the same marks, it felt like my heart got displaced inside my body, don't want that sensation again.
I got AAB in my A levels last year and didn't know that some med schools accepted resits at that point, so thought my entire life was over. Basically spent the whole day crying and having to listen to everyone saying 'oh everyone seems to have got in somewhere even if they didn't meet their offers!!!' 'everyone's done so well!!!' didn't exactly help.

I actually have an offer for med this year and if I don't get the A this time I haven't got a clue what I'll do. Absolutely *****ing it for results day :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
yh hopefully manchester will accept AAB for their AAA course ...

My sister got into Manchester for AAA with A*BB. It was eventually remarked to A*AA but still
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ScienceFantatic
My sister got into Manchester for A*BB got AAA. It was eventually remarked to A*AA but still

Ah wow that's nice to hear. Manchester seem to be more lenient cause they've said that if you narrowly miss the offer then they'll keep you waiting a few days but I'd rather not be kept waiting to end up being rejected :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lightwoXd
I got AAB in my A levels last year and didn't know that some med schools accepted resits at that point, so thought my entire life was over. Basically spent the whole day crying and having to listen to everyone saying 'oh everyone seems to have got in somewhere even if they didn't meet their offers!!!' 'everyone's done so well!!!'

I actually have an offer for med this year and if I don't get the A this time I haven't got a clue what I'll do. Absolutely *****ing it for results day :laugh:

Ah I'm so glad you've got another offer ; hopefully you'll get it this time :biggrin: !!
Original post by fefssdf
Ah I'm so glad you've got another offer ; hopefully you'll get it this time :biggrin: !!

I hope so too :zomg: Thank you though!!!

Ahaha I didn't actually get any offers last year, results day was the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned lmao
Original post by fefssdf
Ah wow that's nice to hear. Manchester seem to be more lenient cause they've said that if you narrowly miss the offer then they'll keep you waiting a few days but I'd rather not be kept waiting to end up being rejected :/

Oh god. When did they say that? I'm scared enough as it is. My heart couldn't take waiting a few more days for inevitable rejection.

I tried to look to see if my course is in clearing to help evaluate my chances and it is. But so is everything else. I feel like they were just lazy and put everything up. My course might be packed already
IMG_6983.PNG
Original post by lucabrasi98
Oh god. When did they say that? I'm scared enough as it is. My heart couldn't take waiting a few more days for inevitable rejection.

I tried to look to see if my course is in clearing to help evaluate my chances and it is. But so is everything else. I feel like they were just lazy and put everything up. My course might be packed already

They said it in an email I received from the maths department
Last year I had to phone up to get my results whilst away on holiday out of the UK. I was expecting BC in AS ICT and Media Studies. I got an E in ICT and a C in Media which was only 2 UMS off a B which was frustrating! I got a D and a U in my 2 ICT papers. It ruined the rest of my holiday as I was debating doing a BTEC and even looking at going back to state education as I had no clue what the hell happened about ICT which is my best subject. I saw where I went wrong and resat it this year. 1 month to go and I'll know my destiny!
Original post by PugDevil
Mine isn't too bad considering my results went how I wanted them to, but I had to go to work literally like one hour after I got my results. I fear to think how I would have been to the customers if I hadn't got into Uni...

Customer: Do you have any tom-
Me: NO :angry: *destroys the shop*

Do you have any horror stories that occurred on the day?

... why are you doing this a month before Results? You guys know how terrified we are :frown: I was just telling a friend the other day how supportive TSR was as well! Urgh.

I got EEUU at AS 2 years back. BUT I repeated the year and now have AS results of ABC (7UMS total off AAB dammit) and am waiting on A2 results with a conditional place at Cardiff!

Don't give up on your uni dreams people!

If I don't get into Cardiff though I WILL cry.
Not a huge horror story but after I got my AS results and went home, I burst into tears. I've never cried about results before.
Original post by sr90
This was 5 yrs ago so i'm going to assume every Sixth Form has now entered the 21st century and uses electronic means of communication for results.

I think you're being too optimistic - technology has evolved to the extent that cars can drive themselves, but my sixth form (and many others that I'm aware of) have no methods of sending us our results other than in person, unless you've asked beforehand for an email under special circumstances (and even then they'll likely email late in the day). :frown:

I think technology has somehow gotten worse since you were at sixth form as UCAS doesn't update until around 8am now, rather than 6!
Original post by HazMusicPanda
Not a huge horror story but after I got my AS results and went home, I burst into tears. I've never cried about results before.

I cried about my results actually at school last year ; so embarrassing . I didn't even do bad it's just I got a B in one subject and I was expecting an A and it's stupid cause AS grades are rather meaningless when there's retakes. Thankfully this time around I'll know judging by UCAS whether I've got the grades or not meaning I can contain my emotions when I get to the school
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I think you're being too optimistic - technology has evolved to the extent that cars can drive themselves, but my sixth form (and many others that I'm aware of) have no methods of sending us our results other than in person, unless you've asked beforehand for an email under special circumstances (and even then they'll likely email late in the day). :frown:

I think technology has somehow gotten worse since you were at sixth form as UCAS doesn't update until around 8am now, rather than 6!

My school is such a joke ; they're not letting anyone get their results before 9:30 which means if UCAS says I'm in clearing I've got to wait an hour and a half before I know my grades and can even think about phoning up ; it's just taking the piss ;(
Original post by fefssdf
My school is such a joke ; they're not letting anyone get their results before 9:30 which means if UCAS says I'm in clearing I've got to wait an hour and a half before I know my grades and can even think about phoning up ; it's just taking the piss ;(

Wow that's bad! I'm lucky that my school opens at 7am - I was disappointed that it isn't 6am, but, knowing how bad your school is in that regard, I should appreciate my early start. Hopefully you'll get into your firm choice so there won't be any need for clearing. :smile:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Wow that's bad! I'm lucky that my school opens at 7am - I was disappointed that it isn't 6am, but, knowing how bad your school is in that regard, I should appreciate my early start. Hopefully you'll get into your firm choice so there won't be any need for clearing. :smile:

Yeh I know right and yeh it is a joke cause I swear every other school opens at 7/8 at the latest but 9:30 just suggests the staff care more about having a lie in then students getting into uni ;( and Yh hopefully I do get into my firm choice but my insurance choice sent me an email saying that if I narrowly miss the conditions of the offer then I might be kept waiting a few days whilst they decide so chances are I'll be waititng for my insurance choice anyways. Everything is not looking in my favour ;(
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh I know right and yeh it is a joke cause I swear every other school opens at 7/8 at the latest but 9:30 just suggests the staff care more about having a lie in then students getting into uni ;( and Yh hopefully I do get into my firm choice but my insurance choice sent me an email saying that if I narrowly miss the conditions of the offer then I might be kept waiting a few days whilst they decide so chances are I'll be waititng for my insurance choice anyways. Everything is not looking in my favour ;(

My school has A2 at 9am and AS at 10am so we're pretty late too, especially since I won't be looking at UCAS track until after I get my results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smegsxo
My school has A2 at 9am and AS at 10am so we're pretty late too, especially since I won't be looking at UCAS track until after I get my results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suggest you look at ucas before cause if you are in clearing then you could write down a list of possible unis ans numbers to call, also it would be better to know where you stand in the comfort of your own home, rather than st school when everyone else is there ! And ah Yh glad to know my school isn't the only one opening up late :/
Original post by fefssdf
I suggest you look at ucas before cause if you are in clearing then you could write down a list of possible unis ans numbers to call, also it would be better to know where you stand in the comfort of your own home, rather than st school when everyone else is there ! And ah Yh glad to know my school isn't the only one opening up late :/

I'll already have all those by then, plus my mum and boyfriend want to look for me before and whilst I get my results so they'll be prepared for that. I prefer opening them at school and it's the last paper results so it's just how I want to do it I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
My sister got into Manchester for AAA with A*BB. It was eventually remarked to A*AA but still

What subjects were the originally B's in?

Latest