The Student Room Group

Do you get flies and moths in your house?

The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

who doesn't get flies in their house?
Those tiny buggers get in all the time

Spoiler

Reply 2
Occasionally, but my cats take care of them a lot of the time
YES i get MOTHS and they are true devils. Bloody terrifying.
All the time! Ever since we installed the cat flap, we have flies coming in pretty much constantly (we have to prop it open because my cat can't work out how to use it otherwise). How can they find their way in through a little cat flap, and then not be able to get out through an open door?!
Flies and moths are attracted to foul odours, so you guys should do more to clean your house/room
Original post by Leviathan1741
All the time! Ever since we installed the cat flap, we have flies coming in pretty much constantly (we have to prop it open because my cat can't work out how to use it otherwise). How can they find their way in through a little cat flap, and then not be able to get out through an open door?!

They can pick up odours through the kitchen
Omg I cannot stand moths, I literally hate them.
Original post by ellie0497
YES i get MOTHS and they are true devils. Bloody terrifying.

Yes the big ones are indeed scary, its a good thing that they're rare, unless you live in the countryside
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes the big ones are indeed scary, its a good thing that they're rare, unless you live in the countryside

I get really big ones in my house and I don't even live in the countryside :eek:
Original post by ellie0497
I get really big ones in my house and I don't even live in the countryside :eek:

Lucky I don't !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any advice on shooing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a fly swat that should be coming today or in the next few days.
Original post by sulaimanali
I got a fly swat that should be coming today or in the next few days.

Where did you buy it from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
Where did you buy it from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazon..3 for £3
Flies, no.

Moths, all the time, there is like 4moths in my room right now. At some point you just learn to live with them, until they start flying round smashing into everything, then they can be shooed out. Otherwise I just leave them alone.
I hate moths so much! I can't leave my window open, it's currently closed and I'm dying by it's so hot :frown:
Reply 17
I eat them all, none escape, they taste soooo good.
I have never ever understood people's disdain for moths, they're just smaller butterflies? kinda cute.
Just get a thick Game of Thrones book and kill the bastards. That's what I do.

Quick Reply

Latest