The Student Room Group

GMAT best resources 2016/17 - looking for advice

----------------
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Manhattan GMAT, Magoosh online with tutorial support. Learn at your own pace and both are reasonably priced. They replicate the actual exam well with mock tests.

Avoid: Kaplan and Princeton Review

What are your target programmes? I think most MSc Econ and Finance don't require GMAT
Reply 2
You are welcome, hope this helps. Try to join a study group (1-3 people) in your area or uni, one can see posts on facebook subgroups. Even meeting once a week for problem solving helps and it makes one more disciplined. Beatthegmat.com is an useful forum for test takers (most are MBA applicants). Posters share about test prep, strategy, critical reasoning test and emotional support. In order to get a good score, most people need to score a balanced score on verbal and quant. Of course, adcomms love applicants with good scores in V and Q sections. There are some alpha posters on Beatthegmat.com and one needs to take it with a pinch of salt. Question titled: I screwed up my GMAT and scored only 700, should I retake and aim at 730 to have a better chance with adcomms?

Original post by Lay-Z
Thanks for the response, have you taken the gmat? What mark did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending