The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
It is ok, I am fine now. Never reported anyone tbh.

Sometimes it's for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Apparently 30 somali Muslim were murdered during a prayer ceremony in Baidoa, Somalia by Ethiopian troops.

I can't really understand the somali language so I'm relying on the person who shared the tweets (which contain the news articles) to be truthful.

https://twitter.com/somalieed/status/754773397683507200
https://twitter.com/Daudoo/status/754753164587433984

may Allah grant them Jannah.

Spoiler

inshallah they are granted jannah. ameen
Original post by h333
It is ok, I am fine now. Never reported anyone tbh.

Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you two referring to my post that i now deleted?
Reply 263
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am different/weird. :redface:

Original post by magicelephant
are you two referring to my post that i now deleted?

You did the wise thing that is all you need to know.
anyone with scholarly knowledge can you clarify to me whether smoking is haram or not?
anyone with scholarly knowledge can you clarify to me whether smoking is haram or not?

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=81345
Reply 266

Reason why it is haraam.
https://islamqa.info/en/10922

And

Ruling on smoking.
https://islamqa.info/en/110

Hope this helps insha'Allah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Russian warplanes killed 60+ and wounded around 150 people in Aleppo two days ago. May Allah grant them jannah.

Assad, Putin and Khameini are going to have a lot to answer for on the day of judgement. May Allah humiliate them in this life and the next.

Haven't got an article for this but there are pics on the DOAM (documenting oppression against muslims) FB page. Didn't post them here for obvious reasons. Good page for staying aware of whats happening though https://www.facebook.com/doammuslims/?fref=ts

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
assalaamu alaikum :smile:
Original post by MJlover
assalaamu alaikum :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam
Original post by h333
@Tawheed you ok brother? :smile:

Alhamdullilah, how are you? Thank you for asking sister.

How is your family, and the family of your relative who sadly passed away?

You know, one of my friends , who has sunni family, in pakistan, also had their cousin, who is also very young, pass away in similar circumstances at the same time. Truly, death can take us at any moment.

If you do not want to discuss this topic, please do not worry sister, our dua's and prayers are for you, your family and the dear brother who passed away.
May Allah azwj grant me patience against the ones who seek to provoke. There are times when it is better to speak out when faced with batil and obscenity, and there are times where it is better to endure the choking suffocation and remain silent.

They plan, and Allah plans, and Allah is the best of planners. To him is my return, and he will inform us about what we used to do.

Whatever oppression and falsehood one may face, no-one was faced with more Fitnah than Muhammed s.a.w, and his Ahlulbayt asws.

I i were to refute every secterian, biased, vitrolistic thing said, politics being thrown into our I-Soc, there would be only arguments. Thus, it is better i just keep silent and do not respond directly. Allah azwj is remembered here, beautiful words of wisdom and ahadith shared here. To me, that takes precedence over deliberate attempts to provoke.

I only ask users to free themselves - me included- from the shackles of friendships, bias, preconceived ideas, and when hearing a claim, make it your point to hear all sides, and all points of view. That is all: Be free in your thoughts. If you do that, i will be at peace knowing no matter who shared anything here, every user will make a point to look beyond that and consider every side of the argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;7iNtrsLUxhg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iNtrsLUxhg[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever covers (the sin of) a Muslim, Allah will cover him (his sin) in this world and in the Hereafter.” (Sunan, Ibn Majah, Vol. 3, Book 20, Hadith 2544)#
Narrated 'Abdullah (bin 'Umar):

Once Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) passed by an Ansari (man) who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya'. On that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Leave him as Haya' is a part of faith." (See Hadith 9)

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا مَالِكُ بْنُ أَنَسٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ سَالِمِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم مَرَّ عَلَى رَجُلٍ مِنَ الأَنْصَارِ وَهُوَ يَعِظُ أَخَاهُ فِي الْحَيَاءِ، فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ دَعْهُ فَإِنَّ الْحَيَاءَ مِنَ الإِيمَانِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 24
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 17
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 24
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا مَعْمَرٌ، عَنْ هَمَّامٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِذَا أَحْسَنَ أَحَدُكُمْ إِسْلاَمَهُ، فَكُلُّ حَسَنَةٍ يَعْمَلُهَا تُكْتَبُ لَهُ بِعَشْرِ أَمْثَالِهَا إِلَى سَبْعِمِائَةِ ضِعْفٍ، وَكُلُّ سَيِّئَةٍ يَعْمَلُهَا تُكْتَبُ لَهُ بِمِثْلِهَا ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 42
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 35
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 41
Report Error | Share
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "(A believer) who accompanies the funeral procession of a Muslim out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's reward and remains with it till the funeral prayer is offered and the burial ceremonies are over, he will return with a reward of two Qirats. Each Qirat is like the size of the (Mount) Uhud. He who offers the funeral prayer only and returns before the burial, will return with the reward of one Qirat only."

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ الْمَنْجُوفِيُّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا رَوْحٌ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَوْفٌ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَمُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ جَنَازَةَ مُسْلِمٍ إِيمَانًا وَاحْتِسَابًا، وَكَانَ مَعَهُ حَتَّى يُصَلَّى عَلَيْهَا، وَيَفْرُغَ مِنْ دَفْنِهَا، فَإِنَّهُ يَرْجِعُ مِنَ الأَجْرِ بِقِيرَاطَيْنِ، كُلُّ قِيرَاطٍ مِثْلُ أُحُدٍ، وَمَنْ صَلَّى عَلَيْهَا ثُمَّ رَجَعَ قَبْلَ أَنْ تُدْفَنَ فَإِنَّهُ يَرْجِعُ بِقِيرَاطٍ ‏"‏‏.‏ تَابَعَهُ عُثْمَانُ الْمُؤَذِّنُ قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَوْفٌ عَنْ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَحْوَهُ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 47
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 40
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 46
Narrated Abu Mas'ud:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If a man spends on his family (with the intention of having a reward from Allah) sincerely for Allah's sake then it is a (kind of) alms-giving in reward for him.

حَدَّثَنَا حَجَّاجُ بْنُ مِنْهَالٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي عَدِيُّ بْنُ ثَابِتٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ يَزِيدَ، عَنْ أَبِي مَسْعُودٍ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ إِذَا أَنْفَقَ الرَّجُلُ عَلَى أَهْلِهِ يَحْتَسِبُهَا فَهُوَ لَهُ صَدَقَةٌ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 55
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 48
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 53
Narrated Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "You will be rewarded for whatever you spend for Allah's sake even if it were a morsel which you put in your wife's mouth."

حَدَّثَنَا الْحَكَمُ بْنُ نَافِعٍ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ عَنْ الزُّهْرِيِّ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي عَامِرُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ أَبِي وَقَّاصٍ أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ "إِنَّكَ لَنْ تُنْفِقَ نَفَقَةً تَبْتَغِي بِهَا وَجْهَ اللَّهِ إِلَّا أُجِرْتَ عَلَيْهَا حَتَّى مَا تَجْعَلُ فِي فَمِ امْرَأَتِكَ"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 56
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 49
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 54
Narrated `Umar bin Al-Khattab:

People were (sometimes) judged by the revealing of a Divine Inspiration during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle but now there is no longer any more (new revelation). Now we judge you by the deeds you practice publicly, so we will trust and favor the one who does good deeds in front of us, and we will not call him to account about what he is really doing in secret, for Allah will judge him for that; but we will not trust or believe the one who presents to us with an evil deed even if he claims that his intentions were good.

حَدَّثَنَا الْحَكَمُ بْنُ نَافِعٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي حُمَيْدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَوْفٍ، أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عُتْبَةَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عُمَرَ بْنَ الْخَطَّابِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ يَقُولُ إِنَّ أُنَاسًا كَانُوا يُؤْخَذُونَ بِالْوَحْىِ فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، وَإِنَّ الْوَحْىَ قَدِ انْقَطَعَ، وَإِنَّمَا نَأْخُذُكُمُ الآنَ بِمَا ظَهَرَ لَنَا مِنْ أَعْمَالِكُمْ، فَمَنْ أَظْهَرَ لَنَا خَيْرًا أَمِنَّاهُ وَقَرَّبْنَاهُ، وَلَيْسَ إِلَيْنَا مِنْ سَرِيرَتِهِ شَىْءٌ، اللَّهُ يُحَاسِبُهُ فِي سَرِيرَتِهِ، وَمَنْ أَظْهَرَ لَنَا سُوءًا لَمْ نَأْمَنْهُ وَلَمْ نُصَدِّقْهُ، وَإِنْ قَالَ إِنَّ سَرِيرَتَهُ حَسَنَةٌ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2641
In-book reference : Book 52, Hadith 5
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 48, Hadith 809