The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
Don't think it was me, I don't remember a thread like that.

To answer the OP though. No I wouldn't date an obese or morbidly obese person, though I have dated an overweight person (didn't look all that big though).

The reason being, I just could not live and share my life with someone who doesn't respect themselves enough to have gotten to the point of obesity especially morbid obesity. I don't want to be with someone who I couldn't imagine growing old with because they'd be much more likely to die before the age of 70. Nor would I want to be without someone who can't take part in every day activities that I'd like to be able to enjoy together because of mobility issues that are entirely self inflicted.

Though accept on rare occasion obesity (though more likely just being overweight) can be no fault of the person, as an above user has stated taking steroids like prednisone can cause your body to **** up in terms of weight by causing redistribution of fat to non desirable area such as the face and neck. It can also cause bloating and fluid retention making one appear fat even if they have not gained any actual fat. It also often increases appetite which can lead to overeating..though a bit of common sense and low cal snacks can solve that one.. Though symptoms subside once medication has ceased.

Yea it's definitely rare and I've seen people get obese off steroids, but morbid obesity?
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Ew no. Wouldn't only date a slim girl, not even slightly chubby.

I like a little bit of healthy chub ngl :wink: like my limit is 5'6 and 11 stone, curves in all the right places though
Original post by 0to100
Yea it's definitely rare and I've seen people get obese off steroids, but morbid obesity?

If they become morbidly obese chances are they were already overweight to begin within and aren't doing all they can to prevent weight gain (low sodium diet and managing excess appetite by eating low calorie foods as opposed to reaching for crisps and chocolate etc).
If they become morbidly obese chances are they were already overweight to begin within and aren't doing all they can to prevent weight gain (low sodium diet and managing excess appetite by eating low calorie foods as opposed to reaching for crisps and chocolate etc).

Yea exactly they were overweight already but they had to become overweight as well yano. I don't know much about dating a morbid obese person so I ask the masses but it seems from the show that various people met them morbidly obese. That's wild bro lol
Original post by 0to100
Yea exactly they were overweight already but they had to become overweight as well yano. I don't know much about dating a morbid obese person so I ask the masses but it seems from the show that various people met them morbidly obese. That's wild bro lol

I've not dated a morbidly obese or obese person.

But my mum is obese (probably morbidly but nowhere near as bad as the stuff you see in those shows) and honestly it's depressing, upsetting and heartbreaking to live with and watch. I would never voluntarily put myself in the position of watching someone I love slowly kill themselves.
I've not dated a morbidly obese or obese person.

But my mum is obese (probably morbidly but nowhere near as bad as the stuff you see in those shows) and honestly it's depressing, upsetting and heartbreaking to live with and watch. I would never voluntarily put myself in the position of watching someone I love slowly kill themselves.

Nope I get you
Absolutely not.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Absolutely not.

How bout an anorexic
Absolutely not.

I guess we really do have no shot :/.
Original post by 0to100
How bout an anorexic

Probably not.

Original post by Kvothe the arcane

Not for that reason.
I don't mind beefy guys who have a belly although I probably wouldn't date one.

Can't see myself being attracted to a person who was morbidly obese. They don't appeal to me physically and likely have a lifestyle which is very much different to the one I'm striving towards.

Not for that reason.

I always knew you didn't like my skin colour :frown:.
Reply 71
Nope never just ewwww how can anyone be attracted to some blobe of fat

I always knew you didn't like my skin colour :frown:.

:erm: bro...
Original post by Jee1
Nope never just ewwww how can anyone be attracted to some blobe of fat

I get you. But sometimes they strangely seem like very nice people don't they? lol as if their condition has humbled them
Probably not.

Not for that reason.

wait you're gay?
Reply 75
Original post by 0to100
I get you. But sometimes they strangely seem like very nice people don't they? lol as if their condition has humbled them

It's strange because all the fat people that I've met all seem to be nice and friendly
Original post by Jee1
It's strange because all the fat people that I've met all seem to be nice and friendly

:rofl: strange indeed

*I always knew you didn't like my skin colour :frown:.

Well I am part of the oppressive Caucasian run system in this country. *

Original post by 0to100
:erm: bro...

He's kidding by the *way.
Original post by 0to100
wait you're gay?

No I'm not. I wouldn't date him because I'm straight.
Oh come on...you KNOW anyone with any sort of standards would NEVER.
Reply 79
You are hysterical! I second the opinion.