The Student Room Group

Cyclists Society MK2

Scroll to see replies

There is no competition in this years' tdf :/
Original post by I feel myself
There is no competition in this years' tdf :/

I can't see Froome loosing it but you never know, Yates and Quintana are both within a minute of him. If Quintana goes at it in the next few mountain stages it could get really close.
Going to resume back to cycling to work this week. Not really looking forward to the sweltering heat.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Going to resume back to cycling to work this week. Not really looking forward to the sweltering heat.

it has been beautiful to ride, as long as you're not out at midday and take some water you'll be fine :smile: I've been enjoying the sun
I only have a 2.5mile commute, absolutely savage in this heat. The half mile 12% hill to home is just a sweat fest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doodle_333
it has been beautiful to ride, as long as you're not out at midday and take some water you'll be fine :smile: I've been enjoying the sun

According to the weather it's the hottest around 3 or 4. I'm thinking a nice night ride might be on the books.
Original post by alexs2602
According to the weather it's the hottest around 3 or 4. I'm thinking a nice night ride might be on the books.

yeah I've been heading out in the mornings
Anyone ever heard of these guys before? It's apparently meant to be casual cycling clothing https://www.foxwilson.com/clothing sounds a lot better than constantly packing a spare change of clothes. Thoughts?
Reply 228
Original post by Ed Phelan
Anyone ever heard of these guys before? It's apparently meant to be casual cycling clothing https://www.foxwilson.com/clothing sounds a lot better than constantly packing a spare change of clothes. Thoughts?

£30 for a plain t-shirt, makes Rapha look cheap.
Original post by Ed Phelan

Not sure if i understand what that is but why is it expensive
Original post by JamesN88
I can't see Froome loosing it but you never know, Yates and Quintana are both within a minute of him. If Quintana goes at it in the next few mountain stages it could get really close.

There are all good cyclists but the TdF is like watching real madrid play in the championship league. If other teams next year don't tighten their
breath, Sky will just continue to dominate.
My cornering sucked today in a group... Steep, pot hole filled, wet roads and I crashed! Crashed my S works venge :frown: Thankfully, it's okay (and so am I), but today was just one of my worse rides ever
Reply 232
Original post by I feel myself
There are all good cyclists but the TdF is like watching real madrid play in the championship league. If other teams next year don't tighten their
breath, Sky will just continue to dominate.

will anyone but froome even be allowed to win at team sky?
Original post by dhr90

I think Geraint Thomas would be better off leaving so he can lead a team.
Original post by JamesN88
I think Geraint Thomas would be better off leaving so he can lead a team.

What music do you think chris froome listens to lol?
Reply 235
Did you lose your banter when you got your new role?
Original post by dhr90

Everyone knows why they're at the TdF in team sky.
would my LBS be likely to lend me a pump to pump up my tires? I'm in the process of moving and the pump has gone already, kept my bike to destress but have got a puncture :frown: haven't got a hope in hell of getting it to 90-100psi with my hand pump which is all I've got left now... we do have a LBS round the corner but I don't really want to pay to have it pumped for the sake of 4 days!
would my LBS be likely to lend me a pump to pump up my tires? I'm in the process of moving and the pump has gone already, kept my bike to destress but have got a puncture :frown: haven't got a hope in hell of getting it to 90-100psi with my hand pump which is all I've got left now... we do have a LBS round the corner but I don't really want to pay to have it pumped for the sake of 4 days!

Borrow implies taking it out of the shop which I doubt but I'm certain they'd just let you use a track pump.

My local Halfords has track pumps outside that are free to use. I would assume it's the same everywhere.

Any decent place would.

Quick Reply

Latest