The Student Room Group

What qualities do sensible girls look for in guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raniafern
Oui, we do. And dayummmm! <3 <3 <3
:love:

mais bien sur :fan:

Spoiler

Original post by TheEmperorofCats
What qualities do sensible girls look for when it comes to potential boyfriends? As a 17 year old male who has never had a relationship with anyone, I am just interested in what makes a guy boyfriend material (hopefully that does not sound too weird).

You have a lot to learn, well actually not very much as most girls go for and despite what they say they want:
1). A socially skilled, outgoing, extrovert guy - i.e. one that can talk the hind legs of a donkey or at least a real gobo chops - think night club loud mouths, centre of the party, in crowdy types, one of the 'lads' or leader off. Think of the guys at School - who got the ladies there, consistently? Money is on the loud mouthed, mucked around sort of guys, not necessarily thick but socially present. 2). Guys with money, particularly for girls who have missed out on above type of guy as they were too shy/introverted themselves even though they wanted them. So as earlier poster about the watch said, wear something obviously expensive, it is worth the investment, that's why some guys go out wearing designer brands, they don't like the cost either, but it says 'I'm Rich' to girls many of whom are materialistic even if they don't admit it to themselves or say otherwise. Why many guy buys the odd few designer clothes and wears them constantly rather than a wardrobe on nice but non-designer stuff - ridiculous but that is women for you. Guy that wears non-designer, nice but inexpensive clothes probably has more money but woman doesn't see it - and they call us superficial, lol.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
mais bien sur :fan:

Spoiler

Haha I had to dig up the French I learnt for that one... Random Q: Are you French?

@TheEmperorOfCats My apologies for hijacking your thread with French...
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha I had to dig up the French I learnt for that one... Random Q: Are you French?
@TheEmperorOfCats My apologies for hijacking your thread with French...

no not french
wish I was tho :moon:I am merely english with a large fascination with all things french - do french AS at moment
and I have lots of friends in france, wbu? :france:
no not french
wish I was tho :moon:I am merely english with a large fascination with all things french - do french AS at moment
and I have lots of friends in france, wbu? :france:

Yayyyy! I'm not French either... as is obvious from my previous comment :/

But, I'm Portuguese... Yeah, the Euro '16 Champions :colondollar: :biggrin: I love languages in general, and did my French dip last year...
Yayyyy! I'm not French either... as is obvious from my previous comment :/
But, I'm Portuguese... Yeah, the Euro '16 Champions :colondollar: :biggrin: I love languages in general, and did my French dip last year...

:biggrin: wow thats awesome! stfu :shakecane: france deserved to win more :france:
Original post by RobML
oh ye, totes me

Had to rep, too funny bro
Original post by Gavin2016
You have a lot to learn, well actually not very much as most girls go for and despite what they say they want:
1). A socially skilled, outgoing, extrovert guy - i.e. one that can talk the hind legs of a donkey or at least a real gobo chops - think night club loud mouths, centre of the party, in crowdy types, one of the 'lads' or leader off. Think of the guys at School - who got the ladies there, consistently? Money is on the loud mouthed, mucked around sort of guys, not necessarily thick but socially present. 2). Guys with money, particularly for girls who have missed out on above type of guy as they were too shy/introverted themselves even though they wanted them. So as earlier poster about the watch said, wear something obviously expensive, it is worth the investment, that's why some guys go out wearing designer brands, they don't like the cost either, but it says 'I'm Rich' to girls many of whom are materialistic even if they don't admit it to themselves or say otherwise. Why many guy buys the odd few designer clothes and wears them constantly rather than a wardrobe on nice but non-designer stuff - ridiculous but that is women for you. Guy that wears non-designer, nice but inexpensive clothes probably has more money but woman doesn't see it - and they call us superficial, lol.

This looks like a good post, it really does man
:biggrin: wow thats awesome! stfu :shakecane: france deserved to win more :france:

Nope, not with Payet ruining Ronaldo's chances of playing for the upcoming pre-season :angry: And as much as I love Griezou, he didn't really stand out as much as he did during the other matches.
Nope, not with Payet ruining Ronaldo's chances of playing for the upcoming pre-season :angry: And as much as I love Griezou, he didn't really stand out as much as he did during the other matches.

true
but portugals performance in the other matches meant for me they didn't deserve to win in the overall tournament - france did, Griezou played so well in the other matches

Spoiler

true
but portugals performance in the other matches meant for me they didn't deserve to win in the overall tournament - france did, Griezou played so well in the other matches

Spoiler

Yeah, if you take the whole tournament into consideration, France may have deserved to win. But as for the final, we did :biggrin: <3 Don't mess with ma patriotism :P
Yeah, if you take the whole tournament into consideration, France may have deserved to win. But as for the final, we did :biggrin: <3 Don't mess with ma patriotism :P

:smile: see
well sure :colonhash:
oh fine, i see how tis :talkhand:
:smile: see
well sure :colonhash:
oh fine, i see how tis :talkhand:

Oui, this is how it is... Haha, you on QuizUp?
Oui, this is how it is... Haha, you on QuizUp?

Used to be
then i installed pokemon go instead and it had to go :cry2:
Used to be
then i installed pokemon go instead and it had to go :cry2:

Okay... *laughing so much rn*
That counts me out.
Okay... *laughing so much rn*

stfu its a tale of woe

Spoiler