The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
I study at Dundee. My offer was ABB for direct entry to year 2 Politics. Typical Dundee offer is BBB for first year. I also work on the clearing helplines. :yep:

I stand corrected.

Do you think they would let me in second year entry with a CertHE already?
Reply 21
Perhaps. I would recommend filling out the Clearing form and see what response you get. It's worth a shot. :yep: Simply look for the course you want and if it says 'apply now' click it and fill out the form.
Original post by Airmed
Perhaps. I would recommend filling out the Clearing form and see what response you get. It's worth a shot. :yep: Simply look for the course you want and if it says 'apply now' click it and fill out the form.

I've applied, doubt I'll get in though. Thank you anyway :smile:
Reply 23
There is always a chance!
did u get in? if not where are u??
Original post by life.of.pablo
did u get in? if not where are u??

Yes, I got an unconditional :biggrin:

I couldn't go due to sfe though so I'm taking a year or so to sort that out and save up some more money for other things I want to do after graduation
Original post by Isabel.Summers
I'm obviously not expecting to get into oxford or UCL. I'd actually put off applying to uni for a year because I didn't think that any decent universities would take me with my grades, but after doing more general admin work I've decided that I really need something more challenging for my future, just something that stretches me a bit more intellectually.

I haven't decided on a course yet but I'm thinking history or english, or both (though not many unis seem to offer those subjects as a joint course?)

So yeah, if you know of any university that isn't horrifically low on the league table, and that generally speaking would take those grades, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. I'm in the early stages of searching and so I'm open to a variety of options.

Thankyou!

Hi :smile:

I'm at Bournemouth uni and it may not be high on the league tables but I dropped a place at Cardiff for it on results day and I have not once regretted it! If you have any more questions please message me. I'd also recommend Bangor and Aberystwyth.
I got into Leicester, Lancaster, Kent and Reading for law with BBB. I'm an international student though (I've heard unis drop their entry requirements for international students since they pay more, not sure if this is true) and I had extenuating circumstances (medical reasons) for doing my A levels poorly, but I think that Leicester and Reading especially looked at my overall application more than my grades. They're pretty decent unis in the rankings, so I'd recommend them (no idea about your course though) if you've got nothing else.
Reply 28
Original post by pinkisthefloyd
I got into Leicester, Lancaster, Kent and Reading for law with BBB. I'm an international student though (I've heard unis drop their entry requirements for international students since they pay more, not sure if this is true) and I had extenuating circumstances (medical reasons) for doing my A levels poorly, but I think that Leicester and Reading especially looked at my overall application more than my grades. They're pretty decent unis in the rankings, so I'd recommend them (no idea about your course though) if you've got nothing else.

What did you get for AS and what were your predicted grades? If you don't mind my asking..... When did you apply?
Original post by KasiUNSG
What did you get for AS and what were your predicted grades? If you don't mind my asking..... When did you apply?

No I don't mind. I didn't have predicted grades; I was taking a gap year and hence applying with my A level grades. I got AABBC for AS (5 subjects). I applied for the 2016-17 intake; I applied in January this year.
Original post by fg45344
Russell Group is not the be all and end all. I went to a non RG uni and did a masters at a RG uni and
now im doing a PhD at a RG uni. Essentially you can work your way up, if you get the grades and show the motivation and drive to do well.

I LOVE your profile pic!:tongue:
A Recruiter here: I couldn’t care less what course you did, but I very much care about the name of the uni. RG, Reading, Loughborough, Keele on a good day: welcome to the C-suite. De Montfort or a metropolitan uni? A nice job in A/P or HR awaits...
I know two people who went to De Montfort one a partner with one of the Big Four accounting firms and another who is a senior VP with one of US investment banks. Whilst it no doubt helps which university you went to for your first graduate job as a door opener, after that just down to the individual and how you navigate your career.

Latest