The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Apply here (Deadline has now passed):

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service-fast-stream

LATEST (18th March)
FSACs ongoing, many receiving results (whether that be a pass, fail or amber banding), initial FSAC reports have come out providing scores and dates and invites for FSBs are ongoing.

Apparently the deadline for FSACs now runs into April.

Latest scores table

WMCO - 11.84 - Pass for Diplomatic and Generalist
Zabay - 11.66 - Pass for GSR
DavidBuck101 - 11.59 - pass for Diplomatic and Generalist
Historicity - 11.38 - Pass for PD, D&T, HR, Commercial, Generalist
Squash_farmer - 11.28 - Pass for Diplomatic and Generalist
Outrigger - 10.83 - Pass for Finance, D&T and Generalist.
BarneyWillis - 10.77 - Pass for Diplomatic, Generalist, D&T, GSR
hl283 - 10.65 - Pass for Generalist and SEFS
Lucie1992 - 10.6 - Pass for Communications
DenningMR - 10.46 - Pass for PD, Commercial and HR
CarlousRex - 10.09 - Pass for D&T
Gelcoc - 9.54 - Pass for GSR, amber for Generalist and GCS

(What's this? Everybody who attends FSAC will be given a report highlighting what they did well and what could be improved on. Each report also contains an overall score which is used to determine whether you pass or fail for schemes. The people in the table above have kindly shared their scores and schemes to give people an idea of what kind of scores pass or fail or get amber banded for each schemes. The more people that share their score for it, the more helpful it becomes!

It's probably not that useful for you if you pass straight away and get your score, because you've already passed, but for some who have been amber banded for a while and get their reports they can try and see how close their score is to passing.)

Helpful info

http://www.faststream.gov.uk/contact-us/

Check the FAQ first!: http://www.faststream.gov.uk/faqs/
Email: [email protected]
Fast Stream Help Desk number: 01276 400 333
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys I will also be applying for the fast stream in September for the first time! Any tips would be lovely
Reply 2
Hi guys,

This will be my first time applying as well and hopefully be graduating next year. I have bought several books on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning test. Hopefully this should prepare me for the online test. I'm also considering to invest some money on the online practice test. What programmes you guys applying for ?@Historicity @ZonnyJammer I'm applying for digital and technology.
Original post by Historicity
Am I too early?

Ah well, anybody ready to apply this year? I've been rejected two years in a row, this year is gonna be my year at 22 years old!

Anybody recommend any books? I'm gonna buy some civil service/ aptitude test books and start doing them now til September

I've used www.assessmentday.co.uk and it really helped :smile: they have practice tests including e-tray tests, which are obviously really helpful when applying for the Fast Stream !
What has everyone done to put on their application form/talk about in interviews? I'm not sure whether to wait till next year to apply as I haven't got much work experience yet.
Reply 5
Anyone know when it opens for applications this year? Is it just the beginning of september?
Original post by Durgs
Anyone know when it opens for applications this year? Is it just the beginning of september?

It depends. Most of the Analytical streams open in February while the Corporate streams typically open on the 1st of September.

Take a look at last years dates here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/civil-service-fast-stream-graduate-schemes
Reply 7
Will also be applying this year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Eboracum7
It depends. Most of the Analytical streams open in February while the Corporate streams typically open on the 1st of September.

Take a look at last years dates here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/civil-service-fast-stream-graduate-schemes

Cheers!
Been a long time since I was on the Student Room... Originally had it applying for university. Back again hoping to join some people here in a quest to get into the civil service next year! Jumping on the thread early - will be watching.
Same as you! I used TSR for applying and then never really came back, until now!

Thanks for starting this thread OP :-)

I got some verbal reasoning/numerical practice books, and am taking some online. I want to take the tests basically as soon as they open because once my third year starts I'll have less time!

Applying for generalist - House of Commons! Although after practicing these tests, I'm slowly losing faith....
Original post by No1Lion
Hi guys,

This will be my first time applying as well and hopefully be graduating next year. I have bought several books on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning test. Hopefully this should prepare me for the online test. I'm also considering to invest some money on the online practice test. What programmes you guys applying for ?@Historicity @ZonnyJammer I'm applying for digital and technology.

Hi sorry for getting back to you so late! I'm applying for the generalist programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Um does anyone else suck at verbal reasoning?
Original post by whyamianadult
Um does anyone else suck at verbal reasoning?

Haven't got on to that section yet, hard to practice for all of this whilst working full time -.- Which book do you have? Mine is by Richard McMunn
Original post by ZonnyJammer
Haven't got on to that section yet, hard to practice for all of this whilst working full time -.- Which book do you have? Mine is by Richard McMunn

Ive got the practice & pass one by Alan Redman, thought I was getting better then took a practice one online and just can't seem to think the way they want me to. Freaking out a little haha.
Original post by whyamianadult
Ive got the practice & pass one by Alan Redman, thought I was getting better then took a practice one online and just can't seem to think the way they want me to. Freaking out a little haha.

Oh god interested to see how I'll get on then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZonnyJammer
Hi sorry for getting back to you so late! I'm applying for the generalist programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Central Departments
Reply 17
No Worries :smile: We got plenty of time . Thanks @Lillybingo for the link. I bought the bundle pack for £35 which is decent compared to the others.
Reply 18
Anyone applying for the Diplomatic Stream this year? I'm literally reading through all the previous Fast Stream threads on TSR to find out as much as I can lol.

Going to research the scheme and the application process until August, then going to start practicing as many tests as possible until the applications open in September. Kind of apprehensive about buying online tests and books, will probably head down to my local library soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just as a little sub-discussion, I'm interested to know everyone's back up plans if they aren't accepted on to the fast stream this year

I'm a third year history undergrad :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending