The Student Room Group

France "must learn to live with terrorism" -French Prime Minister

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshiee
The problem is we'll never have a world or even countries of highly educated people. Even in Sweden where they practised eugenics to stop the stupid from breeding they face massive issues there. Liberal tolerance of intolerant ideologies is the main problem.

Then I suppose humanity is forever doomed.
Humans... if you don't try and mould them into nice things - appear to naturally... love to destroy and kill shite.
Seems the highly developed countries are becoming highly educated, with the increasing focus on university education (what is it now, increasing to approx a third of population or something? Negatives to this sure in terms of employment, but it does great for society).
What next? Women must learn to live with being raped by horny economic migrants?

Totally right. Politicians need to be more concerned with their own people than the rights of these economic parasites.
We've got to stop funding takfiri's radicals in the ME to over throw governments we do not like in our proxy wars.
Reply 83
Original post by hellodave5
Then I suppose humanity is forever doomed.
Humans... if you don't try and mould them into nice things - appear to naturally... love to destroy and kill shite.
Seems the highly developed countries are becoming highly educated, with the increasing focus on university education (what is it now, increasing to approx a third of population or something? Negatives to this sure in terms of employment, but it does great for society).

Personally I think it's bloody obvious that humanity is forever doomed.

You only have to spend a minute trying to imagine what kind of weapons would be available to people in 1000 years from now and/or what kind of police states there'd need to be to try to deal with them.

Then assume Islam is still going strong,the population is 40 billion,water shortages ,housing shortages,powerful viruses etc etc.
Also the countries with more Muslims than the others. Poland and Romania, for example, have very few.

Irrelevant - IS will naturally target those who oppose them more, just like the IRA used to target public servants like the police, because they posed a bigger threat.

Original post by The_Opinion
Sorry to break this to you, but he is right, you do appear to be a terrorism apologist / enabler.

Far from it - I just don't see that kicking a wasps nest then posturing at it is the best way to deal with wasps. If you want to tackle terrorism then criminalising anyone from the same religious or racial background is the wrong way to go about it - dividing society even more just opens up more avenues for radicalisation. What you need is a well organised intelligence service - it's why the UK suffers less attacks than France; because France's domestic intelligence service is a shambles; in conjunction with an accepting society that isn't set up to drive young kids into the arms of groups like Isis but an environment where the Muslim community feels comfortable self policing and reporting any rogue imams or worshippers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moggis
Personally I think it's bloody obvious that humanity is forever doomed.

You only have to spend a minute trying to imagine what kind of weapons would be available to people in 1000 years from now and/or what kind of police states there'd need to be to try to deal with them.

Then assume Islam is still going strong,the population is 40 billion,water shortages ,housing shortages,powerful viruses etc etc.

As long as wealth becomes more evenly distributed, and the corruption ends all will be well.
I think there will likely be considerable limits on weaponry at least in size, so destructive power available to the individual shouldn't be an issue.
I think Islam like all the other religions will decline considerably, as quality of life and education improves.
Reply 86
Original post by hellodave5
As long as wealth becomes more evenly distributed, and the corruption ends all will be well.
I think there will likely be considerable limits on weaponry at least in size, so destructive power available to the individual shouldn't be an issue.
I think Islam like all the other religions will decline considerably, as quality of life and education improves.

How can it decline with many in Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia mainly being taught about the teachings of Islam?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Irrelevant - IS will naturally target those who oppose them more, just like the IRA used to target public servants like the police, because they posed a bigger threat.

They seek the weakest link in the chain. Currently it is France therefore they target France.
What you need is a well organised intelligence service - it's why the UK suffers less attacks than France; because France's domestic intelligence service is a shambles

Wait until Muslim population in Britain reaches 10% (as in France).
With that kind of weak and disgusting attitude no wonder he got booed at the memorial service today.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
With that kind of weak and disgusting attitude no wonder he got booed at the memorial service today.

Theres a Europe wide conspiracy to cause a third world war
Islam is a religion of terror
Original post by Karosan
How can it decline with many in Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia mainly being taught about the teachings of Islam?

Yeah well as long as people are being 'taught' (or brainwashed), things become a bit tricky. But if education and standard for living is high, then its more likely that religiosity will be mitigated... I think.

Far from it - I just don't see that kicking a wasps nest then posturing at it is the best way to deal with wasps. If you want to tackle terrorism then criminalising anyone from the same religious or racial background is the wrong way to go about it - dividing society even more just opens up more avenues for radicalisation. What you need is a well organised intelligence service - it's why the UK suffers less attacks than France; because France's domestic intelligence service is a shambles; in conjunction with an accepting society that isn't set up to drive young kids into the arms of groups like Isis but an environment where the Muslim community feels comfortable self policing and reporting any rogue imams or worshippers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anybody who talks about diving societies et is part of the problem. What is needed is hard action, not a load of empty talk.

The fact of the matter is that several decades ago, people similar to me warned that this kind of thing would happen, and people similar to yourself said that it would not. People similar to me, were sadly correct, and we have the solutions.

What is needed is a firm hand, usage of harsh punishments, strict immigration and deportations amongst a few other things.
Original post by admonit
They seek the weakest link in the chain. Currently it is France therefore they target France.

Wait until Muslim population in Britain reaches 10% (as in France).

This.

They are still in denial and don't see the link between increased Muslim immigration / population and risk of terrorism. They have cornered themselves by their strange logic, as to admit this, would mean to specifically reduce Muslim immigration, they have taught themselves that such a policy would automatically make them a Nazi, which they are against, thus they cannot allow Muslim immigration to be any part of the problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anybody who talks about diving societies et is part of the problem. What is needed is hard action, not a load of empty talk.

The fact of the matter is that several decades ago, people similar to me warned that this kind of thing would happen, and people similar to yourself said that it would not. People similar to me, were sadly correct, and we have the solutions.

What is needed is a firm hand, usage of harsh punishments, strict immigration and deportations amongst a few other things.

If trying to avoid creating even more radicals through poorly thought-out, rash actions designed to look tough is part of the problem, then I'd rather be part of the problem, because your solution seems to be to make everything a hell of a lot worse - creating even more terrorists is quite obviously not a good thing and given the choice between a slow but measured approach that, while it doesn't get rid of them immediately doesn't create more, and turning them into the Hydra from Hercules (kill one, create two), the former is self-evidently the right move.
If trying to avoid creating even more radicals through poorly thought-out, rash actions designed to look tough is part of the problem, then I'd rather be part of the problem, because your solution seems to be to make everything a hell of a lot worse - creating even more terrorists is quite obviously not a good thing and given the choice between a slow but measured approach that, while it doesn't get rid of them immediately doesn't create more, and turning them into the Hydra from Hercules (kill one, create two), the former is self-evidently the right move.

You have no evidence to back up your claims, name me one terrorist that was created as a result of him or her being deported from somewhere.

The liberals have caused this problem, it is lunacy to believe that the liberals can also fix it.
You have no evidence to back up your claims, name me one terrorist that was created as a result of him or her being deported from somewhere.

The liberals have caused this problem, it is lunacy to believe that the liberals can also fix it.

I didn't say deported, but raiding mosques and treating someone as automatically a suspect and guilty until proven innocent is going to drive people into the arms of the terrorists. As for evidence - while I'm no sociologist or in a position to properly evaluate their methodology: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/095465590944578 seems to suggest that social tensions are a significant predictor of terrorism.

Wouldn't call the likes of Bush and Blair liberals tbh - and their power-mongering and destabilisation of the middle east is ultimately what gave ISIS the space to grow.
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't say deported, but raiding mosques and treating someone as automatically a suspect and guilty until proven innocent is going to drive people into the arms of the terrorists. As for evidence - while I'm no sociologist or in a position to properly evaluate their methodology: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/095465590944578 seems to suggest that social tensions are a significant predictor of terrorism.

Wouldn't call the likes of Bush and Blair liberals tbh - and their power-mongering and destabilisation of the middle east is ultimately what gave ISIS the space to grow.

I would call them liberals, look at what is going on in the US right now, Trump's popularity is a result of the right having a chance to vote for someone who is actually right.

it was the government of Blair that wanted immigration to "rub the rights face in diversity".

Think of it like this.

Group A: We will bring in migrants.

Group B: This will cause X, Y and Z to happen.

Group A: No it will not, racist!

X, Y and Z happens.

Group A: OK, we should now do this.....

Group B: No, listen to us, we were right the first time!

Group A are just pain wrong and don't have the correct mind-set to solve the problem, those that predicted the problem would happen should be allowed to fix it.
What next? Women must learn to live with being raped by horny economic migrants?

According to Germany, yes. They must also learn to live with not reporting it because to do so is "racist".
Original post by Fugggggg :DDD
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-07-15/french-pm-france-is-at-war-with-terrorists/

"Times have changed and we should learn to live with terrorism. We have to show solidarity and collective calm. France has been hit in its soul on the 14 July, our national day."

How can this guy be fucxing serious??

Has he just handed the country over to Front Nationale?

Hollande and Valls are both very widely hated, and for good reason haha.

Valls also said that wearing a burkini is a sign of sexism, can he not realise some people want to follow religious or cultural traditions that they feel are right ? Not to mention people with skin conditions that wear these.
He even said that bare breasts are more 'french' because the French Marianne had breasts out in some paintings. He neglected to mention that in 90% of the portrayals of her have her in a big dress/ shawl.....

New democracy tends to be heading towards voting for a left **** or a right ****, what's even the point of voting ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending