The Student Room Group

How often do you view the Islamic Society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Lol @Reformed selecting rarely/never :rofl:

i think theres over 10,000 Isoc posts, if you count mine they come to barely 20. I think that satisfactorily qualifies as 'rarely' . you cant figure that out -I thought the popular myth on Isoc was 'islam invented maths' ?:teehee:
(edited 7 years ago)
Based on the stats above - the ISoc needs to be re-named the Sunni & Non Muslim society. petition please
Original post by Reformed
i think theres over 10,000 Isoc posts, if you count mine they come to barely 20. I think that satisfactorily qualifies as 'rarely' . you cant figure that out -I thought the popular myth on Isoc was 'islam invented maths' ?:teehee:

Well, 'view' doesn't equal 'post'. And she's interpreting it as how often it's being visited in more recent times.

I'm kinda curious though. Can you link me to the post on ISOC saying 'Islam invented maths' (you put it in quotation marks too)?
Original post by champ_mc99
Well, 'view' doesn't equal 'post'. And she's interpreting it as how often it's being visited in more recent times.

I'm kinda curious though. Can you link me to the post on ISOC saying 'Islam invented maths' (you put it in quotation marks too)?

He* :frown:

excuse my jibe - i essentially was having a little fun at the expense of some of the perhaps less enlightened muslims who thought on various threads that the islamic golden age saw muslims invent maths, algebra and calculus, which the rest of us know they did not, the y simply learnt it form pre islamic societies.

in terms of my views, i tend only to view the isoc when i am posting on it. and my posts have in general been more frequent when topical issues arise like in last few weeks/months etc that bring islam into the public forum. i think thats the same for many people
Original post by Zamestaneh
Oh dear :facepalm2: :rofl:

Posts discord/derailment on a daily basis, votes rarely/never :lol:
Original post by Al-farhan
Posts discord/derailment on a daily basis, votes rarely/never :lol:

Said he had like 20/10000 posts; probably didn't include the ones deleted by the mods :lol:
Said he had like 20/10000 posts; probably didn't include the ones deleted by the mods :lol:

Well obviously he will include the entire thread history to water down his recent rise to isoc resident troll.
Replacing the incumbent holder of the position Mr all the bset meraichi (apologies for butchering the name)

says the guy lurking in the shadow of the Ex Muslim Society :bird:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well obviously he will include the entire thread history to water down his recent rise to isoc resident troll.
Replacing the incumbent holder of the position Mr all the bset meraichi (apologies for butchering the name)

i sure my post count would have been much higher there if i had joined in your attacks on shias and ahmadiyyas - but im afraid i dont go that way
excuse my jibe - i essentially was having a little fun at the expense of some of the perhaps less enlightened muslims who thought on various threads that the islamic golden age saw muslims invent maths, algebra and calculus, which the rest of us know they did not, the y simply learnt it form pre islamic societies.

in terms of my views, i tend only to view the isoc when i am posting on it. and my posts have in general been more frequent when topical issues arise like in last few weeks/months etc that bring islam into the public forum. i think thats the same for many people

You can't really blame them for thinking Muslims "invented" algebra since it's an easy mistake to make given that some Muslims were great contributers to the world of Algebra, Geometry etc.

Oh right. So when the heat dies down around Islam for a while (if it ever does *sighs*) you'll post less?
says the guy lurking in the shadow of the Ex Muslim Society :bird:

I never claimed that I rarely visit there, so your point is a random observation that has no relevance lmao
i sure my post count would have been much higher there if i had joined in your attacks on shias and ahmadiyyas - but im afraid i dont go that way

Oh, I'm sure your troll posts in these sections esp the isoc will be on a sharp rise.
Oh by the show the world where these attacks have been taking place.
Or is your tongue so used to lies you realise not what you post?
I expect evidence to come soon, or the deafening silence.
He* :frown:

Reference to @Biryani007 :tongue:

Abu Al-Thebest still tries to troll but just not on the ISOC as much - recently he made a post on a different thread quoting me and pulling out a word from my post and gave me his indepth analysis of that word :lol:

So the role of muslims was just learning these arts.
They haven't expanded on them?
Formed new theorems on them?
Go beyond what was already present?
Reality would disagree with such biased anti muslim stance.
Reference to @Biryani007 :tongue:

:sad: I was enjoying being a girl :frown:
Abu Al-Thebest still tries to troll but just not on the ISOC as much - recently he made a post on a different thread quoting me and pulling out a word from my post and gave me his indepth analysis of that word :lol:

I don't but meri is fine in my books.
His trolling has a taste of its own unmatched by the new school of trolls.
Oh, I'm sure your troll posts in these sections esp the isoc will be on a sharp rise.
Oh by the show the world where these attacks have been taking place.
Or is your tongue so used to lies you realise not what you post?
I expect evidence to come soon, or the deafening silence.

is this some sort of poem or are replying to me? it seems like also that ISOC has now arrived enmasse here, is the new ISoc hangout? im not quite sure what you are asking but if its reference to my earlier post - yes, views of the Isoc thread will vary proportionate to the level of islamist activity going on in the world - that is inevitable is not not? isnt that exactly what the islamists want - noteriety and modern day relevance for islam?

in terms of other posters like Mariachi Epicurian QE2 etl al, i have to honestly say they put your knowledge of scriptual reference, hadeeth and indeed islamic history to shame.
I completely misread this, I thought the whole frequently thing meant how frequently you are a sunni/shia/non-muslim 😂 oh dear

Quick Reply

Latest