The Student Room Group

I am not stupid

I am really hurt my step -father all the time says I am stupid,an air head etc because of the things I say, I am starting to believe him maybe he is right I am stupid I find such words a real blow to my confidence and self belief.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I am really hurt my step -father all the time says I am stupid,an air head etc because of the things I say, I am starting to believe him maybe he is right I am stupid I find such words a real blow to my confidence and self belief.

Well what did you say that made him call you stupid?
Original post by CherishFreedom
Well what did you say that made him call you stupid?

I sometimes talk about fashion I don't know he says I know when I ask no matter what I do and say in his eyes I will always be stupid
Original post by Anonymous1502
I sometimes talk about fashion I don't know he says I know when I ask no matter what I do and say in his eyes I will always be stupid

Well then your dad is the one being stupid. Asking questions is good. It means you are curious about things and want to know more. Only dumb kids don't ask questions.
Some people reduce other people so they can feel better about themselves. Don't be sad and believe in yourself. Be sorry for your step-dad's insecurity.

Believe it or not, there isn't much difference between 'smart' people and 'stupid', at least not in the conventional view. There are good thought patterns, bad thought patterns, and habits. Those who ask questions are willing to learn and evaluate, and will achieve a great mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending