The Student Room Group

How often do you view the Islamic Society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reformed
is this some sort of poem or are replying to me? it seems like also that ISOC has now arrived enmasse here, is the new ISoc hangout? im not quite sure what you are asking but if its reference to my earlier post - yes, views of the Isoc thread will vary proportionate to the level of islamist activity going on in the world - that is inevitable is not not? isnt that exactly what the islamists want - noteriety and modern day relevance for islam?

in terms of other posters like Mariachi Epicurian QE2 etl al, i have to honestly say they put your knowledge of scriptual reference, hadeeth and indeed islamic history to shame.

Well thank you, I'm touched that you'd think my post was poetry :hat:.
Also, you seem slightly confused as nothing in your post addresses the points I raised about your earlier claims.

Ps: I don't get the unrelated big up of yo boyz here. But ok:s-smilie:
Original post by Al-farhan
Well obviously he will include the entire thread history to water down his recent rise to isoc resident troll.
Replacing the incumbent holder of the position Mr all the bset meraichi (apologies for butchering the name)

Mariachi. :wink:

If you don't mind, I'd like to remind you that the I-SOC is (theoretically) for 'both Muslims and non-Muslims alike' to discuss 'issues relating to Islam, current world affairs...'

If you prefer to not have non-Muslims posting on the thread then perhaps it's a good idea to change the OP.
Original post by champ_mc99
You can't really blame them for thinking Muslims "invented" algebra since it's an easy mistake to make given that some Muslims were great contributers to the world of Algebra, Geometry etc. but simplisitic but i suppose i can see where you are coming from- but like saying 'Alan Sugar invented the PC.'

Oh right. So when the heat dies down around Islam for a while (if it ever does *sighs*) you'll post less?

well ironically i used to talk about all things islamic some time ago, but not on the isoc, in various threads about scriptual reference and how it relates to islamic histoy etc - i dont really do that anymore as most of the muslims on tsr have almost laughable knowledge of islamic history. But i think islamic doctrine and its influence on muslim youth and various recent attrocities that have been reported globally is topcial matter and i suppose Isoc is a good window into whats happening to the muslim youth of the Uk. i have to say to does not look good...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Zamestaneh
This is subjective judgment but I would imagine it means viewing the thread more than every couple of days, but it does not have to mean posting frequently. I would say you are frequent :smile:

Thanks.
:facepalm: I am not even going to mention how I read it. Silly me.

I was enjoying being a girl

I accept you as my sister :colone:
Original post by Legendary Quest

If you don't mind, I'd like to remind you that the I-SOC is (theoretically) for 'both Muslims and non-Muslims alike' to discuss 'issues relating to Islam, current world affairs...'

If you prefer to not have non-Muslims posting on the thread then perhaps it's a good idea to change the OP.

Debating isn't allowed but it happens between the Non-Muslims and Muslims (and admittedly between Muslims too).
Original post by Legendary Quest

With all due respect show me which part(s) of my post(s) indicates any objection or dissatisfaction to the isoc being open.
In fact I'm a firm believer that the isoc (and any soc for that matter) should be open and welcoming to all.
Pointing out known trolls and poking fun at attempted trolling does not equate to suggesting preventing genuine people from joining the soc.
Rather it is proven the friendly and welcome nature of the isoc (and the whole faith sub-section) is obvious and known.
So I suggest that you respectfully reward or rethink your unproven stance.
I don't know why I don't go on the ISOC more but I can guess its for self-esteem reasons, every1 is so confident :smile:
I like ummah forum though
Original post by h333
Thanks.
:facepalm: I am not even going to mention how I read it. Silly me.

I accept you as my sister :colone:

Ooh, tell me how you read it :tongue: Remember now, I won't be laughing at you, I will be laughing with you :fyi: :colone:

Das it mayn

With all due respect show me which part(s) of my post(s) indicates any objection or dissatisfaction to the isoc being open. In fact I'm a firm believer that the isoc (and any soc for that matter) should be open and welcoming to all.
unfortunalty as with most things Islamic in nature - thats not how it turns out . you could send an islamic mission to the south pole and theyd end up fighting with the penguins over ownership of icebergs
Pointing out known trolls and poking fun at attempted trolling does not equate to suggesting preventing genuine people from joining the soc. Rather it is proven the friendly and welcome nature of the isoc (and the whole faith sub-section) is obvious and known.
at first i thought you were a poet, now i can see you are a comedian :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by champ_mc99
Debating isn't allowed but it happens between the Non-Muslims and Muslims (and admittedly between Muslims too).

I understand, but the OP also states that discourse is encouraged. Prolonged debates aren't allowed though but that does make sense.

With all due respect show me which part(s) of my post(s) indicates any objection or dissatisfaction to the isoc being open.
In fact I'm a firm believer that the isoc (and any soc for that matter) should be open and welcoming to all.

Interesting. Is that why you labelled Mariachi as a troll? Because you are 'open and welcoming to all'? I'm sure you are 'open and welcoming' when you talk to people who hold opinions that differ to yours, whether that be from a non-Muslim or a fellow Muslim. You don't just label them as trolls, do you? Stop kidding yourself.

Pointing out known trolls and poking fun at attempted trolling does not equate to suggesting preventing genuine people from joining the soc.

Funny you say that, considering the people who have posted on the I-SOC in an attempt to have a civilised discussion with you and your peers have been labelled as trolls. If you are going to undermine anyone who says anything critical of your religion then perhaps, as I suggested, it would be wise to edit your OP. You evidently do not want to have discussions regarding your religion that could potentially highlight its flaws. I understand. But be honest with yourself.

Rather it is proven the friendly and welcome nature of the isoc (and the whole faith sub-section) is obvious and known.

According to... Who? You?

So I suggest that you respectfully reward or rethink your unproven stance.

Ok.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello. I'm finally here :h:
What's the point of this thread may i ask? :redface:
nvm cba arguing over rubbish
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Hello. I'm finally here :h:
What's the point of this thread may i ask? :redface:

I am essentially determining who the ISOC serves. There is a specific issue that this poll will address, but I just need to establish statistics first. I do not wish to go into this issue too much because it caused some argument on the ISOC recently.
I am essentially determining who the ISOC serves. There is a specific issue that this poll will address, but I just need to establish statistics first. I do not wish to go into this issue too much because it caused some argument on the ISOC recently.

Was there arguments between ISOC members from different islamic sects? :frown:

i can see you ommited Amaddiya from your poll list. another chance to see what Isoc is all about.
I've got as much interest in visiting the I-Soc as I do in visiting Syria.
Original post by Reformed
i can see you ommited Amaddiya from your poll list. another chance to see what Isoc is all about.

He forgot to mention sufis:eek4:
Conspiracy muzlamicsz
He forgot to add the madhabs eg shafi'is oh no more muzlamicszzz
Whenever I want a chuckle, or a cringe :smile:
He forgot to mention sufis:eek4:
Conspiracy muzlamicsz
He forgot to add the madhabs eg shafi'is oh no more muzlamicszzz

in general though sufis and madhhabs havent been sentenced to death in that time old islamic fashion though.
Oh, I'm sure your troll posts in these sections esp the isoc will be on a sharp rise.
Oh by the show the world where these attacks have been taking place.
Or is your tongue so used to lies you realise not what you post?
I expect evidence to come soon, or the deafening silence.

And this is a bad thing? You did the same not more than three days ago. :lol:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest